However bizarre it might sound but as the matter of the fact one can use toothpaste on pimples to get rid of them. Toothpaste is known to have positive effects on reducing pimples, spots, and zits. Toothpaste for pimples acts fast and dries out the pimples quick.
I know, this still sounds a little weird and difficult to sink in. Below mentioned are few reasons that will tell how does toothpaste help pimples reduction?
- Triclosan one such content of the toothpaste that helps in drying out of the pimples fast.
- Triclosan is also antibacterial in nature and kills a pimple and acne-producing bacteria.
- Toothpaste reduces the redness and swelling caused due to the acne or a pimple.
- The main cause of acne breakout and pimples is oily skin. But, toothpaste contains calcium carbonate that is known to remove excess oils from the skin and prevent pimples.
- Toothpaste is less expensive and one best reason why it may opt for this option.
To use toothpaste on pimples it can be combined with many other ingredients available at home for even better results. Do follow any of the different methods listed below to know how to apply toothpaste on pimples.
How To Use Toothpaste On Pimples?
1. How Does Toothpaste Get Rid Of Pimples With Baking?
Toothpaste, as mentioned above, contains Triclosan that works to fight against pimples. Baking soda, on the other hand, reduces swelling and inflammation. Hence these ingredients when mixed together have a cumulative benefitting effect.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with the toothpaste of personal choice (white basic toothpaste) is preferable.
- Thoroughly clean your face and then apply this mixture on the affected area. It is advisable to use hand gloves while the application or use a sponge.
- Let it set in for 30 minutes and then wash face with cold water.
- Apply a moisturizer to calm down your skin.
- If you desire you can keep this mixture applied to your face overnight.
- Repeat twice or thrice a week.
2. How Does Toothpaste Help Pimples Along With Salt?
Salt due to its texture acts as an exfoliator here and maintain pH of the skin. It is also antibacterial in the action. Because of this ability of the salt, it combined with toothpaste acts on the pimples in no time and give quick results.
- Mix a pinch full of salt with some toothpaste that you prefer to use.
- Use this as a scrub and apply to the affected area. Continue to do this for few minutes and then wash off with cold water.
- You can follow this routine every day.
3. Toothpaste On Pimples With Lemon
This is one of the toothpaste on pimples overnight remedies. Lemon and its various health benefits are already known to us. As it helps to cure many other ailments it is also a sure shot cure to pimples and dark spots. Combined with toothpaste it provides faster results and is a best to opt for a method on toothpaste for pimples.
- Clean your face before application.
- Dip a small ball of cotton in Lemon juice and then put toothpaste on it and apply tot eh affected area.
- As an alternative easy method to slice a lemon into small pieces and put toothpaste on it and apply to the affected area.
- Leave it for 30 minutes if you are in a hurry. Leaving it on the face overnight is effective and recommended.
- Wash the face in the morning with cold water followed by the application of moisturizer.
- Use it consecutively for 2-3 days for skin with breakouts and pimples.
4. How Does Toothpaste Get Rid Of Pimples With Ice?
Ice helps to cool down your acne and pimple irritated skin. It helps soothe sunburn and reduces swelling and inflammation. Toothpaste, when combined with the ice cubes, produces a cooling as well as drying effect on the pimples.
- Put few ice cubes in a clean towel or cloth and tie it up together.
- Apply toothpaste to the affected area and now dab it with ice packed in the cloth or towel.
- Hold on for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Wash the face with cold water followed by moisturizing the skin well to keep it soft and smooth.
- You can follow this method as per need and significantly when you see a pimple popping up.
5. Does Toothpaste Help Pimples Reduction With Cinnamon?
Cinnamon is an antibacterial agent. It helps to kill off the acne and pimple-causing bacteria. It clears the pores. Toothpaste and cinnamon together have a double and faster-drying effect on pimples. Follow the steps below to use this hack.
- Mix two tablespoons of toothpaste with one teaspoon of cinnamon and blend them together well.
- Apply to the affected area with the care that you don’t pop any of the pimples.
- Leave this on the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes and then wash off the face with cold water.
- You can repeat the process daily if your skin is highly prone to breakouts.
- This mixture might sting a little on the face. If it is unbearable the then immediately wash it off with cold water.
- Without fail remember to moisturize your skin.
6. How Does Toothpaste Get Rid Of Pimples With The Use Of Garlic?
Garlic reduces the acne-causing bacteria by killing it. It is also known to have an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin and thus along with toothpaste on pimples causing reduction of swelling and redness.
- To a very small amount to toothpaste add one well-crushed garlic clove.
- As mentioned earlier in this article, apply this paste on the pimple affected area only.
- Let it sink in for 5 -10 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water and then apply a good quality moisturizer.
- You can repeat this method until you observe the desirable results.
7. Is Honey With Toothpaste On Pimples A Good Option?
Honey is extremely famous for its healing and antibacterial properties. Like all the other methods of toothpaste, for pimples, even this method works on reducing the inflammation caused due to the acne and pimple. Toothpaste dries out popping a zit.
- To ½ tablespoon of honey add 1 tablespoon of toothpaste and mix well to form a uniform textured mixture.
- Apply a thin layer of the prepared mixture on each and every a pimple.
- Let this settle and sink in the skin for 20 minutes.
- Now wash the face with cold water and pat the face dry.
- Apply a quality moisturizer.
- Follow this method once a day until you achieve the desired results.
The effect of toothpaste on everyone’s skin is not always the same. Toothpaste for pimples is not a dermatologically tested solution. There are many controversies yet on the use of toothpaste on pimples. Every story has two sides likewise use of toothpaste for pimples its own pros and cons. But there is good news to this. If used in a limit and proper way it is a solution to get away those unwanted guests on your face with toothpaste on pimples overnight. Do remember to follow the following tips to avoid any more problems with your skin.
Tips To Remember
- Toothpaste is not an always go to solution. It is an emergency hack.
- It is not a full-time solution because it treats the symptom. It does not work on the cause of the problem.
- It is advisable to opt for non-fancy, basic toothpaste that contain Triclosan. Other kinds of toothpaste might contain some ingredients that may be harmful to your skin.
- It’s good to follow your daily routine of skin care to keep away from any outbreaks of acne.
- Overuse can result in dry patches on your skin.
- Never use toothpaste on your entire face. Use it only on the affected area.
- Compulsorily do a patch test.
Rest assured, the methods mentioned here are safe to use and follow as a regime when necessary. If you happen to see any severe side effects discontinue the use and see your dermatologist to avoid any further problems with your skin.
Au revoir, take care and stay beautiful!
Read more – How To Get Rid of Pimples With Home Remedies?
Originally posted 2018-06-17 09:22:00. Republished by Blog Post Promoter