Some Fun Facts Regarding Turmeric
- Turmeric is much helpful in digestion and also supports liver health.
- Turmeric is also used for getting rid of pain naturally.
- It is an essential ingredient for skin issues, popular for pimples.
- It is also used in the form of a natural dye for frosting the cupcakes and coloring the mustards.
- Surprisingly, turmeric also comes with antivenom properties that can cure bites of King Cobra.
- Turmeric was used around 4000 years back in India in the form of a culinary spice along with some religious importance during the Vedic culture.
- Nearly every sunscreen lotions or creams contain Turmeric as an essential ingredient.
- Turmeric ranks among the ingredients rich in Magnesium, Vitamin C, Potassium, and
- Turmeric is naturally strong as it comes with properties like antioxidants and anti-inflammatory.
- If your water-cooling radiator is leaking, adding a spoon of turmeric powder would stop the leakage.
- Turmeric helps in getting rid of that unwanted hair through a paste made from it.
- Turmeric was also used in the form of a natural dye for coloring the clothes.
Turmeric For Teeth Whitening – An Introduction
Many of you might have used Turmeric for a number of health and skin benefits, right? But have you ever read about turmeric teeth whitening benefits?
Turmeric is not only a popular spice that is used in the kitchen, but it is widely used for various healing purposes providing with herbal remedies for years. Even today, turmeric is used for various health benefits along with skin issues like for healing pain, for acne free skin, for digestive issues, etc. It is a natural ingredient and hence, it is quite safe to use for various home treatments.
Today, let’s learn how does turmeric whiten teeth and other related concepts for proper understanding.
How Can Turmeric Help You With Oral Benefits?
Does turmeric whiten teeth? There is a myth prevailing in the market that as the color of turmeric is yellow, it would leave its color behind on the teeth if used for oral benefits. What do you think, is this right?
The truth is that turmeric can also be used for a number of oral benefits, and teeth whitening is the prime among all. There are various dentists who recommend using turmeric powder for teeth whitening. This natural whitener comes with various helpful properties that work to provide your teeth with natural white color. Have a look at some commercials and you would come to know that various products have been using turmeric for obtaining benefits from it naturally.
Not only for obtaining turmeric teeth whitening benefit, but it is also helpful for other oral issues like gum pain, gingivitis, tooth enamel issues, receding gums, teeth inflammation, gum diseases, etc. The reason why it provides with bundles of benefits for oral health is the anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial herb properties it comes with. It is many times used by combining with coconut oil that helps in dealing with plague, gum issues,and cavities too.
How To Use Turmeric For Whitening Teeth?
Are you also thinking about how to whiten teeth with turmeric? It is much simpler to work with turmeric for whitening the teeth. However, it should be kept in mind that using turmeric for oral benefits is not the task of a single day. You need to have patience as the process takes a few days for providing with effective results as compared to other whitening products like the whitening strips.
Here are different ways of using turmeric powder for teeth whitening.
1. Add It To Your Tooth Brushing Process
This is among the simplest way of introducing turmeric for teeth whitening and other oral benefits. Here is how you can add turmeric to your tooth brushing routine.
- Take some pure turmeric powder in a small dish.
- Wet your toothbrush bristles and then dip the brush in the turmeric powder.
- Make sure you don’t dip the toothbrush directly in the container of turmeric as that would spread bacteria, so take some in a dish for use.
- Brush your teeth as you do every morning by spreading the powder properly on the gums and teeth.
- Allow the turmeric powder to set on the teeth for a minimum of 5 mins.
- Rinse out the turmeric powder from the mouth with water properly.
- Now use your regular toothpaste or tooth powder and brush your teeth again.
- Clean the leftover turmeric powder on the teeth properly while brushing the second time.
No doubt, this treatment would surely turn the bristles of the toothbrush yellow, but it would surely whiten your teeth. You might not love the raw taste of turmeric, for which you can add one or two drops of spearmint or peppermint extract to the turmeric for enhancing its taste.
2. Homemade Turmeric Paste
Yes, similar to other homemade packs and beauty creams, you can also make toothpaste using turmeric at home. Here is how to make the turmeric teeth whitening recipe.
- Take some pure turmeric powder of high quality and some coconut oil.
- Take around ¼ tsp of turmeric powder and 1/8 tsp of coconut oil in the melted form.
- If required add ¼ tsp of baking soda and 1 – 2 drops of mint extract for flavor purpose.
- Combine all the ingredient forming one smooth paste.
Just as using raw turmeric, the turmeric teeth whitening recipe would also turn your brush bristles yellow. But it would surely provide you with desired results similar to other tooth cleaning products.
Don’t want to go with homemade toothpaste? You can also look for turmeric teeth whitening ready-made products like toothpaste and tooth powders available in the market. However, it should also be marked that the ready-made toothpaste or powders may not contain turmeric in the portion they should include. Hence, it would take time in getting whitening results. No doubt, all the products containing turmeric for oral use would provide with similar benefits, people still prefer using the raw turmeric powder for quick and effective whitening benefits. Again, the powdered form would come with more turmeric content in it compared to the paste.
So, when are you thinking to start with the turmeric powder for teeth whitening? Let us know your experience in the comment section below.
Read Next – 9 Turmeric Benefits That You Must Know!