Happy Hair at Home : 5 Homemade DIY Hair Masks for Shiny & Healthy Hair!
Yes! The latest talk of the town is homemade hair masks to give you a shiny and healthy mane. Who knew DIY Hair masks for dry hair and damaged hair were right there in your very own kitchen!
Just like us, homemade comfort food can never be replaced by junk and restaurant food, the same is applicable for our hair! No matter how many hours or how much money we spend on our hair at salons and spas for hair treatment for dry and damaged hair, at the end of the day, it’s all chemical- oriented. Its fine to indulge in spa treatments for your hair once in a while, but the fact that real, deep-rooted and unadulterated nourishment and care of your hair happens only at home can be solely be done with the help of homemade DIY hair masks.
DIY hair masks are a sure shot and guaranteed way to add that oomph factor to your hair. Homemade hair masks enliven your hair without any damage and in an extremely safe and chemical free way. Confused about what to put on your hair and what not? There are DIY hair masks for dry hair, damaged hair, homemade hair mask for deep conditioning, hair mask for growth and the works! You name the problem and you have the solution surprisingly with you!
We bring for you top 5 homemade masks for dry hair, dull hair, damaged hair and we also help you to achieve soft and shiny locks too! These DIY hair masks work on all hair types including coarse, frizzy, dry, oily, fine and wavy hair. Try these out and gain ultra-glamorous results!
Homemade DIY Hair Masks for Dull and Damaged Hair
Excessive use of hair spray, styling gels, serums, styling products, hot irons, help you achieve super sexy looks and hairstyles for a short while but when it comes to the real naked unstyled natural hair it is lifeless dull and totally damaged hair. Your completely ruined hair needs deep conditioning to make up for the damaged done by chemical usage at salons and spas. Homemade hair masks for Dull and damaged hair can be used to repair and bring dead hair back to life again in the following ways:
1. Avocado and Egg Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
It’s hard to imagine that the scrambled eggs on your plate, very next day, can land upon your head! Packed with the purest of proteins, eggs make for an excellent ingredient to be added to your homemade hair pack for dull and damaged hair. Paired with Avocados, that are rich in Vitamin C, A and E this mask will repair all the damage done.
- Just whisk up 1 egg for short hair and 2 eggs if you have long hair.
- Peel an Avocado and deseed it. Scoop out the ripe pulp of the Avocado in a bowl.
- Add the whisked egg to the Avocado pulp. Mix well
- Apply this mask well onto your scalp right till the ends of your hair.
- Wear a shower cap and let the mask work its wonder for 30-45 minutes
- Rinse well with mild shampoo and cold water.
Another homemade mask for damaged and dull hair that shows miraculous results is :
2. Pumpkin & Honey Homemade Hair Mask for Healthy Hair
Enriching Beta-carotene, Potassium, and Zinc are in abundance in the humble and unsung hero-The Pumpkin. Honey too, when used in the most natural form, makes for an amazing repairing agent for damaged and dull hair. Yes, they help in making pies and stews, but leftover cans of pumpkin and that last spoon of honey lying unused in your kitchen also make fabulous homemade hair masks for dry and damaged hair.
- Take pumpkin puree needed as per the length of your hair.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of pure honey to this puree.
- Mix well.
- Apply it to the lengths of hair and tie your hair up in a messy bun to keep your hair in place.
- Keep it for at least 45-50 minutes.
- Rinse with mild shampoo and towel dry post hair wash.
Got some extra mask left in your bowl. Put it on your face! DIY Hair mask recipes used for face for flawless skin comes as a bonus with shiny hair-free free!
Homemade Hair Masks for Dry Hair
Hair mask recipes help you out to solve all your hair problems in a fuss-free way right in the comfort of your own house. Even grave issues like dry, itchy and flaky scalp can be warded off with the help of Homemade hair masks for dry hair. We provide you with two effective homemade hair mask recipe for dry hair.
3. Banana, Milk, Egg and Olive Oil Smoothie for Dry Hair
We all are very well aware of the wondrous moisturizing and hydrating properties of banana and Milk. Rich in fat content Egg and Milk both are very good ingredients to use for long lasting smooth and softening results. It’s absolutely simple to make
- Peel and mash an over ripe banana
- Whisk up 1 egg for short and 2 eggs for long hair
- Add half a glass of milk or less to this mix (avoid the dripping consistency to keep the mess at bay!!)
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil into the mask
- Apply it well in the roots on your scalp for more effective results. Thumb rule-Moisturised scalp = less dry scalp and hair.
- Keep this mask on your hair for at least an hour for your hair to get super hydrated and let it soak in all the goodness from the mask.
- Wash with cold water and mild shampoo.
- Do not use hot water for hair wash as it rips off all the essential oils from your hair thereby, making it even dry.
So think before tossing away those over ripe bananas into the bin! They are gold for your hair and give you the best homemade hair mask for dry hair.
4. Aloe Vera and Olive Oil Hair Mask
Used since ages for glowing skin and healthy hair, Aloe Vera has been used immensely for its medicinal and healing properties. Because of its mild effects, it can be used on a daily basis for providing strength and shine to dry and damaged hair.
For this DIY hair mask you need:
- two to three tablespoons of egg yolk,
- four to five tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel and three to four tablespoons of olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil should be used in masks so that it brings out the best of effects.
- Warm the extra virgin olive oil for about 10 seconds and then blend all the constituents together to form a unified mix.
Use a hair brush to apply the hair mask evenly. You should preferably apply it at night and leave it till the morning to get more hydrated and stronger hair. If this mask is applied consistently for 10-15 days it will surely moisturize and provide the essential fatty nutrients to dry hair.
5. Oatmeal Hair Mask for Dry & Itchy Scalp
You can use an oatmeal mask regularly if you have dry, itchy scalp and hair. The great news is that oatmeal hair mask is quick and easy to make!
- Just take a tablespoon of oats
- Add a tablespoon fresh milk
- Mix in a tablespoon of almond or olive oil.
- Apply to dry hair and leave for about 20-25 minutes before you shampoo.
So, ladies, if you are looking for a budget-friendly and quick way to moisturize and revitalize your hair, these homemade hair masks will definitely help you. Easy on your pocket and easy on your hair, these DIY homemade hair masks guarantee you healthy, hydrated and damage-free hair. So step out in the sun and face the pollution without tensions of hair damage because your hair is now guarded by your fabulous homemade diy hair masks to fight off any sun or pollution damage.
If you have another DIY Hair masks recipes that I haven’t shared here, you can put them in comments.
Happy Hair Days are here!