Has your grandmother ever suggested you to use turmeric while having any cuts or for increasing your beauty? This might have shocked you, but it is true to a great extent. Apart from an important ingredient in the spices, turmeric has been used for decades for a number of cosmetic benefits and healing properties. Turmeric for a beautiful and flawless skin has been among the oldest solutions in the form of a bioactive ingredient.
Turmeric comes with a number of properties like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, lightening properties, anti-ageing, blood purifying, anti-viral, antibacterial, etc. due to which it is also used in various cosmetic products for avoiding unwanted chemicals.
Beyond the physical and mental health benefits it provides with, turmeric powder for skin also comes with an amazing effect on the skin.
Benefits of Turmeric for Skin-For a beautiful and flawless skin.
Thinking what benefits does turmeric powder bring to your skin? Let’s check out some of the turmeric benefits for skin.
1. For Wounds And Scars-Heals flawlessly.
Turmeric is filled with properties like anti-inflammatory and antiseptic that helps in working over the pores and scars on the skin by calming them. Again, when turmeric is used over wounds, it is likely to heal faster than other antiseptic creams or gels.
2. For Reducing Aging Factors
This is among the prime reasons for using turmeric for face. Turmeric is an anti-aging natural ingredient that works well on aging symptoms like fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, etc. the antioxidants in turmeric work on the skin cells and protect them from any kind of radical damage. This slows down the aging factors and smoothens the skin.
3. Beneficial For Cracked And Dry Skin-For a beautiful and flawless skin.
Do you know turmeric powder for skin is also beneficial for the cracked heels? Turmeric is surely not going to disappoint you. The healing properties of turmeric help in dealing with the cracked heels providing you with relief from the pain and harshness. Again, even for the dry skin, turmeric would help in moisturizing the skin leaving it soft and smooth.
4. Relief From Burns-Cools naturally.
Do you often get burns while working in the kitchen? Or does the sun keep disturbing your skin every now and then? Turmeric for skin is also helpful here. Turmeric is rich in various properties that not only smoothen the skin but also help in getting relief from both the types of burns giving it a cooling effect. Not only the burns, but turmeric also helps in eliminating the burn marks with ease.
5. To Eliminate The Stretch Marks-For a beautiful and flawless skin.
Stretch marks have been much irritating. It not only damages the structure of the skin but gives an awful look. To your surprise, the list of turmeric benefits for skin also includes relief from stretch marks. Using turmeric on a daily basis would slowly reduce the stretch marks.
6. Reducing Dark Circles-For a beautiful and flawless skin.
Are you suffering from dark circles? Tired of experimenting with different tricks for getting relief from the darkness around the eyes? Give the last try to turmeric powder. Turmeric comes in the form of a lightening and anti-inflammatory agent too. Using turmeric for the dark circles would not only reduce them slowly but would also work on the puffiness by increasing the blood circulation on that portion.
Apart from all these, the turmeric powder for skin is effective for acne, suntan, exfoliation, etc. gifting smooth and glowing skin in return.
Different Ways Of Using Turmeric For Face
Depending on the benefit you are willing to obtain from turmeric, it can be used in various ways in the form of face masks. Here are some of the widely used face masks using turmeric.
1. For Whitening The Skin-For a beautiful and flawless skin.
Turmeric powder helps in restoring the lost glow of the skin naturally. It helps in treating the skin tone and improves it giving you a bright look. Here is how you can use turmeric honey mask for whitening the skin tone.
- Take a bowl and add 1tsp of honey, 1tsp of milk and 1/4th tsp of turmeric powder in the bowl
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl well for making a smooth paste
- Apply the mask on the face and allow it to work for around 25 minutes
- Wash off the mask with normal water
For quick benefits, repeat the mask for around 3 to 4 times a week.
2. For Removing Sun tan
Turmeric for face is also amazing for getting rid of the suntan. The properties of the turmeric help in removing the suntan and the dullness of the face too. Here is how this can happen.
- Take a bowl and add a pinch of turmeric, 1 tsp of raw milk and 1tsp of lemon juice in it
- Mix all the ingredients properly in the bowl
- Apply the mixture on the face or on the affected portion of the face
- Allow it to dry naturally and wash it using cold water
Using the mask for around 2 to 3 times a week would help in getting the natural glow of the skin back.
3. For Exfoliation
Want to deal with the dead skin cells that are hiding your natural look? Turmeric powder for skin is a great natural exfoliator for removing them with ease. Here is what you need to do.
- Take a bowl to add 1tbsp of oatmeal, 1tbsp of masoor dal in powdered form and ½ tsp of turmeric powder in it
- Add some rose water or milk to the powders for making a smooth paste of it
- Apply the exfoliating mask on the face and leave it for few minutes
- Scrub the pack on the skin and wash off using normal water
This pack would not only exfoliate the skin but would deep clean the face leaving it soft.
Apart from this effective natural face masks, there are many more that help in cleaning, toning, and soothing the skin. There are many people who believe that using the turmeric powder for skin would turn the skin yellow, but the fact is that the masks are made up with a pinch of turmeric which doesn’t stain the face or lead to any harshness.
So, are you ready to use turmeric for skin for getting that natural looking skin! Write to us your comments and suggestions.
1. Can turmeric be harmful when used in masks or packs?
Ans: Yes, the people allergic to turmeric may face situations like swelling, redness, and irritation. It is better to take a skin test before using it.
2. Is turmeric helpful for skin irritation or other similar skin conditions?
Ans: Yes, turmeric is found helpful for various skin conditions like psoriasis, riddled skin, eczema, redness, irritations, etc. by calming the skin with the antibacterial anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Can turmeric help in preventing skin cancer?
Ans: Surprisingly, turmeric benefits for skin also includes prevention against skin cancer. Turmeric is rich in anti-cancer properties that are effective in killing the cells creating tumours. It is also effective in stopping the growth of the existing skin cancer too.
4. Can turmeric help in the treatment of Scabies?
Ans: Scabies bring rashes on the skin due to microscopic mites. The various properties of turmeric work on reducing the rashes on the skin effectively.
Read Next – Amazing and Effective Turmeric Masks for Acne!