Table of Contents Hide
Cancer is a life-threatening disease and needs immediate medical attention. There is a saying that prevention is better than cure. Therefore, it is always essential to eat healthy and stay fit. Cooking methods for cancer prevention can reduce the risk of getting cancer. Researches show that our health is inclined to the food intake. Nutrition plays a significant role not only in our build up but also in fighting against serious diseases like cancer. The overall diet makes a difference how you prepare it and consume it.
Below are the cooking methods for cancer prevention.
Cooking Methods for Cancer Prevention
1. The Red Element
- All types of red fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, grapefruit are rich in cancer-fighting antioxidant lycopene.
- Cooking vegetables for few minutes releases the lycopene which is easily absorbed by the body cells.
- Cook tomatoes for few minutes and eat it as chutney or consume tomato soup regularly to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Cooking food with olive oil is an added advantage.
The red fruits like plums, grapes, apples extra also have a high content of lycopene. You can eat the fruits directly or prepare pudding out of it.
- Cut these fruits into small slices.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to it and warm it slightly in a microwave.
- The fruits become soft and the red element is released from it.
- Consume it once or twice in a day to prevent cancer.
Fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals and have the entire essential element required to prevent cancer. Regular consumption of fruits and vegetables will keep you healthy and aloof from life-threatening diseases.
2. Chopping Garlic
- Garlic contains a chemical substance known as Allicin which is a cancer-fighting agent.
- Consuming crushed garlic is better than consuming whole garlic.
- Take few garlic cloves and soak it in water for 15 minutes.
- Remove the outer skin and crush it properly.
- Eat a teaspoon of crushed garlic directly followed by water or mix it with hot steamed rice and consume it.
Garlic is an essential ingredient in the regular curries. Hence crushing garlic and letting it stand for few minutes before cooking helps. Allicin is released more in crushed garlic than whole garlic.
3. Steaming Broccoli
- The enzyme myrosinase is abundantly present in broccoli which is essential to form sulforaphane which has strong cancer-fighting capabilities.
- Take a broccoli and cut it into small pieces.
- Steam the broccoli for few minutes.
- Add lime juice to it along with salt and pepper.
- Eat this as the first thing before meals for effectiveness.
Steaming the broccoli for few minutes preserves the enzyme myrosinase. Include broccoli daily in your diet not only to prevent cancer but also increase the cells capacity to fight against cancer.
4. Low Flames for Meat
- Cooking meat at higher temperature produces carcinogenic compounds which can damage DNA in the body.
- To prevent cancer, the best way to cook meat is at lower temperature.
- Cooking meat in oven or preparing meat stew is the best way to consume meat and is a delight for non-vegetarians.
Undoubtedly, meat takes a lot of time for cooking. There are two things which are very important while cooking meat:
- First, cook meat over low flame for longer hours.
- Second, it is always essential to cook meat properly. Raw meat is very harmful for health.
Never cook meat on a very high flame as it leads to generation of cancer causing agents which are very harmful for health.
5. Include Iron in Diet
- Green vegetables are a rich source of iron producing substance called non-heme iron.
- Absorbing non-heme iron is difficult; therefore adding vitamin C food to vegetables helps in increasing the absorption of iron easily in the cells and is an essential nutrient to prevent cancer.
- Vegetables like raw banana, spinach have a high content of iron in them.
- Include these vegetables in your diet regularly along with Vitamin C diets like lemon, orange etc.
Ripe banana is also a rich source of iron and eating banana 3-4 times in a week can meet the iron requirement in the body.
Drink a glass of lime juice or eat oranges several times in a week to incorporate the iron contents in the body and stay safe from cancer.
6. Cook Along With The Skin
- This is a big mantra while cooking food.
- The skin of the fruits and vegetables secrete cancer fighting chemical and protective compounds when cooked hence should always be cooked with the skin on.
- Vegetables like potato, onion, bitter gourd etc should be cooked along with their skin to prevent cancer.
- It is therefore essential to include all these vegetables in your diet regularly.
A slight change in cooking habits can make big differences in one’s life and help in fighting against malicious diseases like cancer. Follow the above methods and protect yourself and your family from carcinogenic substances.
It is also a good practice to eat frequently at home and try avoiding outside food. Till date, the reason behind cancer is not yet known however cooking methods for cancer prevention definitely plays an important role.
Hope you have found this article useful. In case of any feedback or suggestion, please share the same in the comments section below.