We all love experimenting on our hair, right? Different haircuts, curls, straightening, coloring, adding waves and what not is textured to the hair for giving it that perfect look. But have you counted on the damage you are making to your hair? The advanced techniques, chemical-based products, and hair colors, along with some environmental factors have been damaging the hair, sometimes from its roots on a serious side. So, do you want a natural supplement for healthy hair? How about eucalyptus oil for hair?
What Is Eucalyptus Oil?
Eucalyptus oil, also known as Nilgiri oil for hair, is one of the essential oils that is made of the dry leaves of the Eucalyptus tree. The essential oil is used as a cleaning agent in the house. Eucalyptus oil contains properties like anti-infectious, antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-viral which helps in removing the bacteria and germs that might attack your hair, body, and skin. Hence, it is also used in various healing aroma therapies at home naturally.
Is Eucalyptus Oil Beneficial For The Hair?
Eucalyptus oil for natural hair is the best way for stimulation of the follicles of the hair. It stimulates the growth of hair and also prevents hair loss at the same time.
Here are some surprising Eucalyptus oil benefits for your hair.
Eucalyptus Oil For Hair
1. Stimulates Follicles Of The Hair
Eucalyptus oil for hair growth works as an amazing stimulant when applied to the scalp. The oil when applied gives some tingling sensation which further helps in the stimulation of the hair follicles which improves the circulation of blood. When blood reaches each follicle and cell in the scalp, it promotes healthy hair growth.
2. A Natural Treatment To Dandruff And Itching
Again, Eucalyptus oil comes with features like antiviral, antibacterial, antimicrobial, etc. that are much efficient in fighting against the fungus that causes dandruff and Malassezia. Dandruff further leads to itching in the scalp which can result into hair loss due to clogging of the hair follicles. Also, scratching with nails can lead to serious infections and inflammation. The use of eucalyptus oil would help in removing dandruff and reducing the itching for a healthy scalp.
3. Improving The Hair Elasticity
Eucalyptus oil for hair is also helpful in improving the elasticity of the hair. When applied to the scalp, the oil increases the count of ceramides. The ceramides strengthen the shaft of the hair which further improves the elasticity of the hair. As a result, the breaking of the hair is reduced to a great extent.
4. Keeps Your Scalp Lice Free
Tired of trying everything on your scalp to get rid of the lice? Eucalyptus oil, or say Nilgiri oil for hair can help in killing the lice completely from the hair. When applied to the scalp completely, it works effectively on the lice and the nits too by suffocating them. The antimicrobial properties of the oil come with a strong essence which kills the lice and the nits by suffocation. For this, mix few drops of the essential oil in the regular oil and apply it on the skin.
5. Helps The Scalp In Balancing The Oily Texture
Is your scalp too oily even if you stay away from oil? Eucalyptus oil can surely help you in such situation. The oil comes with natural properties that work on the sebum for regulating the oil on the scalp. When the scalp remains oily, it stores dirt and grime in the pores that are open leading to hair fall. Eucalyptus oil regulates the sebum and clogs up the hair follicles closing the pores. This also helps in reducing the hair fall due to environmental causes.
Eucalyptus oil for hair henceforth helps in improving the hair texture providing it with the required health and shine from inside. The oil works on the roots of the hair and the scalp promoting healthy hair growth.
Thinking how to use eucalyptus oil for hair growth? Here are some tips for using eucalyptus oil for healthy hair.
- Take around 6 drops of the eucalyptus essential oil and mix it with 2tbsp of regular hair oil or coconut oil. With the help of your fingertips, apply the oil on the scalp pressuring in circular motions for increasing blood pressure.
- The Eucalyptus oil for hair can also be used for hot oil treatment which provides the follicles with all the required nutrients. For this, warm 1tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp of castor oil. Add around 6 drops of the essential oil and mix well. Massage the oil on the scalp and leave it for around 15 minutes before washing the hair.
- The eucalyptus oil for natural hair is also used as a hair boosting mask for strengthening the hair. For this, take one egg yolk for oily hair and egg whites for dry hair, 1tsp of coconut oil and only 2 drops of essential oil. Mix well and apply it on the scalp. Allow it to work for 30 minutes and wash away with natural shampoo.
- For stimulating the treatment of the scalp, take around 3-6 drops of the essential oil and mix it with 1-2 tbsp of sesame oil. Massage the mixture on the scalp with fingertips for 3 minutes. After 30 minutes, wash the hair with normal water.
- For using the eucalyptus oil for hair growth, take a bottle of coconut oil and add 1 tsp of almond oil, 10 drops of essential oil, and 1tsp of olive oil in the bottle. Use the oil for a weekly massage on the scalp using fingertips. Make sure you use the oil nearly 2 hours before washing hair.
No doubt, styling your hair would give you an appealing look, but by using eucalyptus oil for hair, you would be able to protect it from the possible damage. So, are you ready to give your hair a healthy touch? Go ahead.
Some FAQs Related to Use of Eucalyptus Oil for Hair Care
1. Can The Eucalyptus Oil Be Used Directly?
2. Is It Safe To Use Eucalyptus Oil For The Patients Having Asthma?
The Eucalyptus oil contains certain elements that can lead to asthma attacks, due to which it is not recommended to patients having asthma.
3. Should Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women Use Eucalyptus Oil?
No, again some strong elements of the eucalyptus oil can be harmful to the pregnant and breastfeeding women, so they should avoid using it.