Rose oil, as the name clearly suggests, is oil extracted from a rose. Just reading this line is itself fascinating. We have all heard of rose water which is so good for skin and hair. But there is another good use of the rose flower and that comes in the form of rose essential oil. This is just like any other essential oil but it is extracted from the rose flower. The rose flower contains very little oil. So, you cannot expect to extract a lot of oil from one rose. However, making rose water is easy as the rose petals are boiled with the water and flavoured water is separated as rose water. The leftovers of this solution are used to extract the essential oils.
If we look at it this way, to extract a few millilitres of oil, say 5 ml, you will need about 10,000-12,000 roses. This is one of the reasons why rose essential oil is more expensive than all the other kinds of essential oils.
- Rose oil is one of the best ingredients to get the most beautiful skin and hair ever.
- The rose flower is itself comprised of so many vitamins and minerals and hence the rose oil is also rich in many essential nutrients which are good for your hair and skin.
- A tiny rose oil bottle contains so many nutrients that just one small drop of it is strong enough to do the trick.
- You can mix a single small drop of your moisturiser or cleanser and it will do the trick just fine.
- Not only the skin and the hair, but rose oil benefits the complete body and mood of a person.
Let us come to know more about the benefits of using rose essential oil for common health and skin problems and the overall well-being of the body.
Rose Essential Oil Benefits
There are many various benefits of rose essential oil for skin and other parts of the body. These are as follows.
- Rose flower is very good for the skin and hair because of the loaded minerals and vitamins it contains. Which is why rose oil, in turn, is even better if you want your skin tone to be even.
- Rose oil has healing properties and can invariably work as a natural antiseptic for the skin.
- Rose oil is packed with anti-inflammatory substances. Therefore, it can be used to treat skin problems such as breakouts and irritation.
- Rose oil is also beneficial for getting rid of cramps. Massaging lightly with this essential oil relieves the muscles and reduces muscle pain.
- The essential nutrients present in rose oil works wonders on scars by lightening them. This works both for stretch marks and other kinds of injury scars.
- Massaging with rose essential oil is beneficial for calming down tensioned nerves.
- Rose oil is also helpful for regulating the levels of hormones in the blood.
- With the anti-ageing properties of rose oil, it can be coupled with various other face pack ingredients to take care of the skin.
- Rose oil relaxes the mood and has been seen to improve the mood.
- Rose oil has excellent moisturising capabilities and can be best suited for dry skin.
- Rose oil is also known to take care of menopausal symptoms. The nutrients present in it work on delaying or easing down these symptoms.
- The relaxing properties of rose essential oil work towards reducing stress levels and calming down the nerves.
- Rose oil also consists of natural laxative substances.
- The essential nutrients present in the rose oil also work towards making the immune system stronger than before.
- Rose oil is also known to have anti-viral properties. It gives strength to the immune system to fight the harmful viruses.
- Because the rose oil has anti-inflammatory properties, it is helpful in getting rid of acne and scars over the skin. Regular use of essential oil also helps in preventing the occurrence of acne on the face.
- Rose oil also helps in solving the problem of an irregular menstrual cycle.
- It also has essential minerals that help in improving digestion and the digestive system.
- Rose oil is beneficial for high blood pressure patients as it helps in reducing the rise in blood pressure.
- It is also helpful in treating headaches.
- Rose oil also works well for reducing bloating and improving blood circulation around the body.
- Rose oil, when couples with other normal cosmetic products, improves the function of them in a significant way.
These were some of the benefits of using the rose essential oil. But how to use it? Find out below.
Rose Essential Oil Uses
There are many simple ways in which you can put the rose oil to work wonders for your body. Here are some of the common ways that you can adopt.
- A single drop of rose oil can be mixed into the normal amount of moisturiser that you use daily after washing your face. This will improve the efficiency of the moisturiser on the skin by adding extra nutrients to it.
- Some rose oil droplets can also be mixed with body lotion and applied after taking a shower all over the body.
- Adding a single drop into the simple moisturiser will also help in reducing the acne and will keep ageing signs at bay.
- When rose oil is added to the everyday body lotion, the various scars and stretch marks present on the body are also treated. The overall blood circulation of the body is also improved after continuous use.
- When facing menstrual cramps, a single drop of rose essential oil can be coupled with one tsp of coconut oil. This mixture can then be massaged gently over the abdomen area to get rid of period cramps. Massaging this solution will also take care of bloating problems and will improve the whole process of menstruation.
- By smelling the rose oil from the bottle, the overall mood of a person can be improved. The soothing scent will help in reducing the stress levels and relax the nerves in the head. However, make sure that you don’t smell the oil for too long as prolonged smelling can induce headaches because of the strong smell it contains.
- Rose oil works as an effective antiseptic. In case you have a minor cut, which is irritating, you can mix a single drop of rose oil with coconut oil and apply this mixture over the cut. This will prevent the bacteria from reacting with the cut and cause further infections. You can even put this mixture over some plaster and have it kept over the wound to kill any bacteria present there.
- Rose oil can also be used as a natural laxative. This can be done when a single drop of essential rose oil is diluted with some water or even any other kind of drink such as a simple juice or food item. Consuming this food or drink will benefit your body in a number of ways.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can rose oil be used for skin?
Rose essential oil for skin can be used by making a facial oil for a DIY facial at home. For this, you will require the following ingredients:
- Rose essential oil- pure 4 drops
- Lavender essential oil-2 drops
- Peppermint essential oil- 1 drop
- Rosehip oil
- Some coconut oil
All of these ingredients must be mixed in a bottle and shaken nicely. Now while you use any of your trivial body lotions and moisturizers, pour 1-2 drops of this facial oil into that and use it almost daily. This will benefit your facial skin in the most effective manner.
2. How does rose essential oil works for acne prone skin?
If you have acne on your face, the anti-inflammatory properties of this rose essential oil will help in successfully fighting the acne. All you need to do is get 1 tsp of Aloe Vera gel in a bowl. Add 1 tsp of witch hazel and 1 tsp of bentonite clay into the gel. Finally, add 2 drops of rose essential oil and mix all the ingredients nicely. Use your hands to gently apply this paste over the acne prone skin and leave it on for about 15 minutes. You can then wash it off with lukewarm water. You will see a sudden effect on the acne.
3. Can rose oil help in getting a radiant skin?
Absolutely. This also follows a simple DIY trick using the rose oil. You will need about 2 tsp of Aloe Vera gel in a bowl. To this, add 1 tsp of turmeric powder and just 1 drop of rose essential oil. Mix the whole thing up and apply this to your complete face for about 15 minutes. Wash the mixture off with warm water and you will instantly notice lightened skin.
So, these were some of the amazing and fascinating benefits that we can get from rose essential oils. Use them with your daily cosmetic products to get a healthier and more nourished skin.