The word cancer itself brings a fear in mind and there are several people across the globe fighting with this life-threatening disease every moment. We are stating here the best home remedies for lung cancer.
What is Cancer?
Cancer is a disease which results in an unprecedented growth of cells in the body. This gradually forms into lumps. The cancerous cells look completely different from the normal cells. It is a deadly disease and most of the time turns out to be fatal. Cancer can occur in any part of the body. The different forms of cancer include blood cancer, lymphoma, skin cancer and lungs cancer. Cancer is becoming a common disease these days. Most of the people suffering from cancer undergo chemotherapy to get cured from it.
However chemotherapy has multiple side effects which include weight loss, hair loss, vomiting, nausea and infection. This can take a toll on a person’s health.
Causes of Lung Cancer
Lung cancer is one of the worst forms of cancer and affects the lungs. It is usually caused by the following.
- Air pollution
- Excessive smoking etc.
People suffering from lung cancer can try the following home remedies for lung cancer to get relief.
Home Remedies for Lung Cancer
1. Fruits and Vegetables
Mostly raw food or uncooked food are usually recommended home remedies for lung cancer. Hence fruits and vegetables must be consumed regularly. You can prepare fruit salad by slicing different types of fruits and consume it when hungry. This will keep you full as well as help to prevent the side effects of lung cancer and will heal you slowly. Similarly, vegetable salads and boiled vegetables can be included in the diet regularly.
2. Green Tea
Green tea is known to have medicinal properties and is a proven antioxidant.
- In a container heat water and dip a green tea bag in it.
- Let it steep for 2-3 minutes and then drink it.
- You can also add honey and lemon to it.
- Drink at least 2 cups of green tea in a day for best results.
The antioxidants present in green tea helps to fight free radicals which are considered to be the main reason behind cell multiplication and reduced immunity.
People suffering from lung cancer usually should not consume dairy products such as cheese, butter etc. However cow’s milk is beneficial in lung cancer.
- Drink 1 glass of warm milk everyday as it is helpful in treating lung cancer.
- Milk is a whole food and can be taken regularly.
- Also you add ½ teaspoon of turmeric to warm milk which is effective in lung cancer.
You can also opt for skimmed milk which is easily available in the market and can be digested easily.
Let’s find out some important Health benefits of milk.
4. Tuna fish
Tuna fish is rich in Vitamin D and lung cancer patients should have vitamin D rich food. Steam the tuna fish and try to avoid spices as much as possible. Season the tuna fish with salt and pepper and eat at least 2-3 times in a week for best results. Sunlight is a rich source of Vitamin D. People suffering from lung cancer must be exposed to early morning sunlight which helps to fight against the cancerous cells.
Turmeric is known for its cancer curing properties. It is beneficial to consume turmeric early morning in empty stomach.
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric and add few drops of water to it.
- Make small turmeric balls out of it.
- Consume it directly in an empty stomach followed by a glass of water.
- Also you can mix turmeric with milk and drink regularly which effectively cures lung cancer.
Turmeric benefits increases immunity and also prevents cancer from occurring.
6. Ginger Tea
Ginger alone cannot treat lung cancer but when mixed with turmeric and thyme it is very effective for people suffering from lung cancer.
- Take water in a container and heat it.
- When water comes to boil add crushed ginger to it.
- Allow it to boil for 2 minutes and then add thyme to it.
- Strain the liquid and add a pinch of turmeric to it.
- Drink this liquid at least 2 times in a day.
This is a wonder liquid and is very helpful in cancer.
7. Cardamom, Turmeric and Lemon
This is an unusual mixture but is effective in treating lung cancer.
- Soak cardamom in water for 1 hour and then make a fine paste of it.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Mix well and consume it followed by a glass of normal water.
- You can also add few drops of honey to it. This mix should be taken at least 3-4 times in a week to treat lung cancer naturally.
Essential tips for how treat Asthma at home with very simple home remedies…
8. Flax Oil
People suffering from lung cancer are advised not have any form of oil or as little as possible. However flax oil is an antioxidant and its consumption should not be stopped in lung cancer. Use this oil on the salads as seasoning and regularly include it in your diet. It helps in fighting against lung cancer.
9. Black Pepper
Black pepper also has cancer curing properties. You can use black pepper to season the salads or crush some black pepper to form powder and have it followed by a glass of warm water. Repeat this process regularly for best results and to effectively cure lung cancer. It naturally cures lung cancer.
Meanwhile you may want to also learn about Breast Cancer prevention and treatment in detail.
10. Avoid Sugar and Beef
Patients suffering from lung cancer should avoid sugar up to the maximum extent as sugar is known to enhance the growth of cancerous cells in the patient. Therefore any food which needs sugar to be added to it needs to be avoided. Honey can be used as a replacement for sugar but only up to a certain extent. Same is the case with beef and these foods should not be consumed during lung cancer.
Useful Tips For Lung Cancer
- The patient suffering from lung cancer should be kept isolated and should not be exposed to dust, dirt and pollution.
- It is important to maintain good hygiene as patients are prone to infection very easily.
- Eat less food but several times in a day.
- It is important to take adequate rest in lung cancer.
- Do not smoke as it may aggravate the lung cancer further.
- In case of nausea, it is better not to eat or drink anything for some time.
- Rush to the hospital immediately, if the patient catches any form of infection as it may prove to be fatal.
Cooking methods for cancer prevention that everyone should be aware of!
It is undoubtedly true that cancer is a life threatening disease and survival chances are very less unless proper care and medical treatment is given. However, the process of chemotherapy is a 6 month cycle and by following the above mentioned home remedies for lung cancer, the person can stay healthy and increase immunity to fight against cancer.
Apart from medicines and home remedies for lung cancer, it is the mental strength and the willingness to live which helps cancer patient to survive.
Hope you have found this article useful. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.