Table of Contents Hide
- Major Healthy Components Of Flaxseeds
- Advantages Of Flaxseeds For Skin
- Home Remedies And Flaxseed Oil Treatment To Get Rid Of Those Skin Problems
- 1. Face Pack of Cinnamon, Yogurt, and Cinnamon
- 2. Flaxseed Acts As A Moisturizer When Used As With Flaxseed And Honey
- 3. Flaxseed Acts As A Sunscreen When Used With Milk And Turmeric
- 4. Flaxseed Is Used As A Cleanser When Mixed With Lemon Juice
- 5. Flax Seeds Act As A Skin Whitening Agent When Mixed With Gram Flour.
- Flaxseeds For Anti-Aging
- Benefits Of Flaxseed Oil For Skin
- FAQ’s Related To Flax Seeds For The Skin
- 1. Is Flaxseed good for wrinkles?
- 2. Can Flaxseed help reduce acne?
- 3. Is there any side effect of flaxseed?
- 4. How much flaxseed should be eaten in a day?
- 5. What’s the difference between golden and regular flaxseed?
- 6. Is there any expiry for flax seed?
- 7. How does flaxseed help in skin Rejuvenation and anti-aging?
- Related to this topic
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
We all have heard flaxseeds reduce weight. But did you know flax seeds can also radiate the skin and make you look 10 years younger? Common Ladies, you got a new solution to all your problems. Whether the problems are wrinkles, blemishes, aging etc. all can be reduced and completely decipher when flax seeds are used for skin. Flaxseed is the new wonder food which not only helps cure problems like weight, acidity but also helps fight heart diseases, cancer, and diabetes. Studies have found that flaxseeds for skin when used can also prevent skin cancer. Flax seeds were cultivated in the year 3000BC and it is believed to have strong health benefits. In this article, we will walk through the benefits of Flaxseeds for skin. First of all, let us study about the healthy components of flax seeds listed below.
Major Healthy Components Of Flaxseeds
It contains Omega-3 fatty acids which have healthy effects on the heart. And each 1 tablespoon of Flax seeds contains 1.8 grams of plant omega 3-s.
The Second main component is Lignans which have Estrogen and Antioxidant features. Flaxseed contains nearly (75-800 times) lignans as compared to other plants. Lignans also promote fertility and reduce the menopausal syndrome.
Flax seeds contain Fiber which is soluble and insoluble types.
Advantages Of Flaxseeds For Skin
Flaxseeds include various skins friendly benefits that can make your skin look healthy internally as well as externally.
It contains very high levels of lignans and omega 3 fatty acids which help prevent skin diseases and bowel movements. It is responsible for the growth and maturing of the skin. Lignans are responsible for the appearance of the skin and for balancing the levels in the body.
2. Healing Of The Skin
The important components of the Flaxseeds (omega-3 fatty acids) heal the wounds at a faster level. It contains anti-inflammatory properties which minimize skin irritation, redness of the skin, inflammation, and rashes by consuming flaxseeds. It reduces the possibility of acne, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
There are essential fatty acids in the flax seeds which usually keeps the skin hydrated and well moisturized. Dry skin leads to skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and other aging problems. If the flaxseeds are used regularly then the body’s natural oil production is improved and the skin looks more like a soft baby. A well-moisturized skin helps deal with the problems of aging thus reducing wrinkles.
4. Prevents Skin Cancer And Controls Acne
The necessary components in the flaxseeds protect the skin tissues from damage and from radiation. Flaxseed reduces skin damage after the damage of the sun exposure. Flax seeds also control the oily substance which is produced by the skin glands called as sebum and hence reduce the acne problem. Any individual should one or two tablespoons of milled seeds (flaxseeds) to get the healthy and flawless skin.
5. Scrubbing Agent
A scrub can also be prepared from the ground flaxseeds to flake off the skin. The Flax seeds scrub removes dead skin cells and rejuvenates the skin smoothly.
Home Remedies And Flaxseed Oil Treatment To Get Rid Of Those Skin Problems
1. Face Pack of Cinnamon, Yogurt, and Cinnamon
1 tsp flaxseeds powder, 1 tsp yogurt, ½ tsp cinnamon powder.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and make a smooth paste. Apply evenly all over your face and make a smooth paste. Leave the mask on the face for 5 minutes and gently massage all over. Leave it for 10-15 minutes to dry it completely. Wash it with lukewarm water. Repeat the procedure once in a week for optimum results.
2. Flaxseed Acts As A Moisturizer When Used As With Flaxseed And Honey
1 tsp flaxseed powder, 1 tsp honey.
Mix flaxseed powder and Honey together and make a smooth mush. Apply it evenly all over the face and scrub it for 5 minutes. Leave it to dry for 15 or 20 minutes. Wash it with the lukewarm water and repeat it once a week for best results.
3. Flaxseed Acts As A Sunscreen When Used With Milk And Turmeric
1 tsp flaxseed powder, turmeric (pinch), 1 tbsp milk.
Mix all the ingredients together in a vessel and make a paste. Apply all over the face evenly and leave it to dry it completely for 20 minutes. The face pack should be washed with cold water and applied daily to get rid of tanning on the face and other body parts.
4. Flaxseed Is Used As A Cleanser When Mixed With Lemon Juice
1tbsp powder (flaxseed), squeeze one lemon.
Mix the powder to the lemon juice. Mix it and apply over the face. Let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
5. Flax Seeds Act As A Skin Whitening Agent When Mixed With Gram Flour.
1tbsp flaxseeds, 1 tbsp gram flour, (few) Drops of lemon juice.
Mix the Flaxseeds and gram flour together along with water (drops). Then add drops of lemon juice to make it a paste. Apply it over the face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. This Face pack needs to be washed with normal water or simply pat it dry. You can apply the pack once in a week to make it soft and blemish free.
Flaxseeds For Anti-Aging
The seeds for anti-aging are beneficial than any other anti-aging cream. Just add 1tbsp olive oil to flaxseeds and mix it well. Gently massage over the face before night sleep and wash it off to get that younger looking skin and wrinkle-free.
Benefits Of Flaxseed Oil For Skin
- Flaxseed oil for skin is used to control the chronic conditions of the skin such as eczema, inflammation, dermatitis, psoriasis. The Flaxseed oil for skin is used to repair the skin completely and make it look alluring.
- The oil is basically made up from Flaxseed which is nutritious and disease free. Moreover, this oil is used for various diseases associated with brains, hearts, moods, inflammation, clear skin and healthy hair.
- The Flaxseed oil contains omega-3 fatty acids which involve ALA (Alpha-linolenic acid, EPA(Eicosapentaenoic acid), DHA(Docosahexaenoic acid).
- Majorly the flaxseed oil is used to treat skin disorder like eczema which usually causes dry, red, and itchy skin. The fatty acid contained in the flaxseed oil improves the elasticity of the skin.
- Flaxseed oil when used orally (1 teaspoon) daily can improve the quality of the skin. Flaxseed oil when mixed with avocado acts as a great moisturizing agent and keeps it hydrated thus reducing the dullness and dryness of the skin.
FAQ’s Related To Flax Seeds For The Skin
1. Is Flaxseed good for wrinkles?
Yes, Flaxseed helps in reducing the dryness of the skin and thus reduces the wrinkles. The recipe of anti-aging and the wrinkle-free mask is mentioned in the article above. It is far better than the expensive anti-aging creams which are available in the market.
2. Can Flaxseed help reduce acne?
Yes, the Flaxseed contains omega – essential fatty acids which helps in reduction of inflammation on the skin. Thus Flaxseed for acne is far better than chemical products which we use for the skin.
3. Is there any side effect of flaxseed?
Sometimes, a higher dose of flaxseeds can cause gastrointestinal problems like bloating, gases or constipation. So before taking the flaxseed one should fix the dosage properly so as to avoid any side effects. It does not have any side effects over skin or hair but in case of sensitive or major issues, one should consult a dermatologist before applying over the face. The benefits are more than the side effects so it’s beneficial to spend less on natural products which are chemical free.
4. How much flaxseed should be eaten in a day?
The recommended amount of flaxseed that should be eaten in 1 tbsp or 2 tbsp. Once you get used to then you can increase the amount till 3-4 tbsp and then maximum 6 tbsp per day.
5. What’s the difference between golden and regular flaxseed?
The only difference between golden and regular flaxseed is the taste and the color. They both deliver the same amount of nutrients and alpha-linolenic acid which is essential fatty acid.
6. Is there any expiry for flax seed?
Yes. You should take precaution while applying the whole flaxseed over the face or while eating it. It always comes with an expiry date on the packet. If it is stored at room temperature then it can last until 6 months (post expiry date). The ground flax seeds can last up to a week (post the expiry date). The flaxseed contains omega-3 acid which goes rancid quickly.
7. How does flaxseed help in skin Rejuvenation and anti-aging?
Flaxseeds contain omega-3 rich essential oils which are crucial to skin health conditions and skin damage problems. It also contains the EFAs which has great benefits for increasing the moisture and reducing the inflammation of the skin. When used regularly it can completely cure the extreme skin conditions.
Read more- How To Grind Flaxseed!