Table of Contents Hide
- Goat Milk Benefits
- Precautions and Side Effects of Goat Milk
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word goat milk? Certainly, no goat milk to drink please, right? Well, well, well you need to think again. Goat milk benefits are immense and they are richer and nutritious than cow’s milk. It has several health benefits and is excellent for hair and skin.
Goat milk, as the name indicates, is derived from a goat which is very unlikely as the natural source of milk is the cow. Although goat milk is difficult to get and researches show that 98% of the world population is deprived of this milk. Goat produces very less milk as compared to cow and it definitely does not meet the needs of the people. However, it is more effective than cow’s milk and makes the body immune to certain diseases. Goat milk benefits contribute to higher immunity along with growth and development.
Here, we bring to you some of the true yet surprising goat milk benefits for health, skin, and hair which will leave you amazed and you will keep asking for more.
Goat Milk Benefits
1. Health Benefits of Goat Milk
Goat milk benefits include immunity, strong bones, increased metabolic rate, growth, heart health etc. which we will discuss in detail below:
a. Goat Milk is Good for Heart Health
Goats milk is less in cholesterol and has a high content of potassium. Potassium helps to reduce blood pressure and keeps the heart healthy. Low cholesterol means reduced risk of coronary diseases, heart strokes etc.
b. Promotes Growth in Children
Goats milk is rich in protein which is considered to be the building block in the body. Protein is responsible for building muscles, tissues etc. therefore, it promotes growth and development in the body and is considered to be one of the key goat milk benefits for kids. However, do not feed new born babies with this milk as they may develop complications.
c. Increased Immunity
Goat milk contains a rare mineral known as Selenium which promotes immunity in the body. This, in turn, helps to fight against diseases and prevents infection in the body. Your body becomes immune to several diseases by regular consumption of fresh goat milk.
d. Increases Body Metabolism
Goat milk is very thick and rich in nutrients. Therefore, it keeps you full. It is enriched with essential vitamins and minerals. It controls the hunger pangs and increases body metabolism. Although it is highly fatty in nature but it does not increase body weight.
You can drink both raw and boiled goat milk. However, the raw goat milk is very effective and there are several benefits of raw goat milk such as –
- Easily digestible
- Anti-inflammatory in nature
- Ideal for skin and hair
- Healthy bones
- Low cholesterol
- Rich in essential vitamins and minerals.
Goat milk can be used as a beauty product for both hair and skin. Therefore, goat milk soaps are available in the market and there are several benefits of goat milk soap which are enumerated below:
- This soap clears acne effectively. It is a natural way of getting flawless skin without using any harsh cosmetic products.
- it is good for people who suffer from skin diseases like Eczema. It soothes the redness and itching caused by this disease and is very gentle on the skin.
- As the goat milk soap has very high content of fatty acid, it hydrates and moisturizes the skin deeply.
- Other goat milk soap benefits include removing the dead cells of the skin and is excellent for sensitive skin and does not cause any reaction.
Goat milk soap is mild in nature and is made up of only three essential ingredients like goat milk, oils such as palm oil or olive oil or coconut oil and essential oils for fragrance.
2. Goat Milk Benefits for Hair
Goat milk is rich in protein and fatty acids. Therefore, it nourishes the hair deeply and provides a natural shine.
When mixed with other oils, it does wonders for the hair, if you have extremely dry and dull hair, then follow the below process.
- Goat milk
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Take a tablespoon of goat milk, coconut oil, olive oil and honey and mix the ingredients properly.
- Apply the mix on the hair and massage gently for few minutes.
- Leave it for 2 hours for the oil to get soaked in the hair and scalp.
- Rinse with a mild shampoo.
It is better to follow this process 2-3 times in a month for visible results. It will also combat frizzy hair and remove tangles in a natural way. Over a period of time, your hair texture will improve and it even promotes hair growth.
3. Goats Milk Benefits for Skin
Goat milk is very gentle on the skin and retains natural moisture. It can be used as a cleanser, exfoliator, and mask for the skin. As it is enriched with essential vitamins, it keeps the skin soft and supple.
a. Goat Milk as a Cleanser
It serves as an excellent cleanser for all skin types.
- Take a spoonful of raw goat milk and apply it all over face and neck.
- Leave it for few minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Follow the process before you go to bed at night for effectiveness.
It makes the skin smooth and supple and effectively removes dirt, dust, and make-up.
You can also mix few drops of rose water with raw milk. It will brighten the skin and rose water keeps the skin fresh and alive.
b. Goat Milk as an Exfoliator
Raw goat milk is good to remove dead cells from the skin and exfoliates the skin gently.
- Take rice powder and add raw goat milk to it.
- Apply this mix on the face and gently massage in a circular direction for about 10 minutes.
- Wash off with ice cold water.
Be careful while exfoliating, do not rub the face too much. Massage gently for blood circulation which enhances skin tone.
c. Goat Milk as a Face Mask
Goat milk, when mixed with other ingredients, serves as an excellent face mask.
- Mix equal quantities of almond oil and goats milk.
- In a container, take fuller’s earth and turmeric.
- Add the mix to the container and mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the face and neck and allow it to dry.
- Wash off with cold water.
This face pack lightens the skin tone, moisturizes the face and controls excess oil in the skin.
In case, you have a dry skin then add few drops of honey to the mix and apply the same.
Precautions and Side Effects of Goat Milk
Here are few words of caution if you are planning to include Goat’s milk into your diet. You need to pay attention to them before consuming the Goat Milk.
- Studies have shown that the goat milk contains unsaturated fats that may lead to the weight gain.
- Your body may be intolerant to the goat’s milk.
- At times it may cause some allergies in your body.
Goats milk is a whole milk and is essential for health and beauty. Consuming this milk regularly will definitely have health benefits, however, it is rarely available. Alternatives like goat milk soap, packed goat milk are also available in the market and is beneficial. Apart from applying goat milk, it is equally important to drink the same for a healthy life. Stay healthy inside to reflect it outside is the key mantra.
Hope you found this article useful. In the case of any suggestion or feedback, please feel free to share the same in the comments section below.