Kids are always fussy about food. But you need to maintain their appetite and health with innovative ideas in your kitchen. These may include interesting and tasty snack ideas for kids. Churn out some healthy snacks for kids and make them a staple for their daily diet. After all, you can’t expect your little one to have a large portion of a meal at one time. Healthy kid’s snacks can cover up this deficiency. Just add a twist to simple recipes and your kid will certainly love it.
For your help, we are presenting some snack recipes for kids that you can try to surprise your toddler. These easy healthy snacks for kids are easy to cook as well.
5 Healthy Snacks for Kids
All these healthy snacks for kids are full of essential nutrients to foster the healthy growth of child’s body and brain.
1. Baked Sweet Potato is Ideal Snack for Breakfast
Sweet potatoes are always the nutritious snacks for kids. This is a simple and instant recipe of sweet potato.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
How to Prepare This Tasty Snacks?
- Cut thin wedges of sweet potatoes and till then, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Take a bowl to mix olive oil, salt and chili powder.
- Brush the potatoes with this mixture and keep them on the baking tray with the flesh side down.
- Cook potatoes till they turn soft and sprinkle with some salt and different herbs, Serve hot.
2. Fruity Nutty Yogurt or Curd is a Very Tasty and Nutritive Snack
Fruits and nuts can be easily mixed to prepare delicious and nutritious snacks for kids like this one.
- Strawberries, blueberries or any other berries of your kid’s choice
- 1 large bowl of chopped nuts or you can also use cornflakes
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 sliced apple
- 1 sliced banana
- 2 tbsp vanilla yogurt
How to Prepare?
Mix fruits and nuts in a large bowl. Top them with fresh yogurt and relish this yummy recipe.
3. Pear and Raspberry Muffins are Tasty Snacks Yet Healthy!
You can use these fruits for tasty and healthy kid’s snacks. Muffins are the best snack ideas for kids as they all love munching muffins.
- 2 cups white flour or take 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup white flour
- ½ cup coconut, shredded
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 grated pear
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder,
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
How to Prepare This Tasty Snack?
- Preheat your oven. In the meanwhile, prepare your muffin tin with paper base.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour with cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add coconut and sugar in this mixture.
- Whip eggs, milk, and oil in a bowl. Add flour mixture to it along with pear and raspberries.
- Pour the prepared mixture into muffin holes of tin. Sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake till golden brown. Your tasty muffins are ready.
4. Tortilla With Hummus or Cheese Wraps
Hummus is used in many easy snacks for kids. You can make simple kids healthy snacks by mixing it with some other ingredients like-
- whole wheat tortilla
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 1 cup crushed feta cheese
How to Prepare?
- Take Tortilla in a plate. Spread hummus on it.
- Put sliced cucumber and season with crumbled cheese.
- Make a wrap and serve your kids.
5. Oatmeal and Cheese Cookies are Great Sources of Energy
Cookies can be the favorite snacks recipes for kids. Just use healthy ingredients for nutrition in them.
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup cheese spread
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
How to Prepare?
- Whisk cheese and butter in a bowl until they get fluffy.
- In this bowl, add wheat flour, oats, and black pepper making a smooth dough.
- Flatten this dough by rolling in a sheet of approx ¼ inches. Cut cookies with cutter.
- Grease baking tray with some oil. Place cookies on this tray.
- Bake in an oven preheated up to 180 degrees till they turn golden brown.
These are 5 easy to make and healthy snacks recipes for kids. You can prepare them easily and delight your kids with nutrition packed into these tasty snacks. For more recipes, stay connected and do share yours in the comments section below.
Liked this post? Please share it on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.