A pleasant evening, the warmth of a family sitting and relaxing over a cup of piping hot masala chai and a plateful of wonderfully easy, crunchy and appetizing tea time snacks! Can life get better? If Americans have their espresso we Indians have our Masala chai and the heavenly feeling of having yummy and delicious accompaniments along with our evening tea adds a totally tasty dimension to the tea experience.
We bring for you 5 easy and tasty and ultra delectable tea time snacks that will make your evening tea experience, even more, delightful.
If you are looking for Yummy healthy snacks, Let’s have a look here…
1. Aloo Chana Chaat are Super Tea Time Snacks!
A treat for your taste buds, it’s all about balancing the sweetness and tangy tastes that you can find in a spicy mix of boiled chickpeas and potatoes to make a lovely savoury snack! “Chaat” means to lick and this dish stands true to its name leaving your finger licking!
Method to Boil Chickpeas-
- Measure one cup of chickpeas and soak them overnight or at least eight hours. the chick peas will become 2 times bigger in size than the original.
- Cook the chickpeas in a pressure cooker on high flame with 2-3 cups of water and without salt.
- After one whistle of the pressure cook for 20 minutes on a low flame.
Ingredients to Make the Chaat for tea time-
- 1 ½ potatoes boiled, peeled and cut into cubes.
- 1 ½ cups of boiled chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely grated
- 1 teaspoon green chilli finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mango powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon black salt
For garnishing this team time snacks-
- I tomato shopped
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 6 mild whole green chillies
- 6 slices of lemon
Procedure for evening snacks-
- Wash and dry the whole green chillies. Take a pan and add oil and let it heat. Add chopped green chillies and once they begin to splatter remove from the heat.
- Now take chickpeas in a bowl and smash it slightly. To the bowl add the boiled and cubed potatoes and other ingredients of salt, pepper, chopped ginger, black salt, black pepper, dry mango powder, roasted cumin powder lemon juice, red chilly, cilantro and mix it well.
- Let the complete mix sit for about 5 minutes so as to combine and allow the potatoes and chickpeas to absorb all the flavours of the spices.
- Mix well and serve the chana chaat with a side of lemon wedges, fried chillies and chopped tomatoes.
Your high on health and low on calories snack for your tea evening is all set!
Let’s see here interesting quick and healthy breakfast ideas to kick start your mornings on a refreshing note.
2. Vegetable Rice Cutlet are delicious Tea Time Snacks !
Got any leftover rice from last night’s meal? Thinking what to do about it? Create a fabulous and quick snack out of it! These vegetable rice cutlets are one of the easiest tea time snacks and make for a great accompaniment with tea!
- cups small rice
- 1 small potato boiled, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 cup of finely chopped mixed vegetables (green beans, bell paper, mushrooms and carrots)
- teaspoon ginger, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chilly to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
If you want to learn how to make pizza at home. Read here for step by step procedure…
Procedure for this yummy tea time snacks –
- Take all the vegetables and all the ingredients. In a mixer jar and give it a quick blitz. We do not want a paste like consistency. The vegetables should be finely chopped. And the rice will gain soft dough like consistency.
- Take the mix out of the blender and give it the shape of a cutlet.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and deep fry the cutlets until golden in color and crispy. Take them out on a paper towel.
- For best taste serve them hot!
Read Continue for Making Nan Khatai and Bread Paneer Rolls…