“The fruit of the angels” that is the term given by Christopher Columbus for papaya fruit. Apart from papayas being loved and available throughout the year, this fruit is a powerhouse for many nutrients which can boost the health of our skin. Why, of all treatments, papaya treatment to enhance the glow of the skin? The best part is that not only the fruit, papaya peel, raw papaya and even the seed can help in achieving beautiful skin and hair. So why opt for expensive creams when the solution is always there in your kitchen. Papaya fruit is affordable and easily accessible. Hence, papaya fruit can be eaten as well as applied topically without causing any adverse side effects.
Why Papaya to Improve the Glow of the Skin?
From childhood, we have put into our minds that have papayas! It is rich in vitamins and minerals. But do these nutrients in papaya add a plus point to improve the health skin? Yes, of course. How do these nutrients in papaya become beneficial for our skin?
- Papayas contain Vitamin A and Vitamin C in a very high range. Hence, it is an advantage to those who have papayas as Vitamin A and C are antioxidants thus reducing the free radicals responsible for dull skin.
- Papayas contain sodium in less quantity, hence there is very less tendency of water retention due to consumption of papaya, thus keeping the skin hydrated.
- The wonder enzyme papain present in papayas in abundance is considered as a natural exfoliant. The enzyme papain breaks down the inactive protein and helps in removing the dead skin cells. The Alpha hydroxyl Acids present in chemical exfoliants that are available in the market can break down the proteins and remove the dead skin cells.
- Considering the similarity in functions, papain is considered as a natural alternative to chemical exfoliants. However papaya is an acidic fruit, hence allowing the pulp to remain on the face for the longer period of time can cause dryness of skin and even lead to irritation. Just massage papaya topically on your face and allow it to remain for 5 minutes. Then rinse the face with lukewarm water and then wash thoroughly with cool water. This enzyme also removes the blemishes and spots that have occurred on the skin due to age and also the black marks that have occurred due to pimples and acne in teenagers and adults.
- The potassium that is present in abundance in papaya is used for hydrating and moisturizing the skin which is an advantage for those having dry skin.
- Green papaya also contains papain that can be used for skin whitening.
- Papayas also have anti-cancerous and anti-inflammatory properties. Raw papayas are helpful in treating ringworms. Just rubbing a few slices of raw papayas on the ringworm patches can help in reducing the inflammation.
Thus, the presence of important nutrients in papaya makes it an essential ingredient for achieving great skin tone. But how do we use papayas so that we can gain maximum advantage from this fruit.
How to Use Papaya for Skin?
Just knowing the health benefits of papaya treatment will not do. We need to know the usage of papayas to gain a supple, soft and glowing skin.
- Using papayas topically or consuming the fruit regularly will improve the shine of the skin and keeps it healthy not only from within but also externally which is effective for longer period of time.
- Peels of papayas are effective in whitening the skin not only of our face but also of our legs. Papaya peels are helpful in reducing the aging signs. The peels that we remove from the fruit can be rubbed on our face. Allow it to remain for 5 minutes and you can see the effect after washing our face.
- Just applying well-mashed papayas on our face and neck and allowing to remain on our face for 15 minutes will help to moisturize the face. To this papaya mash, if we add a teaspoon of honey and mix it and apply for it on our face for 15 minutes will help to hydrate our skin. Honey is a natural moisturizer and will reduce the blemishes on our skin.
Papaya Treatment for All Skin Types
Papaya Treatment benefits for the skin are endless. The best part of papaya is that it is suitable for any skin types. There are a number of papaya face masks with the help of other ingredients that are readily in our kitchen shelves. To name a few:
1. For Exfoliation and a Professional Level Facial for All Skin Types
- Mash one-third cup of ripe papayas in a bowl.
- Transfer the mashed papaya into a quarter cup of honey that is warmed. Mix well.
- Add 3 teaspoon rice flour. Mix well.
- Add 3 teaspoons of plain, preferably organic, yogurt to the pack.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply a thin layer of this pack on the surface of the skin. Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face well with lukewarm water.
This pack is very much well balanced as it is a combination of the exfoliating effect of the papaya enzymes, hydrating properties of honey, oil absorbing ability of the rice flour and the anti-inflammatory and cooling functions of the yogurt. A sure shot promises for great skin for all skin types.
Best Homemade Face Masks for Amazing Glow that you will love to know…
2. Papaya Treatment to Get Rid of Acne Scars and Pimples
The papaya, lemon, and the honey pack is apt as these ingredients contain antibacterial properties that are essential for removing acne causing bacteria from the skin. Gently steaming before application of this pack is preferable as it will open up the pores and allow the pack to penetrate well into the skin.
- Mash about ¼ the size ripe papaya into a puree.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey and ½ teaspoon lemon juice. Mix well.
- Apply it on the face. After about 15 minutes, clean your face with warm water and then finally rinse it with cold water.
- Pat dry your face with clean towel.
3 . Papaya Treatment For Instant Glow and for Sensitive Skin
A fruit treat for your face is the best option.
- Blend papaya slices, slices of apple, banana and yogurt in a blender and make it into a smooth pulp.
- Apply for it on the face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face thoroughly with plain water. Pat dry.
Fruits bring out a glow and make the skin soft and supple. The face masks should be made fresh and not be stored or kept in the refrigerator as it can lose the effect on the skin. In the case of irritation while applying the face masks, wipe the pack off immediately.