For any lady in the world, issues like damaged hair, hair loss, or weakening of the hair can be a nightmare. Seeing a lot of hair falling in the shower can actually give goosebumps to any girl, but there is a good news and it is the DIY hair mask for damaged hair. The homemade hair mask for damaged hair can easily rejuvenate the natural texture of hair and if the treatment is used regularly, it will also protect the hair from more damage in the future.
The DIY hair mask for dry damaged hair is much more effective than the expensive treatments at the salons. In this post, we will be telling you about various DIY hair mask for damaged hair, which will help you get stronger and healthier hair without any side effects.
Here is a list of natural and DIY hair masks for damaged hair.
DIY Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
1. Egg DIY Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
The eggs have special proteins and nutrients that can be very good for the health of the hair and scalp. No matter what kind of hair type you have, the egg is suitable for all and can be very good for the health, texture, and strength of the hair. Since the eggs’ nutrients provide strength too, it can be helpful in slowing down the hair loss. The egg also boosts your hair growth as it ha vitamin B present in it. This hair mask is very effective and also easy to prepare.
Ingredients required to make the egg hair mask: You’ll need 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix the egg well and make sure that there are no lumps left behind.
- Now gently apply the whisked egg thoroughly to your scalp and hair strands. You need to use a shower cap to cover your hair and prevent the solution to drip from your hair. Let it stay there for at least 20 minutes or more but do not overdo it.
- Afterward thoroughly wash your hair and make sure to use cold water.
- If you do this treatment properly and at regular intervals, your hair will never feel the deficiency of amino acids and proteins and have a beautiful shine.
- The breakage of the hair will also reduce significantly and if you are thinking of growing your hair for a new hairdo, this DIY hair mask for damaged hair will be a great choice.
2. Banana DIY Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
If you are suffering from hair loss, it is quite possible that your hair has a deficiency of potassium, natural oils, antioxidants, and vitamins and if it is so you can try the banana mask which is rich in all these ingredients and thus make the banana mask a perfect way to treat hair loss.
The best part about the banana is that it is also available throughout the year and the price of a dozen bananas can be less than 2 apples.
The ingredients required for the banana mask are 2 ripe bananas, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Take all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix till you get a smooth residue. to mix the banana you can use a mixer or cut the banana into small pieces before mixing. In this solution, you can even add four to five drops of almond oil if you want to enhance the growth of your hair.
- Once you are ready with the hair mask, use it on your scalp and allow it to stay for a while, ten to fifteen minutes will be sufficient. If you want to let the banana mask stay for a longer time, that too is fine, but do wear a shower cap in that case.
- When you have to wash the banana mask, try using a mild shampoo and do not forget to use a conditioner afterward.
- This DIY hair mask for damaged hair add lustre to your hair, and also make it soft. Apart from reducing the hair damage and breakage, the banana mask also allows helps in fighting dandruff and dryness.
3. Yoghurt DIY Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
The yoghurt hair mask has been used for ages for beautiful hair, and the ingredients of yoghurt are also very effective in doing the same. The yoghurt is rich in nutrients like proteins, vitamin D, and vitamin B and thus helps in the nourishment of the hair.
Ingredients required for the yoghurt hair mask: You’ll need a cup of fresh yoghurt, a tablespoon of good quality apple cider vinegar, and 1 spoon honey.
- Now mix all these ingredients well in a bowl till you are sure that there is no more need to mix.
- When you have to apply the final solution, it should be applied from root to tip. After letting it stay for fifteen to twenty minutes you can wash your hair with cold water and a mild shampoo.
- The yoghurt mask can be used on weekends and it will make your hair more moisturized and thus easy to manage. The nourishment you get from the yoghurt mask is good to fight the split ends.
- After using the yoghurt DIY hair mask for damaged hair regularly, you will feel that your hair is stronger and does not break like before.
4. Avocado DIY Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
If you have already lost hair and you feel that the volume has decreased quite significantly, then you must not wait to use the avocado hair mask. The avocados are known to have rich quantities of omega-3 fatty acids which can stop the hair loss and also help in regrowth. It is also very good for the health of the scalp as it is also popular for its anti-inflammatory properties. The qualities of the avocado mask will give your hair a better sheen and texture.
- Cut the avocado into small pieces and take all these ingredients in a dish big enough, and keep mixing the ingredients until you are satisfied that the final mixture has a fine and smooth consistency.
- Use a strainer to remove the pieces of the avocado.
- For the best results and benefits, make sure that the avocado hair mask covers your hair strands from tip to the roots.
- After fifteen minutes you can wash off the mask with a mild shampoo and cold water., From the first use, your hair will have lesser split ends and have a nice moisturised and a frizz-free feel.
5. Strawberry DIY Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
Different people have different hair types. Dry and frizzy hair is a very common issue, but many people are also unhappy with their oily hair. Extra oil on the scalp also blocks the pores, and this is also one of the reasons for the hair loss. The oily scalp can also be itchy especially on a warm sunny day. The best solution for this har type is the strawberry hair mask. This mask helps in tightening the pores of the scalp, and thus reduces hair loss for the people who have an oily scalp.
- To prepare the strawberry mask you will be needing three to four strawberries, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and a tablespoon of honey-almond.
- You can use a blender to mix the ingredients. keep blending until final mixture is consistent and smooth.
- Apply your mask from tip to the roots and let it do its job for twenty to twenty-five minutes. Use a mild shampoo and cold water to rinse off the strawberry mask.
- You will not experience an oily scalp after using once.
- The hair feels much stronger and smooth, and as a bonus, you even get a nice fragrance of the strawberries in your hair.
6. Coconut Oil And Curry Leaves DIY Hair Mask For Damaged Hair
If you are looking for a protein hair mask especially to fight the hair loss, this hair mask with coconut oil and curry leaves is the answer. The curry leaves have proteins that are good for the root strength of the hair and help in preventing hair loss. The coconut has many qualities which support the overall health of both hair and the scalp. The coconut oil also reduces the thinning of hair. The combo of these two ingredients creates a fabulous hair mask to fight against hair loss.
- You’ll be needing fresh curry leaves (10 to 12 will be sufficient), 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- You will need to boil booth the ingredients in a dish.
- Keep boiling till the oil starts popping and the curry leaves start turning bit brown. Let the temperature lower to the level when you can comfortably apply the mask to your hair, but it needs to be warm for easy application.
- After 20 minutes you can wash the mask with a mild shampoo.
- Using the mask twice a week will improve the health of your hair, reduce hair fall and also the frizziness.
FAQs Related To The DIY Hair Mask For Damaged Hair
1. Why are hair masks better than a salon treatment?
The amount of time we spend in reaching the salon and getting the treatment is equal to the time one will need to prepare the hair mask. The difference in the money spent in a salon and what you will spend to prepare a hair mask is also much higher. So it is better to find some time to go natural and get better results for their hair.
2. Is it tough or easy to find the ingredients?
Finding ingredients for the hair masks is very easy. Most of the ingredients can be found at home and the ones you do not find in your daily use can be found in your nearest departmental store. So it is not any hassle.
3. Do the homemade hair masks have any side effects?
The homemade hair masks are made from natural ingredients and thus are side-effect free. There are chances that someone may be allergic to a particular ingredient, so if you have never used any of the ingredients you would be using, it is advised to do the allergy test. You can use a small quantity of the ingredient behind your earlobe to check for any allergic reaction.
Read Next – Damaged Hair? No Problem. We’ve Got You!