Love that strong smell from the Mehendi when applied to the hands! Well, that is nothing but the eucalyptus oil, also known as Nilgiri oil, added to it for making the color shade darker. Obtained from the dry leaves of the eucalyptus tree, the oil gives a sweet-scented smell, similar to the strong woody scent. The oil is extracted with the help of the distillation process, and doesn’t carry any kind of color. The oil is derived from two different places, Australia and China, among which, 95% is received from China. In this article, we will discuss how to reap benefits of eucalyptus oil.
The oil is used for various purposes, as it comes with several health, skin and hair benefits. It works as an antibacterial, analgesic, anticatarrhal, anti-inflammatory, anti-infectious, antiviral agent, expectorant and insecticidal for various problems, and hence, is the best for healing or curing many kinds of skin, hair or health problems. It is also used for various naturopathy treatments, giving wondrous results.
How Is The Eucalyptus Oil Used? Benefits of Eucalyptus oil.
Nilgiri oil is nothing but the diluted form of the eucalyptus leaves, in the form of oil. It can be taken in various ways, according to the problem you are having. Here are some of the different ways eucalyptus oil is used.
- The oil can be taken orally for inflammation caused in the respiratory tract mucous membranes, asthmas, coughs, sinus pain, bronchitis, and other respiratory infections.
- It is used as an antiseptic for wounds, insect repellent, or for treating burns and ulcers.
- For problems like allergies of the respiratory systems or asthma, you can add drops of Nilgiri oil to a cotton ball, and keep on snuffling the cotton ball many times in a day.
- It can also be added to the hot water or can be used as an atomizer for steam therapy.
- Eucalyptus oil is also a prime ingredient in products like perfumes and cosmetics to increase its fragrance. Other products in the list are mouthwashes, ointments, liniments, toothpastes, lozenges and cough drops.
- It is also used as a natural sunscreen ingredient as it when mixed with other essential oils, it gets absorbed by the skin fast, also known as moisturizing.
Hence, the eucalyptus oil can be used for aromatherapy, topically and internally for various benefits.
Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil
There are several Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil related to the health, hair and skin. The properties it carries are healthy enough to reduce the bacterial and other infections. Here are some popular benefits of including Nilgiri oil in your life.
A. Health Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil
The health benefits of eucalyptus oil come in several numbers. It is useful not only for the health, but for some of the dental problems too. Here are few healthy uses of eucalyptus oil to maintain your health.
1. Benefits of Eucalyptus oil For Dental Problems
Having problems like dental plaque, cavities, or gingivitis etc.! All these problems give rise to dental infections, which can prove to be harmful to your teeth. Eucalyptus oil serves as a natural mint with a camphorous taste. It is used in several dental products, to limit the infections, and give out a mint odor. The germicidal properties it comes to help you in fighting against the dental disorders, giving you a naturally sweet smell.
2. For Prevention Against Asthma Attacks-Benefits of Eucalyptus oil.
Asthma has become a common symptom for many people, including the children too. Among the various treatments for curing asthma, eucalyptus oil is counted as the best. A simple massage of the essential oil on the chest and around the neck would leave a relaxing effect with the aroma. The oil would get absorbed by the skin and the miasma would give a relief to your throat and blood vessels. This would allow the flow of sufficient oxygen to the lungs, and allow you to breathe normally.
3. Respiratory Disorders-Benefits of Eucalyptus oil.
Eucalyptus oil is a strong antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and decongestant ingredient, which makes it a natural ingredient in the solution of various respiratory problems. It is a decent ingredient in making various medicines that help in reducing the respiratory problems like nasal congestion, running nose, cough, cold, sore throat, sinusitis, and bronchitis. It can be used by rubbing the oil on the chest, gargling by mixing with warm water, etc.
Please click here to know more eucalyptus oil benefits for health…
4. Reducing Mental Collapse-Benefits of Eucalyptus oil.
This is the prime reason why eucalyptus oil is used by various people. It leaves a refreshing effect for the people suffering from mental disorders that are lethargic. The use of eucalyptus oil helps you in getting rid of mental exhaustion or mental stress. It is also used to increase the mental motion and allows free flow of blood to the brain. It relaxes the blood vessels, which circulates more blood, increasing the brain power. It is, hence, used for the children to increase their performance in schools.
5. Reducing Muscle Pain-Benefits of Eucalyptus oil.
Having frequent joint pain or muscle pain! Eucalyptus oil can be helpful in reducing your joint pain to nil. Having a light massage of the oil in the area of pain would surely give you a relief from the pain and stress you are suffering from. The oil has properties like numbing and anti-inflammatory, and hence it is useful for the patients suffering from lumbago, rheumatism, tendons, sprained ligaments, aches, stiff muscles, fibrosis, nerve pain, etc. Just massage in a circular motion and feel the pain vanishing.
6. Removing Germs From The Intestine-Benefits of Eucalyptus oil.
Eucalyptus oil helps in the removal of germs from the intestine. It acts as a vermifuge and flushes all the germs from the intestine. A few drops of oil when gets into the intestine, amputates all the microbial, parasitic and bacterial infections and germs from the body. It helps in the treatment of colons and intestines.
7. Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil For The Treatment Of Diabetes
Eucalyptus oil works as a vasodilator for controlling the blood sugar. It also increases the circulation of blood in the body. The patients having diabetes lack the circulation of blood, which can be dangerous, leading to confiscation or death. Having a massage of the eucalyptus oil on the skin would make the compression of the blood vessels simple and easy. This would be relaxing for the patients having diabetes.
8. For The Treatment Of Fever-Benefits of Eucalyptus oil.
This might shock you, but eucalyptus oil is also beneficial for the treatment of fever, as well as, reducing the temperature of the body. Due to this reason, it is also known as fever oil. For reducing the body temperature, all you need to do is just mix the oil with peppermint oil and use the mixture in the form of a deodorant.
9. Treatment Of Pneumonia And Tuberculosis-Benefits of Eucalyptus oil.
Features like antibacterial and antiseptic are found in bulk in eucalyptus oil. When gently massaged the oil on the chest, or inhaled in the form of vapor, it can give release from harmful diseases like tuberculosis and pneumonia, as it clears the lungs and reduces the inflammation.
B. Skin Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil- Many.
The eucalyptus oil has several skin benefits also. It carries properties which help in regaining the lost charm or beauty of the skin with complete radiance. Here are some skin benefits of eucalyptus oil.
1. Works As An Antiseptic
Very few know the fact that eucalyptus oil is also used as a first-aid product. It works as a remedial agent for treating problems like minor wounds, cuts, bruises and blisters. It also acts positively for insect bites or skin irritations, herpes, chicken pox and acne. The antiseptic properties it carries are helpful in dealing with the open wounds to protect it from the development of microbial infections.
Eucalyptus oil is widely used in the aromatherapy, which helps you in relaxation. Inhaling the honeyed odorous smell of the oil helps the body to relax. All you need to do is just add a few drops of the oil in the hot bath tub. The steam and the fragrance will tranquil you, and relax your mind and body.
3. Vanishing Skin Rashes
Eucalyptus oil works as an antiviral and anti-inflammatory ingredient, which helps in reducing the skin rashes, boils, acne, shingles, etc. from the roots. It also works on the rashes caused due to strong analgesic chattels. Having a hot bath with the essential oil would be beneficial to get rid of the rashes.
Please click here to know more eucalyptus oil benefits for hair…
C. Hair Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is also used in the treatment of various hair problems. It helps in reducing the infections to the skull and the hair opening up the pores increasing the health of the hair.
1. Stimulus of Follicle
Follicles are the tiny openings on the scalp, from where the hair peeps out. The eucalyptus oil is formed with various chemical properties, which open up the pores, increase the blood vessel compression and cleansing. As a result, the follicles are stimulated leading to the development of the hair. Thus, eucalyptus oil helps in the healthy growth of the hair.
2. Removing Lice
Eucalyptus oil is a natural pesticide and bug repellent too. Lice is a kind of bug, which damages not only the hair but the scalp also. It helps in the treatment of lice in a natural manner, without the use of harmful chemicals. Mixing the oil with other oil while applying oil on the head would help in getting rid of lice in a healthy way.
3. Improves The Health Of The Hair
Eucalyptus oil over all helps in improving the health, shine, thickness, etc. of the hair. It increases the blood circulation in the head, which results in shiny and thick hair, especially, for the greasy or oily scalp. Applying the oil to the hair for nearly an hour before having the bath, would surely give you better results, working as a conditioner, for flawless and bouncy hair.
Hence, using the eucalyptus oil for multiple purposes would surely give you phenomenal results you can rely on.
Precautions While Using The Eucalyptus Oil
Just as the excess use of any ingredient can cause some side-effects, similarly, when eucalyptus oil over used, or used under some crucial circumstances, would be slightly harmful for the user. Here are some side-effects of using eucalyptus oil.
- Eucalyptus oil is a concentrated liquid; hence, it should be diluted before using it to avoid any side-effects.
- The over use of the oil can lead to problems like nausea, diarrhea, stomach troubles, vomiting, dermatitis, etc.
- If any person has some poisoning effect after using the oil, he may suffer from problems like suffocation, breathing problems, dizziness, small pupils, etc.
- The use of eucalyptus oil along with other homeopathic treatments can prove to be harmful, as the excess use of the oil turns out to be toxic for the body.
- People having allergies due to sensitivity may suffer from dermatitis, which can be dangerous.
It is hence necessary to consult a doctor before you begin the use of eucalyptus oil.
Interesting Facts Related To Eucalyptus Oil
- Eucalyptus oil is obtained from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree, which can height up to 33 to 200 feet.
- The leaves of the eucalyptus tree are sited downwards, which help in the protection from the direct sun rays.
- The leaves of eucalyptus are the basic ingredient while people work on the Koala’s diet for reducing weight.
- The eucalyptus tree is also known as the gum tree as it produces some sticky and rubbery substance from the bark.
- The life span of the eucalyptus tree is nearly about 250 years.
Eucalyptus oil is, henceforth, the curative oil with several curing and healing properties. Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil also carries the properties to fight or protect against malaria and draining of marshes. It carries medicinal characteristics as well as it is also used in cosmetics to give your skin and hair a new and healthy glow and shine without the use of chemicals. It is also widely used in making facial packs, organic perfumes, etc. which gives you desired benefits without any harmful side-effects.
So, gift yourself a healthy ingredient for overall health protection, leading to fit and shimmering future.