The month of April marks the beginning of the season of mangoes, harsh heat and cool ice cubes. Well, we are talking about summer, particularly about the beauty challenges faced by women during this season. We will discuss here how to take care of hair, eyes and feet during summer.
In summer, it is likely that our hair, eyes and feet get damaged. Hence, we must adopt a strict lifestyle decision for treating our hair, eyes and feet with love and care. We have offered you with useful tips on how to take care of hair, eyes and feet during summer and certain home-made remedies to follow.
Summer Care Tips : How to Take Care of Hair, Eyes and Feet During Summer?
Hair Care Tips During Summer
- Do not use hot water for head bath. Use lukewarm or cold water.
- Do not blow dry or use any kind of hair treatment during summers.
- Always protect your head from the harmful sun rays. Cover your head with a scarf, or stole. You may also use an umbrella, if you are comfortable with it. Direct exposure of hair to sun rays may cause headache, stroke and hair loss.
- In summers, we tend to sweat a lot. Our hair becomes oily after every two days and need frequent cleansing. Hence, wash your hair twice a week. In case your hair are too oily, then wash alternate days. Pay attention to your scalp while washing hair.
- Hair growth is a bit faster during summers. The chances of split ends are higher. Hence, it is recommended to trim your hair on a regular basis. You might also go for a trendy haircut in these days.
- Always use natural cleansers to wash your hair. A conditioner is a must after washing. Needless to say, natural conditioners such as tea tree oil or rice water are best during summers.
- Make a habit of applying home-made face packs during summer. If herbs are making your hair dry, then use coolants such as coconut oil or olive oil to nourish the hair.
- If you had been out in the sun during the day, do not forget to have a nice hair massage at night. Before massaging your hair, comb you hair for first 5 minutes to remove dirt and dust out of the hair.
- Apart from care, you also need to eat nutritious, balanced diet. Eat lots of fresh fruits, salads, vegetables, whole grains, cereals, pulses, sprouts, oatmeal, nuts, seeds, etc. Your hair also needs food that is packed with all nutrients.
Here are some effective home remedies for Eye Stye.
Summer Special Hair Pack
Mint is a coolant for skin and hair. Hence, take a half bowl of mint leaves, Add hibiscus leaves, neem and tulsi leaves to it. Grind the leaves and flowers and add amla juice and coconut water to make it into a thick paste. Apply this hair pack on the scalp and hair and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash off the hair with a good shampoo and a conditioner. Repeat this process once or twice a week.
Eye Care Tips During Summer
Our eyes need constant care and affection, especially during summers when they get heated, red and even sore in the unbearable heat. If you regularly go out in the sun, then you must be experiencing red, itchy and watery eyes. Avoid the sun as much as possible. You may also adopt certain following tips to take care of your beautiful eyes and protect them from the harsh heat.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes. Use branded ones.
- After returning home, splash cold water on your eyes. For extra relief, you may use cucumber slices or potato extract for the eyes.
- Do not apply heavy eye makeup on eyes during summer.
- Avoid using chemical-based eye creams to reduce dark circles around eyes. Use natural remedies.
- Eat fruits, carrots, green leafy vegetables, and nutritious food to keep your eyes healthy.
Summer Special Eye Coolants
Before going to bed, pamper your eyes with these natural remedies. These are very simple to follow but highly effective for reducing dark circles, puffiness and other eye related concerns.
1. The Rose Water Remedy
Dip cotton balls into a small bowl of rose water. Refrigerate the rose water for some time to cool down the eyes. Place the balls on your eyes for nearly 10 minutes. You may also apply a face pack for more relaxing effect. This is the simplest remedy.
2. The Cucumber Remedy
Extract juice of cucumber and store it in the refrigerator. When time permits, dip cotton balls into it and place on the eyes for 5 minutes. You may also grate cucumber and add a spoon of almond powder into it. Apply this eye mask on eyes for 5-10 minutes.
3. The Watermelon Remedy
Watermelon juice is extremely soothing for the eyes. Extract juice of watermelon and store it in fridge. For added benefits, you may squeeze few drops of lemon juice into it. Place the cotton balls on the eyes after dipping them in the mixture. Repeat this process every day to experience the cooling effect.
Foot Care Tips During Summer
When we have talked about eye and hair care during summers, we cannot neglect our feet during summers. Our feet also experience extreme heat and turmoil during summers. Even if you go for a quick pedicure in the salon once a month, self-care of feet will soothe them to a larger extent. Here are some of the foot care tips that might help you during summers.
- Do not wear tight shoes. If you get blisters, then use sandalwood powder on the affected areas.
- Do not walk for long during summers. It will damage them unknowingly. Prefer to travel in a closed vehicle.
- Before going for bath, apply rosemary oil on your feet for quick relief.
- Do not close your feet when you are indoors. Let them breathe properly.
- Wipe your feet every night before going to sleep and apply a foot cream or a good lotion for softness.
- Do a self-pedicure once a week with natural ingredients to relax yourself. You have tackled all the stress brilliantly. So, you deserve a treat!
Summer Special Foot Packs
1. The Three Leaves Pedicure
The first one is a medicinal pedicure for troubled feet. Take half cup of neem leaves, tulsi leaves and mint leaves. Add the leaves in a vessel of hot water and stir the mixture with a spoon. Pour this mixture into the pedicure tub of lukewarm water and add rose water into it. Soak your feet in this mixture for 10 minutes. Remove feet, scrub your feet with cucumber extract for 4-5 minutes. Soak your feet again in the tub to remove the extracts. Repeat this process once or twice a week.
2. The Sandalwood Cooling Pedicure
Add few dashes of tea tree oil into a tub of warm water. Soak your feet into it for 5 minutes. Remove feet and scrub your feet with sandalwood-rose water paste for 2 minutes. Soak the feet again in the tub water for 10 minutes. This time, apply a cooling eye mask on your eyes. Add cucumber juice into the tub water for extra soothing. Repeat this process once or twice a week to revitalize your tired feet.
We have seen useful tips for how to take care of hair, eyes and feet during summer, if we follow these tips and apply these packs during summer, then we will definitely have healthy hair, refreshing eyes and odour-free feet throughout the season. A little care, love and affection for your beauty is essential to nurture. You need not spend thousands of bucks for that. An investment of time and effort is needed.
Originally posted 2017-04-20 06:23:32. Republished by Blog Post Promoter