Directly hitting on to the topic, jojoba oil for hair is extremely beneficial for the fact that it is excessively rich in minerals and vitamins. It is also a good source of the components like iodine, copper, selenium, chromium, and zinc.
The following will give you an idea of why is is jojoba oil good for hair?
- The best quality of the Jojoba oil is that it is extremely lightweight and doesn’t feel like a load on your hair.
- It is odor free and has a longer active life.
Some Facts and Jojoba Oil Benefits For Hair
- Jojoba oil, in fact, is wax oil that is extracted from the shrub named ‘ShimmondsiaChinensis’.
- It is grown in the United States of America.
- It is a replica of natural sebum produced by the scalp. Hence, jojoba oil benefits for hair.
- Jojoba oil for hair growth is a renowned provides nourishment to hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
- It prevents fungal infection and maintains scalp health.
With This Information Let’s Explore Further Some Jojoba Oil Benefits For Hair
1. Moisturizer – Jojoba Oil For Hair and Scalp
The molecular structure of jojoba oil and that of the natural sebum produced by scalp is same and thus helps in keeping the scalp well hydrated. This, in turn, allows proper nourishment of the hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
2. Cleanser – Jojoba Oil For Hair Growth and Scalp Cleansing
Here again, the similar molecular structure to the other natural sebum allows easy acceptance of jojoba oil by the scalp tissue. Jojoba oil dislodges the clogs and protects them from other external impurities.
3. Provides Germ-Free Scalp
The antimicrobial property of jojoba oil soothes the inflammation if any on the scalp and at the same time fights the other infection-causing germs. The antioxidant content combats against the free radicals and prevents any damage caused due to them.
4. Anti- Hairfall Solution – Jojoba Oil For Hair Growth
Clogging of pores is one of the major reasons for the hair fall. As mentioned in the above point, the jojoba oil is an effective cleanser and dislodges clogs. It dissolves the dirt and paves the pave for nourishment to reach the hair follicles. This reduces the hair fall and also allows hair growth.
5. Jojoba Oil Benefits For Hair As A Conditioner
When the cuticles of hair rise up from the upper level it is concluded that the hair is damaged. This causes hair to lose moisture. Using jojoba oil smoothes out these risen hair cuticles and also form a protective layer over the hair that allows locking of moisture and conditions them.
6. Anti Dandruff – Jojoba Oil For Hair Care
The antimicrobial activity of jojoba oil plus its ability to hydrate the scalp and hair prevents the formation of flakes on the scalp. This leads to prevention from dandruff. Use of jojoba oil also treats scalp conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
7. Is Jojoba Oil Good For Hair Getting Voluminous Hair?
Certain hair and body conditions cause premature hair loss and forcibly cause the hair follicles to enter the resting phase. Jojoba oil works on revitalizing the dormant hair follicles and encourages their regrowth. This causes generation of new hair and thus adds volume to the existing hair.
8. How is Jojoba Oil Good For Hair Growth?
The jojoba oil increases circulation to the scalp and provides nourishment to the roots. As mentioned in the above points it conditions, cleanses and improves circulation to the hair follicles. This healthy scalp surrounding and sufficient nutrition to the hair causes the hair to grow faster and thicker within no time.
9. How Jojoba Oil For Hair Helps Against Alopecia?
It is an emollient; it works such that it fills in the empty spots on the scalp by providing nutrition to the dormant follicles and allowing the regrowth of hair. Due to this quality jojoba oil is used in combination with other essential oils for aromatherapy treatment for better good and advantage.
10. How is Jojoba Oil Good For Hair Color Maintenance?
The jojoba oil when applied on the color treated hair prevents fading away of the color by closing the hair cuticles and not allowing the damage caused to affect hair due to the sun and other harsh chemical pollutants in the air.
Now let us move on to how to use jojoba oil for hair?
How To Use Jojoba Oil For Hair?
There are numerous methods in which jojoba oil can be used for hair. Irrespective of the method that you opt for, you are sure to get your desired results.
1. Direct massage –
To obtain jojoba oil benefits for hair it is most commonly used directly. For a hot oil massage, jojoba oil can be mixed with a carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil and massage into the scalp. Followed by washing and conditioning.
2. Hair Conditioning –
To get extra benefits of hair conditioning mix few drops of jojoba oil to your conditioner and use it as a conditioner in your daily routine without making any major changes to hair care routine. Jojoba oil will help you bring back the moisture and luster sooner than expected.
3. How To Use Jojoba Oil For Hair As A Leave-In Treatment?-
- Massage slightly warm jojoba oil on your head and leave it overnight. Wash your hair with cold water next day to get the soft and moisturized hair.
- Mix it with the essential oil (Lavender oil) for the added advantage and apply it to your scalp. Keep it for 30 minutes. Follow that with thorough washing and conditioning.
4. After Shampoo Treatment-
- If you feel your scalp or hair is drier after washing then take a very small amount of jojoba oil in your hand and apply it to your hair and scalp. This will add shine to your hair, reduce dryness and importantly won’t make your hair greasy and make your head feel heavier.
- Detangled hair –Do you experience tangled hair that is prone to breakage after hair wash. Here is the solution to your problem. Take a small amount of jojoba oil and apply it on your hair or add few drops of oil to your brush and then comb your hair. You’ll observe the immediate detangling effect and will help prevent your hair from breakage.
Where Would You Get The Jojoba Oil?
- You would readily get this very fruitful jojoba oil for hair growth at any market.
- Jojoba oil is available at the online stores too.
- I would suggest you get in touch with a nearby aromatherapist to get proper quality organic jojoba oil.
- If you don’t intend to use a pure form of oil there are many products available that are a blend of jojoba oil and other components.
Things To Care Of While Buying Jojoba Oil
- If buying online, make sure that the product to be delivered is cent percent organic and unadulterated.
- Using the adulterated oil can increase your problems instead of working on curing them.
- Check the labels to make sure the percentage content of the product.
- Nothing penetrates better than this oil and hence when this oil is applied it penetrates the scalp without making it feel greasy. If the oil doesn’t penetrate discontinue its use.
Some FAQ’s Related To Jojoba Oil
1. How much jojoba oil should be added to the conditioner or shampoo?
Don’t overuse this, assuming that using a lot is going to give better results. Use a 1 tablespoon of oil for half a cup of conditioner or shampoo.
2. Does jojoba oil protect against heat?
No! However jojoba oil benefits for hair it doesn’t protect our hair with respect to the heat treatments like hair ironing, curling, blowing etc.
3. Can jojoba oil act as a mosquito repellent?
Oh yes! 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil mixed with few drops of thyme oil acts as an effective mosquito repellent.
After reading this article, I’m quite sure that you guys are now well acquainted with jojoba oil benefits for hair. So incorporating this oil into your daily hair care needs is going to give you better results and beautiful hair. Apart from the hair, the jojoba oil is beneficial for other skin problems too. If you have been using this oil continue your work with it. If you still are not a user of it and looking for a solution to your hair problems then you have come to a right place to gain the knowledge.
Just go for it and start using the jojoba oil for hair growth and other benefits. Hope you reach your desired results at the earliest.