Natural Winter Beauty Treatment Tips for Hair and Skin!
Winter is all set and the cold air blows into our face daily. It is a pleasant feeling to enjoy the chilling winters but equally important is to take hair and skincare in winters. The reason is obvious: cold and dry weather can make the skin extremely dry and hair becomes dry and frizzy.
Do you want to escape into the chilled winters without damaging your hair and skin? Then the below beauty treatments for hair and skincare in winters are a must to follow.
Hair And Skincare in Winters
Natural Winter Treatments for Hair
Hair becomes extremely dry and rough in the cold air. At times it becomes very difficult to manage the dry and frizzy hair.
1. Frequently, Oil Your Hair in Winter
Oiling retains the essential oils and moisture in the hair.
- Use natural oils like olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil on the hair.
- Just warm the oil slightly and apply it on the hair massaging the roots deeply. This will not only nourish the hair but will prevent it from becoming dry.
- Coconut oil is excellent for the hair and is a must in the winter.
- Massage oil 3-4 times in a week on the scalp and hair.
2. Use a Mild Shampoo and Good Conditioner
- Selecting good products for winter is a must. These days oil based shampoos are also available in the market.
- Always prefer mild shampoos and use them maximum 2 times in winter.
- It is preferable to wash hair with natural ingredients like Amla and fenugreek seed.
- It is always essential to condition the hair in winters. Select good conditioner and follow it up after shampooing.
- Natural conditioners like eggs, tea solution are excellent for the hair. They give the hair a natural shine.
3. Anti-Dandruff Treatment
Winter is a season for dandruff to grow in the hair. Therefore, it is important to follow a strict regime to treat dandruff.
- Any sour substance like lemon, curd and vinegar works wonders on hair and removes dandruff effectively. Therefore, apply these ingredients on hair and see the difference.
- Always try to cover your hair with a scarf or a cap when you are outside. This prevents direct exposure of hair to the chilled weather. It is usually observed that dry scalp helps the growth of dandruff.
4. Less Usage of Warm Water
- Excessive usage of warm water in the winter for hair can damage the hair.
- Washing hair frequently with warm water is not good as it eliminates the natural oil of the hair.
- Wash your hair with cold water and dry it naturally.
- Do not use blowers on the hair.
- Also, prevent towel drying of hair. Just leave your hair open and let it dry naturally.
5. Less Usage of Cosmetic Products
- Regular usage of cosmetic products can damage the hair.
- In winters, refrain from colouring or highlighting the hair.
- The harmful colouring agent can make your hair dry and frizzy.
- In case you want to colour your hair, use henna on the hair. It acts as a natural conditioner and colours the hair naturally.
Natural Winter Treatment for Skin
Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize!!
Yes, you heard it right. Moisturizing the skin is extremely essential during the winter season. The skin becomes very dry and parched in winter and must be taken care of.
1. Moisturizing Care for Skin
- Use a good body lotion to moisturize the skin.
- As a natural remedy, before taking bath apply olive oil or mustard oil on the body and massage for few minutes. Then soak yourself in a tub of warm water. The oil penetrates the skin and keeps your skin soft and supple.
- Also, you can add few drops of olive oil and rose water to your bathtub and soak in it for 15-20 minutes to get a smooth and refreshing skin.
- Get yourself a hot oil massage at least two times in a month for your skin to feel soft and bouncy.
2. Properly Apply and Remove Makeup
- Select oil based products in winter for makeup.
- Usually, cosmetic products make the skin very dry. Hence oil based products must be preferred.
- Similarly, it is extremely essential to remove the makeup. Always use olive oil post make up removal.
- Take little quantity of olive oil and apply it on face and neck to keep it moisturized.
- Leave it overnight to get a smooth and supple skin next morning.
- If you have a very oily skin, clean the skin with astringent or mint water and apply an oil free moisturizer.
3. Take Facial Sauna
- In winters, it is extremely important to keep your skin clean.
- Facial sauna is one of the best ways to keep your face clean and opens the skin pores. This removes the dirt and dust from the skin and keeps it fresh. Also, it reduces the chances of acne formation on the skin.
- Always remember to close the pores by applying an ice pack or wash with cold water. This will close the pores naturally.
Don’t miss to read Amazing Sauna Benefits That You Never Knew Before!
4. Maintain a Good Diet
- It is always important to eat healthy for hair and skincares in winters.
- Include lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet and eat salads regularly.
- Drink juice, coconut water to keep your skin hydrated.
- Try to avoid deeply fried food and junk food items.
- Also, avoid excessive drinking of tea and coffee. Rather prefer drinking 2-3 cups of green tea regularly for a hair and skincare in winters.
Everyone likes to look great in all season. By following the simple tips for Hair and Skincare in Winters, you will get a clean and flawless skin as well as a natural shining hair. Just keep yourself hydrated and look your best.
Hope you found this useful. In case of any feedback or suggestion, please feel free to share the same in the comments section below.