You Will Be Amazed To See The Benefits Of Flaxseed Oil For Hair!
One of the most beautiful assets of a woman is her hair. A woman with a great set of shiny and lustrous hair goes noticed without a doubt. Then why not work decently towards giving those tresses all the love and care that they deserve? Speaking of hair health, you will be amazed to know about the flaxseed oil for hair.
The flaxseed oil is somewhat lesser known when it comes to the benefits that it owes to the hair. Usually, people know it for the great amount of omega-3 fatty acids that it contains which fills up for the vegetarians since they do not get access to the fish and chicken that contain the same.
Flaxseed Oil: Constituents
Before getting to anything, let us first know what flaxseed oil really is and what all does it contains. Following are some of the essential nutrients that the flaxseed oil contains:
1. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
As mentioned above, flaxseed oil is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. This nutrient is really good for maintaining a good heart health. The non-vegetarian people can get their share of omega-3 fatty acids from the chicken and the fish. However, the vegetarian lot can get theirs from the flaxseeds or flaxseed oil.
Flaxseed is widely known to constitute both soluble and the insoluble kinds of fiber. This is great when one wants a proper digestion and a healthy bowel movement. Using flaxseed oil or flaxseeds, in general, can help you maintain a happy stomach.
Flaxseeds are also a rich source of anti-oxidants. In fact, they are the largest source of it and can be said to contain about 8000 times the antioxidants than any other plant-based foods contain.
But Why Flaxseed Oil For Hair?
Including all the good nutrients that the flaxseeds and the flaxseed oil contain, it can be said that flaxseed oil for natural hair is really a thing when we are talking about hair health. Since the omega-3 fatty acids and the proteins form up the main parts of our hair strands, it must get pretty obvious that this oil can prove to be really beneficial for healthy hair.
Here are some of the best benefits that the flaxseed oil has to offer for your hair.
- Flaxseed oil has a great amount of omega-3 fatty acids, omega-4 fatty acids, minerals and essential vitamins that are required for a healthy hair growth.
- Some people use Flaxseed oil for hair growth. This is because even just 2 spoons of it are enough for your daily fatty acids and vitamins requirement. Supplying the hair strands their much essential nutrients, the flaxseed oil is great when you are looking for something to trigger your hair growth.
- Flaxseed oil doesn’t only help with hair growth, but it also prevents hair fall. Since the fatty acids make up for hair growth, the essential minerals help in making the hair follicle stronger and hence, eliminate hair fall.
- Using flaxseed oil regularly on the hair will get rid of any flakiness or visible dandruff from the scalp.
- Flaxseed oil is also helpful in giving your hair strands a certain shine and luster. This is because it moisturizes your scalp and helps in the formation of hydrated hair. This brings out a natural shine in the hair.
- A weekly warm flaxseed oil hair massage can do all the above-mentioned tricks when done regularly every week.
Flaxseed Oil For Hair Growth
One of the best functions of the flaxseed oil for natural hair is that it helps in hair growth. Adding to the prevention of hair fall, it is widely used for promoting a healthy hair growth rate. You can use flaxseed oil for direct application, consume it or make up some really great flaxseed oil hair masks for better and faster results.
- Flaxseed oil contains a great amount of Vitamin E. The presence of strong anti-oxidants can repair any form of scalp or hair damage, thus promoting hair growth rate. As for healthy hair, it improves the flow of blood and capillaries efficiency, which add to the shiny and healthy hair.
- If your hair produces oil or sebum at an alarming rate, then that could be one of the main reasons for hair fall or brittle hair. That is exactly what is prevented by the flaxseed oil. It controls the production of oil in the scalp. Other than that, it also controls the pH level of the scalp which prevents hair loss.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids is one of the main sources of nourishment for the hair. The hair strands get all its luster and nourishment from these fatty acids which are comprised in abundant in the flaxseed oil.
- The flaxseed oil can be one of the best sources of hair conditioning. This is because it provides moisture to the hair locks. For one experiencing brittle hair, split ends, dry hair, etc., can use flaxseed oil deep conditioning therapy to treat up their locks gently at home.
Here are some of the basic hair packs that use flaxseed oil for hair and its health.
Flaxseed Oil For Hair
For this simple way, all you will need is 2 tsp of Flaxseed Oil.
- Take a small bowl and add 2 tsp of flaxseed oil into it.
- Heat the oil for some time until the oil becomes mildly warm.
- Start massaging your hair with the help of this warm flaxseed oil and keep massaging for about 15 minutes. Make sure to massage all the areas over the scalp using circular motions with the fingers.
- After the massage, take a soft towel and dip it in hot water.
- Now wrap this hot towel around your hair and head and leave it like that for about 30 minutes.
Time -15+30 = 45 minutes.
- After those 30 minutes, take out of the towel and shampoo your hair using one that doesn’t contain any sulphate.
- You can do this therapy for about 2-3 times a week before you wash your hair.
- The hot towel really helps the flaxseed oil transfer its nutrients into your scalp and the roots of the hair. When the penetrations take place, a healthy hair growth is naturally promoted.
How To Grind Flaxseed– Let’s See Step By Step Instructions!
Flaxseed Gel For Hair
For this one, all you need is-
- Flax Seeds: About 1/4th cup
- Water: 2 cups
- Lemon Juice: 1 Tsp
- Take a pot and add 2 cups of water with about 1/4th cup of flaxseeds in it. Bring this mixture to boil and keep it boiling until the water starts to get a little thicker in texture.
- When it thickens, add about 1 tsp of lemon juice into the pot and stir the whole mix well.
- When the mixture starts looking like a gel, switch off the gas and allow the complete thing to cool down.
- When it gets cooled, use a strainer to strain out the gel part. You can also store that in a jar.
- This is your flaxseed gel. You can use this on your hair every day in the morning time. This process will aid your hair growth and make the process a lot faster.
- You can use this treatment daily on your hair.
Other than making and using flaxseed oil for including them in hair masks, you can also include them in your daily diet. The hair masks do fine with giving your scalp and hair the nourishment they need, but the inner nourishment of the body is equally important for long-term results and benefits.
So, here are some of the ways in which you can include the flaxseed oil for hair in your diet.
Have Some Raw Flaxseeds
This one is really simple. All you can do it eat flaxseed directly daily. Not much, only 2 tsp will do enough for a day. You can chew on them as a form of evening snack. Other than this, you can also use flaxseeds to include in your fried veggies or as a seasoning to your stir-fried dishes.
Other than that, you can also add some flaxseeds to your daily salads.
Frequently Asked Questions About Flaxseed Oil For Hair
1. How to make flaxseed oil at home for hair?
You can easily make flaxseed oil at your home. Just follow the procedure given below.
All you’ll need is-
- Water: 2 cups
- Flaxseeds: 2 Tsp
- Take a small pot and add about 2 cups of water into it.
- Let the water come to a boil.
- When it boils, add about 2 tsp of flaxseeds into it and bring the heat to low.
- Now let the water boil for a few minutes.
- Once you start to see the water turn to glossy and thick, turn off the flame.
- Use a strainer to strain out the liquid and let it cool for some time.
- This is the flaxseed oil and you can store it in a container for use up to 10 days.
2. Is it safe to eat flaxseeds?
Yes. It is perfectly safe to eat flaxseeds and include them in your regular diet. However, it is advised to consume no more than 2 tsp of flaxseeds for a day. Since that much contains all the essential nutrients that your body may require.
Read more – Look 10 Years Younger Using Flaxseeds!