Fight Those Pesky Lines with Home Remedies for Wrinkles!
How many times have you heard someone complain about fine lines under their eyes or around the mouth? You being the inexperienced one might start to think how big of a deal is this. But wait till you experience it. General people today think of how to prevent wrinkles as these are the sign of ageing. This is because they mostly show up after the age of 40 when the still starts to lose its elasticity and become saggy. However, the appearance of wrinkles cannot be limited to just ageing when we try to look at today’s lifestyles. In this case, home remedies for wrinkles are the best option one can go for.
Wrinkles: What are They?
Wrinkles are nothing but fine lines around the skin. The lines feel like the skin has lost the elasticity and has become so lose that the area starts to show up lines. The skin at that point may also be saggy due to the age factor. We talk about age here because it is natural that the skin loses its elasticity after a certain age and starts becoming lose. As a result, wrinkling of skin could be a natural process. However, if we pose a look at today’s lifestyle, we can find a number of other reasons that may cause wrinkles.
Causes of Wrinkles
You may not be eating a well-balanced diet and thus your skin might be getting short of the essential nutrients it needs to maintain health and elasticity.
You might be under the direct sunlight for too long and without any sunscreen. Ladies, if you need a healthy skin, make sunscreen your goddess!
The toxic gases and dirt from the air might be entering your skin, depriving it of all the moisture and protection.
Vitamin D3 shortage-
The essential nutrient for skin health is Vitamin D3 and its deficiency can start to show skin problems, wrinkles being a part of them.
Makeup is an essential lady tool for good looks, sure. But overusing makeup can lead to weaker and dehydrated skin, causing it to loosen up over the years in your mid-20s.
Wrinkles usually start to appear on the face. These may also be termed as facial wrinkles, as they are popularly called. Other areas can range from the neck to the back of your hands. If we talk about the face, then it is no surprise that our facial skin is the most sensitive skin part of the body. Immediate fallbacks in skin care can start reflecting on your face before anywhere else. The skin under the eyes may start showing fine lines. Even on the forehead or around the mouth, near the nose. And none of this is great.
You must have heard many celebrities going under the knife surgeries to get rid of these fine lines. However, that may never always be an easy or a safe option for all of us. Expenses aside.
But stress not. Here, I have got the best kind of home remedies for wrinkles that you can easily try out at your own home. Talk about home remedies for wrinkles under eyes or home remedies for wrinkles around the mouth, I have them all. You will actually be surprised to know how easy these remedies can be to try on. Read along.
How To Prevent Wrinkles Using Home Remedies?
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has been the best friend of skin for a long time. And this friendship can face no doubts because of the extensive results this oil has for the skin.
All you need is: Coconut oil (Organic)
- Just take some coconut oil on your palms and start massaging it gently under your eyes with the help of your fingers. Use circular motions to massage any wrinkle-prone area.
- It would be best if you let the oil stay on for the whole night.
- For best results, it is safe to do this every night before you snooze off.
2. Castor Oil
All you need is- Castor oil and a cotton ball
- Take the cotton ball and dip it in castor oil and use it gently apply the oil on the wrinkle-prone skin.
- Let the oil stay on your skin for the whole night.
- For best result, this home remedy for wrinkles can be used every night before sleep time.
3. Grape Seed Oil
All you need is- Some grapeseed oil/extract
- Take some of the grapeseed oil and use your fingers to gently massage it into the wrinkle prone skin area.
- Try to let it sit on your skin for the maximum time before you wash off.
- For best results, you can use a few times in a week.
4. Vitamin E Capsules
All you need is-Some Vitamin E capsules
- Take one capsule of vitamin E and take out all the oil in it inside a bowl.
- Use your fingers to apply this oil to your wrinkles. Keep massaging for a few minutes.
- For best results, you can let the oil sit on the skin for a few hours. This can be done before sleep time every night.
5. Argan Oil
All you need is- Argan oil
- Take some argan oil on your palm and use your fingers to massage the oil on the wrinkle affected area on the skin.
- Leave it alone for some time.
- For best results, you can do this once or even twice a day.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
All you need is -Apple cider vinegar (1 spoon) and honey (1 tsp).
- Take a small bowl and add 1 tsp of each apple cider vinegar and honey into it. Mix well to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck as a face mask with the help of your fingers.
- Let it rest for about 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For best results, apply moisturiser after this and use this home remedy for wrinkles for about 2 times in a week.
All you need is- Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
- Take some Vaseline on your finger and apply it over the wrinkle prone area.
- Let it get absorbed by the skin by massaging it properly for some time.
- For best results, let it sit overnight. This can be done every night before sleep time.
8. Egg Whites
All you need is- Egg white (From 1 egg)
- Take the egg white in a bowl and start whisking it to form a smooth texture.
- Use your fingers to apply it over the wrinkles on the skin and let it dry.
- When it is dry, wash off the mix.
- For best results, you can use this home remedy for wrinkles for about once or twice a week.
All you need is- 1 avocado
- Take out the pulp of an avocado by peeling the skin off and taking out the inner part with the help of a spoon.
- Mash it and apply on the wrinkled areas of the skin.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes and then wash off.
- For best results, this can be done once or twice a week.
10. Aloe Vera
All you need is- Aloe Vera Gel (1 tsp) and Egg white (from 1 egg)
- Take these two ingredients in a bowl and mix well to form a paste.
- Use your fingers to apply it on the wrinkled skin.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes before washing it off.
- For best results, you can use this trick 2 times in a week.
All you need is- Some cucumber juice
- Take one cucumber and remove all the seeds. Grind it to extract the juice out.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this juice to your facial skin.
- Let it dry before you wash it off.
- For best results, you can do this home remedy for wrinkles once every day.
All you need is- Honey
- Take some honey on your fingers and massage over the wrinkled skin.
- Let it sit for about an hour before washing it off.
- For best results, you can do this trick once every day.
13. Lemon Juice
All you need is- Some Lemon juice and honey.
- Mix same amounts of lemon juice and honey in a bowl.
- Apply the paste to the wrinkled skin and let it sit for about 10 minutes and then wash off.
- For best results, you can do these 2 times in a week.
14. Olive Oil for Wrinkles
All you need is- Olive Oil
- Take some olive oil on your fingers and massage it over the wrinkles areas.
- Let it sit on your skin for the whole night.
- You can use this trick every night before going to bed.
Frequently Asked Questions about Wrinkles
1. Is massage helpful in getting rid of wrinkles?
Yes. A good massage around the eyes and over the face will increase blood circulation and help you release stress which are the primary causes of wrinkles. Use oils such as olive oil or coconut oil to treat forehead wrinkles and face wrinkles.
2. Is moisturising helpful in dealing with Wrinkles?
Yes. You need to understand that not getting proper moisture for your skin can lead to skin dehydration. This can cause the skin to become very dry and start showing lines which may later turn into wrinkles. You must use a good quality moisturiser daily. You can also use an oil such as coconut oil for that matter.