Table of Contents Hide
- Simple Home Remedies For Asthma
- Useful Tips While Treating Asthma
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Asthma is a severe lung disease and can attack people of any age group. One of the main reasons for asthma is ‘pollution’. Well yes, pollution is considered to be the biggest factor behind asthma. Asthma is a respiratory problem and causes severe difficulty in breathing. It blocks the air passage in the lungs and can be very chronic in some cases. The other reasons which promote Asthma are allergies, infection of lungs, weather, food habitats, pollen, intake of tobacco etc. Let’s see some effective home remedies for asthma!
The most common symptoms are wheezing, coughing, difficulty in breathing, missing breaths etc. Mostly the person feels suffocated and there is chest congestion in many cases. The person finds it very difficult to sleep and resorts to inhalers.
Very few people know that Asthma is curable at home itself. Yes that’s right, it is possible to treat Asthma at home with very simple home remedies for asthma which not only provide relief but in the long run cures Asthma completely.
Simple Home Remedies For Asthma
1. Mustard Oil
Warm mustard oil has been found to be very useful for Asthma.
- Take a large tablespoon of mustard oil and warm it slightly.
- Add a pinch of camphor to it.
- Massage this mix on the chest and relax.
This is a great combination to provide relief from the Asthma. You can follow this method whenever you feel a difficulty in breathing.
The mustard oil provides warmth to the chest and relaxes you. On the other hand, camphor aids in breathing process and you start breathing normally.
It is considered to be one of the best drinks to prevent asthma and allow normal breathing. Prepare coffee and drink 2 cups daily for relief. In case you do not like coffee, it is advisable to drink black tea. You can easily prepare black tea at home.
How To Prepare Black Tea?
- Tea leaves
- Take a container of water and heat it.
- When the water comes to boil, add 2 teaspoon of tea leaves.
- Allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add 2 drops of honey for taste.
- Drink this liquid 2 times in a day.
- Soak black tea bags in a cup of hot water.
- Allow it to steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Drink the tea 2-3 times in a day for effectiveness.
Caffeine present in coffee and black tea helps to clear the blocked air passage and helps in normal breathing.
Black tea prepared in this method will not have a great taste and it may not satisfy your taste buds but it will definitely improve the asthmatic condition.
Caution: It is advisable to limit yourself to maximum 3 cups of coffee or tea daily. Too many cups of tea/coffee can result in serious health hazards in the long run.
3. Bitter Gourd
Bitter gourd is equally useful for Asthma. Drink a glass of fresh bitter gourd juice daily to get relief from Asthma.
Amazing benefits of bitter gourd for overall health that you didn’t know…
Gooseberries are excellent to get rid of Asthma. Gooseberries popularly known as Amla is rich are Vitamin C and can fight against any respiratory related infection.
- Take fresh gooseberries and remove the seed from it.
- Blend the gooseberries in a mixer by adding little water to form a fine paste.
- Add few drops of honey to it.
- Eat a spoonful of this mix 2-3 times daily followed by a glass of warm water.
This is known to be one of the best home remedies for Asthma. It clears the air passage and helps you to breathe.
It also helps to prevent wheezing and you lead a normal life.
Fruits rich in Vitamin C are excellent in Asthma. Eat fruits like papaya, strawberries, oranges and blueberries to prevent asthma. Drink lemon water several times in a day to experience its benefits. However, avoid eating bananas during this time as it may increase the condition severely.
Low fat milk or skimmed milk is excellent for Asthma patients.
- Add few drops of honey and olive oil to a cup of warm milk.
- Drink this milk 2 times in a day once during the morning time and before going to bed for increased effectiveness.
7. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are an easy method to cure Asthma. Not that, it will completely cure Asthma but it will definitely help to reduce the effect of Asthma and provide immediate relief.
Chew a teaspoon of fennel seeds nicely and try to extract the juice from it slowly. The juice of fennel seed is very good for the lungs and prevents any form of infection from occurring.
Ginger has natural anti-inflammatory and anti-clogging properties which is very useful to cure Asthma.
- Crush ginger and add it to boiling water.
- Inhale the steam to immediately get relief from Asthma and clogged air passage.
Ginger benefits helps to clear the respiratory passage instantly and also reduces any form of inflammation. In case of severe Asthma or acute breathing problem, try this method immediately.
Onions are good to reduce inflammation and helps in Asthma. Include onions in your diet regularly, both cooked and raw onions are equally beneficial for health. Add onions to your salads and meals daily to prevent asthma from occurring.
Honey is one of the best home remedies for Asthma. Honey can be consumed in different forms to get rid of Asthma.
- Add one teaspoon of honey to a glass of hot water,
- Drink 2 glasses of this liquid 2 times in a day for relief.
- Take a pinch of cinnamon powder and add it to a teaspoon of honey.
- Consume this mix slowly 2-3 times in a day followed by a glass of lukewarm water.
This method helps to clear the air passage and provides comfort in asthma.
You will love to read amazing health benefits of honey…
Useful Tips While Treating Asthma
- In case of Asthma, refrain yourselves from exposing to dust.
- Do not loiter outside in pollution as it may aggravate the situation.
- Do not consume alcohol or tobacco. Avoid smoking during this time as it may make the condition even worse.
- Go for regular checkups and get immunized against respiratory diseases.
- Refrain eating deeply fried food as it makes it even more difficult to breathe.
The above home remedies for Asthma are definitely useful. Moreover you need to follow them and lead a disciplined life. Asthma is undoubtedly a severe condition and if not paid immediate attention can lead to sever asthmatic attack. Hence do not ignore the symptoms of asthma and take the required action before it is too late. Do consult your doctor immediately if you do not get relief from the home remedies.
Hope you have found this article useful. In case of any feedback or suggestion, please share the same in the comments section below.