Magical Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil (Nilgiri) : It Serves You With A Variety Of Uses!
Love that strong smell from the Mehendi when applied to the hands! Well, that is nothing but the eucalyptus oil, also known as Nilgiri oil, added to it for making the color shade darker. Obtained from the dry leaves of the eucalyptus tree, the oil gives a sweet-scented smell, similar to the strong woody scent. The oil is extracted with the help of the distillation process, and doesn’t carry any kind of color. The oil is derived from two different places, Australia and China, among which, 95% is received from China. In this article, we will discuss various benefits of eucalyptus oil.
The oil is used for various purposes, as it comes with several health, skin and hair benefits. It works as an antibacterial, analgesic, anticatarrhal, anti-inflammatory, anti-infectious, antiviral agent, expectorant and insecticidal for various problems, and hence, is the best for healing or curing many kinds of skin, hair or health problems. It is also used for various naturopathy treatments, giving wondrous results.
How Is The Eucalyptus Oil Used?
Nilgiri oil is nothing but the diluted form of the eucalyptus leaves, in the form of oil. It can be taken in various ways, according to the problem you are having. Here are some of the different ways eucalyptus oil is used.
- The oil can be taken orally for inflammation caused in the respiratory tract mucous membranes, asthmas, coughs, sinus pain, bronchitis, and other respiratory infections.
- It is used as an antiseptic for wounds, insect repellent, or for treating burns and ulcers.
- For problems like allergies of the respiratory systems or asthma, you can add drops of Nilgiri oil to a cotton ball, and keep on snuffling the cotton ball many times in a day.
- It can also be added to the hot water or can be used as an atomizer for steam therapy.
- Eucalyptus oil is also a prime ingredient in products like perfumes and cosmetics to increase its fragrance. Other products in the list are mouthwashes, ointments, liniments, toothpastes, lozenges and cough drops.
- It is also used as a natural sunscreen ingredient as it when mixed with other essential oils, it gets absorbed by the skin fast, also known as moisturizing.
Hence, the eucalyptus oil can be used for aromatherapy, topically and internally for various benefits.
Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil
There are several Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil related to the health, hair and skin. The properties it carries are healthy enough to reduce the bacterial and other infections. Here are some popular benefits of including Nilgiri oil in your life.
A. Health Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil
The health benefits of eucalyptus oil come in several numbers. It is useful not only for the health, but for some of the dental problems too. Here are few healthy uses of eucalyptus oil to maintain your health.
1. A Natural Drug For Dental Problems
Having problems like dental plaque, cavities, or gingivitis etc.! All these problems give rise to dental infections, which can prove to be harmful to your teeth. Eucalyptus oil serves as a natural mint with a camphorous taste. It is used in several dental products, to limit the infections, and give out a mint odor. The germicidal properties it comes to help you in fighting against the dental disorders, giving you a naturally sweet smell.
2. For Prevention Against Asthma Attacks
Asthma has become a common symptom for many people, including the children too. Among the various treatments for curing asthma, eucalyptus oil is counted as the best. A simple massage of the essential oil on the chest and around the neck would leave a relaxing effect with the aroma. The oil would get absorbed by the skin and the miasma would give a relief to your throat and blood vessels. This would allow the flow of sufficient oxygen to the lungs, and allow you to breathe normally.
3. Respiratory Disorders
Eucalyptus oil is a strong antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and decongestant ingredient, which makes it a natural ingredient in the solution of various respiratory problems. It is a decent ingredient in making various medicines that help in reducing the respiratory problems like nasal congestion, running nose, cough, cold, sore throat, sinusitis, and bronchitis. It can be used by rubbing the oil on the chest, gargling by mixing with warm water, etc.
Please click here to know more eucalyptus oil benefits for health…