Sinus is the bacterial infection caused by the hollow cavities of the skull. It may be acute or chronic which results in a severe headache, nasal congestion etc. The par nasal sinus is blocked due to infection and cannot perform the normal activity of clearing congestion. It is very uncomfortable and one experiences severe difficulty in breathing. The main reason for sinus infection is the allergy. There are several medicines and antibiotics available in the market to treat sinus infection, however, there are certain home remedies as well which will be useful for the same. Below are some home remedies for sinus infection.
Home Remedies for Sinus Infection
1. Garlic For Sinus Infection
- Remove the skin of 2-3 cloves of raw garlic.
- Eat these garlic cloves directly followed by a glass of water.
- Repeat this process once a day, mostly in the morning in empty stomach.
- Soak garlic cloves in water for 1 hour.
- Crush garlic to form a smooth paste.
- Take this paste near the nose and try to inhale it, else mix this paste in a tumbler of boiling water and cover your head with a towel. Try to inhale the steam for a couple of minutes.
- Frequently follow this remedy to get rid of sinus problems.
Garlic is good for sinus infection. Inhaling the steam along with garlic is an effective method to cure nasal congestion.
Garlic is a hot spice and usually hot spices are excellent for nasal congestion and severe headache. You can also include garlic in your regular diet.
It is a known fact that garlic has a pungent odour and taste as well. Therefore, in case you cannot eat the raw garlic cloves crush and mix them with hot steam rice and consume the same.
Wondering how to relieve sinus pressure? Let’s see how to achieve quick and long lasting relief from pain with Sinus Pressure Points…
2. How To Get Rid of Sinus Infection Using Ginger?
- Take a piece of ginger and crush it properly.
- Boil water in a container and add crushed ginger to the boiling water.
- Let it steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Now strain the liquid and add few drops of honey to it.
- Drink this liquid twice daily for effectiveness.
- Cut a slice of ginger and crush it properly.
- Add the crushed garlic to the boiling water.
- Soak a towel in this liquid and squeeze the excess liquid from the towel.
- Place this hot steamed towel on your face and try to inhale the vapour from the towel.
- Frequently repeat this process for effectiveness.
Ginger is one of the home remedies for sinus infection that can help you to get relief easily. It is very effective in clearing the nasal congestion. If you are suffering from chronic headache and congestion, the best way is to inhale the ginger vapours. It will provide relief immediately.
Similar to garlic, ginger is considered to be another hot spice. Include ginger in your diet regularly for relief.
3. Effective Home Remedies For Sinus Infection – Mustard Oil
- Mustard oil
- Take a tablespoon of mustard oil and warm it slightly.
- Soak a cotton ball in this oil and pour 2 drops in each of the nostrils.
- Wipe off the excess oil using a cotton ball.
- Repeat this process several times in a day for effectiveness.
- Mustard oil
- Black cumin seed
- Gently warm mustard oil in a vessel.
- Add crushed garlic and a few black cumin seeds to it and again warm it along with all these ingredients.
- Apply the warm mustard oil on your palms and feet.
- Rub oil near the ears and nose and absorb the heat from it.
- Following this method regularly will give you instant relief from congestion and pain.
Mustard oil is very good in sinus infection and provides relief immediately. You can feel the difference immediately and it will clear the congestion and get rid of the pain.
Rub mustard oil to generate heat. This heat is excellent to cure sinus infection. It will provide instant relief from nasal congestion.
Don’t miss to get the Surprising Castor Oil Benefits for Health and Beauty!
4. Cumin Seeds – Home Remedies For Sinus Infection
- Roast some cumin seed in low flame.
- Grind them to get powder.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey to form a paste.
- Consume this paste 2 times in a day followed by a glass of water. This is a simple remedy to get rid of sinus.
- Black cumin seeds
- Take few black cumin seeds and tie in a clean cotton cloth.
- Now try to inhale the fragrance.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times in a week for best results.
This seed has medicinal properties and immediately opens up the blocked nose and provides relief.
It is considered to be one of the easiest methods to provide relief from nasal congestion and chronic headache.
Cumin seeds along with honey are good home remedies for sinus infection. Honey keeps the body hydrated. Cumin seeds are commonly used in almost all the curries, therefore include them regularly in your diet.
5. Cinnamon – Best Home Remedies For Sinus Infection
- Cinnamon powder
- Take cinnamon powder and mix it with equal quantity of water to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the nose and forehead.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- Wipe off the paste with a clean cloth.
- Follow the process several times in a day for best results.
- Cinnamon powder
- Boil water in a container and add cinnamon sticks to it.
- Allow the water to boil till the volume reduces half.
- Strain the liquid and add few drops of honey to it.
- Drink this liquid as tea twice in a day to get relief from pain.
- Also you can mix cinnamon with honey and take it twice in a day to get relief from pain.
Cinnamon is very effective for sinus. This will clear the blockages and simultaneously reduce pain effectively.
It is also advisable to include this spice regularly in your diet regularly.
6. Onion To Get Instant Relief From Sinus
- Chop one onion into small slices.
- Boil water in a container and add the chopped onions to it.
- Let it boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Now try to inhale the steam which will clear the blocked sinus.
- Follow the method once or twice in a day.
- Take an onion and chop it into small pieces.
- Blend it properly.
- In a pan, add a small quantity of butter to it.
- Add the blended onions with sufficient quantity of water to it.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to it and cook it for few minutes.
- Have this hot onion soup regularly twice a day for best results.
Hot onion soup is very effective in clearing the congestion and chronic headache. Onion is a regular food and is used in almost all the curries. Add raw onions to your salads and sandwiches to get instant relief.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar to Reduce Sinus
- Apple cider vinegar
- Mix apple cider vinegar in a jar of water.
- Drink this liquid throughout the day to get relief from sinus.
- Follow this process regularly, till you experience a significant reduction in sinus.
- Boil water in a container and add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Inhale the steam to clear blockages.
- Repeat this process regularly for effectiveness.
Apple Cider Vinegar is acidic in nature. Inhaling the steam is very useful to reduce sinus and prevents nasal congestion.
It is very effective in reducing acute pain and congestion.
8. Fenugreek Seeds- Home Remedies For Sinus Infection
- Fenugreek seeds
- Boil water in a container.
- Take fenugreek seeds and boil in water for about 10 minutes on low flame.
- Strain the liquid and drink it as tea at least 2 times in a day. You will get relief from sinus infection.
This method is effective to cure sinus infection and regular usage will prevent the occurrence of this infection. Such home remedies for sinus infection provide instant relief from nasal congestion and you will feel relaxed.
9. Mustard Seeds For Sinus Infection
- Mustard seeds
- Boil water in a container and add mustard seeds to it.
- Boil for 15-20 minutes till the water content reduces to half.
- Now strain and collect this liquid in a bottle.
- With the help of cotton ball release 2 drops to each nostril to get relief from sinus infection.
- Frequently repeat this process to get instant relief.
This method is very useful for sinus infection and you will get immediate relief. It is very effective for nasal congestion as it clears the blocked nose within few minutes and relaxes you.
In case of severe nasal congestion, follow this method for instant relief.
10. Grape Fruit Seed
- Grapefruit seed
- Extract the grapefruit seeds and dry it in bright sunshine.
- Once dried, grind the same and form grapefruit seed powder.
- Mix this powder in water and form a paste.
- Apply the paste in the forehead and nose and leave it for few minutes.
- Regularly repeat this process for effectiveness.
Sinus infection is a serious problem and must be attended to at the earliest. The above home remedies for sinus infection will undoubtedly provide relief; however it is always advisable to stay safe and try to avoid the infection. If the symptoms still persist, then it is better to take medication as prescribed by the doctor. Hope you have found this article useful. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please feel free to share the same in the comments section below.