Table of Contents Hide
- What is Greasy Hair?
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Hair?
- Hair Mask for Greasy Hair
- 1. Aloe Vera and Lemon Hair mask
- 2. Multani Mitti Hair Pack
- 3. Tea Tree Oil
- 4. Tomato Hair Mask for Greasy Hair
- 5. Egg White and Salt Hair Mask
- 6. Egg White, Essential Oil And Lemon Hair Pack
- 7. Milk, Almond Oil and Oatmeal Hair Mask
- 8. Honey, Lemon, Egg Yolk and Aloe Vera Hair Mask
- 9. Fenugreek with Black Tea Hair Pack for Oily Hair
- 10. Yoghurt Hair Mask
- 11. Orange and Lemon Peel Hair Mask
- Tips to Do Away With Greasy Hair
- People Ask For
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Are you distressed with the greasy hair? Greasy hair blights your external appearance. Don’t be in upset! We are here to discuss with you about the greasy hair and also the hair mask for greasy hair, home remedies for greasy hair. This provides you with a wide knowledge about it.
What is Greasy Hair?
Greasy hair is one of the conditions of the hair which gives an oily appearance due to the excessive secretion of sebum from the sebaceous glands, present over the hair follicles. This gives you an oily scalp presenting you with an oily skin in addition to the greasy hair.
How to Get Rid of Greasy Hair?
There are certain reasons like humidity, increase in sebum secretion, increased usage of hair conditioner, hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficiencies can cause greasy hair. Here come some of the home remedies for greasy hair which helps you to kick off your greasy hair.
Hair Mask for Greasy Hair
We have enclosed here with the natural home remedies for the greasy hair to clear out the problem associated with it.
1. Aloe Vera and Lemon Hair mask
Aloe vera is a good hair conditioner giving shiny hair. Lemon fights with dandruff. Both lemon and aloe vera controls excessive oil secretion. This DIY hair mask is one of the best oily hair remedies.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera pulp
- Prepare the aloe vera pulp by blending it with a blender and keep aside.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera pulp to 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a bowl.
- Apply this pack over the scalp and hairs.
- Let this pack be there for 15 minutes.
- Now wash off with plain water.
2. Multani Mitti Hair Pack
Multani mitti has the property of absorbing excess oil from your scalp leaving you with a healthy conditioned scalp and hair.
- 2 tablespoon of Multani mitti / fuller’s earth
- A required amount of water
- Take a bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of multani mitti with the required amount of water.
- Make it to a smooth paste by adding water to it for a hair mask.
- Apply this paste to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 30 min and rinse with plain water.
3. Tea Tree Oil
The anti-microbial effect of tea tree oil helps in the reduction of sebum secretion from sebaceous glands, preventing oily hair and scalp.
- 30 ml of coconut oil
- 15 drops of tea tree oil
- Mix 30 ml of coconut oil to 15 drops of tea tree oil in a dry bowl.
- Now apply this mixture to the scalp and hair from hair follicles to the tip.
- Leave it for 30 min to 1 hour.
- Wash your hair with normal water.
- Repeat this procedure thrice in a week for better results.
4. Tomato Hair Mask for Greasy Hair
Tomatoes are enriched with vitamin A, B, C and E which prevents hair loss and treats the scalp from dandruff. Tomatoes prevent oily scalp and give a natural shine to your hair.
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- Take 2 tomatoes and wash them.
- Smash it to a paste.
- Apply the tomato paste to the scalp and hair.
- Leave for 30 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- This pack benefits you to get rid of greasy hair and scalp.
- Repeat it many times per week for good results.
5. Egg White and Salt Hair Mask
As all of us know, egg white is rich in proteins and anti-oxidant properties which nourishes and conditions your hair. Salt is the best absorbent of oil which reduces the greasiness and gives you smooth shiny hair.
- An egg white.
- Lemon juice.
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix it well to a paste.
- Apply this mixture to the hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Have hair wash with mild shampoo.
6. Egg White, Essential Oil And Lemon Hair Pack
- An egg white
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Few drops of essential oil
- Separate the white from an egg in a cup.
- Add 2 tablespoon of lemon juice to it.
- Also, add few drops of essential oil (lavender or rosemary) and mix well.
- Apply to the scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash with a mild shampoo to get an oil-free scalp and toss out greasy hair.
7. Milk, Almond Oil and Oatmeal Hair Mask
Milk is the best moisturizer and the almond oil is packed with vitamin E and high content of omega-3 which maintains the oil content and also nourishes your hair. Oatmeal is rich in vitamin E, gives you smooth and silky hair.
- ½ cup of plain milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of almond oil
- ½ cup of oats
- Initially prepare a ½ cup of oats and keep aside.
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients into it.
- Mix it to a thick paste for a hair mask.
- Apply this paste to the scalp and hair and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- Try this once in a week to kick off the greasy hair.
8. Honey, Lemon, Egg Yolk and Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Honey is a perfect hair conditioner which retains the required amount of moisture for your hair and maintains the health of your hair.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey,
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 1 egg yolk
- Take all the ingredients at the right proportion in a bowl.
- Mix it well to a paste.
- Apply it over the scalp and hair.
- Leave this hair mask for 20 minutes.
- Have a hair wash with a mild shampoo to get a radiant and glossy hair.
9. Fenugreek with Black Tea Hair Pack for Oily Hair
Fenugreek seeds, as we discussed it in the earlier article have the potential to treat scalp and hair problems. Black tea promotes hair health by cleansing the scalp.
- 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
- 3 teaspoons of black tea leaves
- Prepare a black tea from the black tea leaves with water.
- Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight in a strong black tea.
- Next morning, blend this concoction in a blender.
- Blend it to a fine paste and take this mixture in a cup.
- Now apply this paste to the scalp and hairs.
- Leave it for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Wash with plain water.
- Repeat this procedure thrice in a week for an added effect.
10. Yoghurt Hair Mask
Yoghurt is rich in protein which nourishes your hair. Lactic acid in yoghurt cleanses the scalp and removes the dead cells which help in the growth of new hair follicles and prevents oily scalp. Baking soda which we use here for yoghurt hair mask acts as a good oil absorbent.
- ½ cup of plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of egg white
- Take the above-mentioned ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well to form a paste.
- Apply this smooth paste to the scalp and hair.
- Massage for a few minutes and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat it twice or thrice in a week for good results.
11. Orange and Lemon Peel Hair Mask
This hair mask treats the oily scalp and the vitamin content of it boosts up the hair’s health.
- 1 orange peel
- 2 lemon peels
- Take the peels of orange and lemon into a blender.
- Blend it to a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to the hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with plain water to expel the oil from your hair.
Tips to Do Away With Greasy Hair
Removing the causes for greasy hair helps you to toss out this issue.
- Going with the hair masks for greasy hair which have an impact over the secretion of sebaceous glands.
- Avoid having sugary and fried items which induce the secretion of sebum.
- Climatic changes mainly summer paves a pathway for oily hair because of high humidity. Here the persons can occupy lower humidity conditions.
- Take hair wash regularly with a mild shampoo.
- Don’t use hot or warm water for hair wash.
- Take more of water.
- Don’t be overstressed.
- Certain hair serums might cause oily scalp leading to oily hair. Please avoid using those hair serums.
- Consult with the physicians for the greasy hair due to the hormonal imbalance.
- Avoid shampooing often.
- Follow the right process of hair wash.
- Get enough sleep.
- Have a nutritional diet containing all the essential nutrients for your body and hair mainly vitamin B.
- Get treated with dandruff which dispenses with the greasy hair.
- Using more of hair conditioners give on to greasy hair. Use fewer hair conditioners.
People Ask For
1. How does hormonal imbalance lead to greasy hair?
When you are stressed, your body releases cortisol hormone. When this cortisol level rises, this stimulates the sebaceous glands to secrete more of sebum, building up oil in your scalp.
2. What is the right process of hair wash?
Before shampooing your hair, oiling the hair is the first step. Brush out your hair and rinse with mild shampoo. Finally, you can use natural hair conditioners like applying aloe vera to the scalp, roots of the hairs and to the hair tip. Then rinse well with normal water or cold water. Don’t use warm water for hair wash.
3. Can we shampoo our hair daily?
Shampooing your hair daily is not recommended, as it removes all the oil over the scalp and leaves you dry and brittle hair.
It’s one of the most important tasks for us to take care of our hair’s health. Mainly greasy hair changes the look of your hair and also spoils your glance. It can be managed by using different types of hair masks mentioned above. Gain the benefits of the natural hair mask for greasy hair by using it regularly and get strong and silky hair.
Read Next – Do You Know The Importance Of Combing Your Hair!