Get A Healthy Hair With Coconut Hair Oil!
Coconut Oil Hair Treatment for Long Beautiful & Healthy Hair!
We all wish to be like the girl in shampoo and conditioner advertisements. Waving the long, shiny and healthy hair and getting those looks. However, not all are blessed with such kind of hair. But you can make your hair be like it with by adding just one secret ingredient to your daily routine – Coconut oil! Coconut oil contains fatty acids such as lauric acid which has antibacterial properties. This can nourish your hair from the roots changing it inside out. Coconut oil has many uses such as for cooking, for skin and is an ingredient that is widely used in the cosmetic industry. Yet the best results are when coconut oil hair treatment is used.
It is best to use organic extra virgin coconut oil for coconut oil hair treatment. It can be applied as a mask and gives the best result quickly. Proven to be very effective, coconut oil prevents protein loss and penetrates deep within to nourish your hair.
Benefits of Using Coconut Oil for Hair
There are several other oils too that can stimulate hair growth and nourishes them. Yet most of them recommend coconut oil. Haven’t you wondered how coconut oil benefits for hair? Well here are some ways:
1. Stronger Hair By Saying Goodbye To Damage
The fatty acids in coconut oil fill the gap that was created by the damaged and broken hair. It protects your hair and prevents breakage. Further, it prevents protein loss and thus strengthens the hair.
2. Not Just Your Skin, Your Hair Needs Moisturising Too
Most have a problem with a dry scalp that can be the habitat of dandruff. Regularly applying coconut oil can moisturise your scalp and kill the bacteria with its anti-microbial properties. Moisturising with coconut oil makes it healthy and protects your hair follicles from heat and environmental damage.
3. Show Off Your Hair With Its Gloss And Shine
Regular moisturising and coconut oil treatment for hair can help create a gloss and shiny appearance to the hair. It also makes your hair smooth and silky.
4. Welcome Longer And Thicker Hair
Studies and researches are done in countries like Japan and America on coconut oil have proven that applying coconut oil regularly and taking coconut oil hair treatment results in hair thickening and growing due to the presence of lauric acid.
5. Boost Your Blood Circulation with coconut oil hair treatment
Regular massaging of the scalp with coconut oil helps in boosting blood circulation. It can help in taking off stress and headache and soothe your scalp.
When The Good Turns Bad?
Even though coconut oil has so many benefits, Is coconut oil good for your hair? While most might say yes, we say not necessarily. These are some of the reasons why it might not be good for you.
- Some people might be allergic to coconut oil. It is always recommended to take a skin patch test before you start using it.
- Coconut oil is not really for every hair type. While it creates amazing results for those who lack natural protein, much result has not been found on those who don’t lack them.
- People with too dry and brittle hair would not benefit much from coconut oil unless used with oils like argan oil.
- It is not recommended to use to much coconut oil while applying it. Small amounts to coat the hair and remove tangles are normally recommended. Your hair might not take well the application of too much oil. Further, you will have to use more amount of shampoo to remove it results in it being more harmful than being beneficial.
Coconut Oil Hair Treatment
Coconut oil can be used in many ways for your hair. However, it is recommended to take coconut oil hair treatment to get the best results. Here are some of the treatments that you can easily do at home.
1. Deep Conditioning Treatment
Comprised of lauric acid which has low molecular weight, coconut oil can easily penetrate into your hair. Compared to other oils it can penetrate deeply and faster. It prevents the damage that can possibly cause due to unfriendly brushing off the hair. You may need one or two hours for this treatment. The longer you leave, the more effective it would be. To use it just follow the steps:
- Take two bowls of different size. Pour some coconut oil into the smaller bowl.
- Fill the larger bowl with hot water
- Take the smaller bowl and place it in the larger bowl containing hot water. The smaller bowl should be partially submerged but make sure that water does not come in contact with the oil.
- When the oil is slightly heated, you can apply it to your hair. Start with the scalp and roots and then work on the lengths.
- After you finish oiling, you can comb your hair so as to spread the oil evenly.
- Braid your hair or tie it in a bun and leave it for an hour or two.
- Shampoo your hair to remove the oil.
2. Dandruff Removal Treatment
Dandruff can be really irritating to you feel itchy scalp and burns on your scalp. Often chemicals are used to remove dandruff. These chemicals are harmful to your hair and can even destroy the natural texture of it. Coconut oil which is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial is the best ingredient to use to fight dandruff. You can get to see amazing results. This works best if left for overnight. You can also leave it for 2-3 hours depending on your comfortability.
- Take two bowls, one larger and the other smaller.
- Pour oil into the smaller one and hot water in the larger one. You can add one drop of essential oil like tea tree to the oil.
- Take the smaller one and place it in the larger one. It should be partially submerged.
- Once the oil is heated apply it evenly on your hair scalp. You can give yourself a small massage as well.
- Then take a clean towel, dip it in hot water and squeeze off all the water. There must not be any water remaining.
- Tie this to your hair. Once the heat goes off repeat it.
- You can do this for an hour or you can give a steam to your hair.
- Leave in and wash off with shampoo the next day morning.
3. Coconut Oil For Styling
Yes, you heard it correct. Coconut oil can be used for styling your hair. It works well than most of the chemicals and is good for your hair. Here are some of the ways in which you can use it as a styling agent.
Coconut oil helps to tame frizz and detangle your hair. Take a little bit of coconut oil and rub it on your palms to make it warm. Gently apply it to the ends and work all the way up to the roots. Note that you would be leaving it and so don’t use too much as it can make your hair stick together. Slowly detangle the hair from the ends using your hands and you can comb through your hair using a detangling brush.
The serum we normally use contains sulphate which can damage hair in the long run. You can use coconut oil instead. After you take bath and air dry your hair, take three to four drops of coconut oil and rub it between your palms and apply it to your hair. Comb well to spread.
c. Protection from Sun
Coconut oil can be used as an excellent sunscreen. It can be used for the skin as well as hair. Just take a little bit of coconut oil and heat it. Apply it to your hair scalp. And comb well. You can use this as a leave-in. The fatty acids in coconut oil will protect your hair from damage.
d. Refresh Your Curls
If you have curls that need constant moisturising or might become kinky, coconut oil is your answer. They can moisturise even dry hair. Take a quarter cup of hot water and add three to four drops of coconut oil. Mix it well and pour in a spray bottle. You can spray throughout the day, anytime your hair needs a bit moisturising.
4. Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
The vitamins and essentials that are present in coconut oil can boost your hair growth 10x times. It nourishes the scalp and removes sebum allowing the growth of hair follicles. Here is how you can use coconut oil for faster hair growth:
- Take a small and large bowl. Fill the small bowl with oil and large with hot water.
- Partially submerge the smaller bowl in the larger bowl.
- Once the oil is heated, apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Massage well. Massaging increases your blood circulation resulting in more hair growth.
- You can leave it for an hour before you wash off with shampoo.
5. Lice Prevention
Coconut oil has been proved to remove lice effectively. Compared to permethrin, coconut oil had a better result. You can use coconut oil as a leave in conditioner along with tea tree oil or apple cider vinegar. You can also massage and leave it for an hour before washing off and combing with a fine tooth hairbrush.
Using coconut oil is the best thing you can do for your hair rather than exposing it to a number of chemicals. Coconut oil can be used for multi purposes and it is the healthiest ingredient that you can bring in your day to day life. Pure coconut oil is easily available everywhere. While using just make sure they have the smell of fresh coconut to assure that no chemicals are added to it.
Explore more home remedies in our upcoming articles.