Table of Contents Hide
- Home Remedies for Blocked and Stuffy Nose
- 1. Steam, Steam, Steam
- 2. Mustard Oil
- 3. How To Get Rid of Nasal Congestion Using Basil?
- 4. How to Get Rid of Nasal Congestion Using Honey?
- 5. Lemon
- 6. How to Get Rid of Nasal Congestion Using Onion?
- 7. Soups for a Blocked and Stuffy Nose Treatment
- 8. Fenugreek Seeds
- 9. How to Get Rid of Nasal Congestion Using Pepper?
- 10. Tomato to Get Rid of Nasal Congestion
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Blocked and stuffy nose is very irritating, especially when your nose is running and it is stuffy. All the time you need to sit with a handkerchief and the nose turns red. If the symptoms continue for a longer duration, then the nose even starts running. The main reason behind stuffy nose is cold. Even your voice changes and you sound strange. The nasal congestion can occur due to allergies and mucus deposits. Let’s see how to get rid of nasal congestion!
The inner membrane of the nose swells up thereby making you feel very uncomfortable. Prolonged congestion may also result in breathing difficulties, sinus problems, mucus build up etc. which may further aggravate the condition. It is, therefore, important to take care of the blocked nose and it can be done by following simple home remedies.
If you are stuck on the question how to get rid of a stuffy nose, then click here for the perfect solutions.
Home Remedies for Blocked and Stuffy Nose
1. Steam, Steam, Steam
That’s right!! Steam is one of the best solutions for how to get rid of nasal congestion. It melts the mucus deposits in the nose and you feel at ease.
- Boil water in a container.
- Add peppermint oil or Vicks VapoRub to the boiling water.
- Cover your head with a towel and slowly inhale the steam.
Initially, it may have a burning sensation however slowly you will be able to inhale the steam and it provides instant relief from the nasal congestion.
You can follow this method as and when you like. When you see excessive mucus deposit in the nose, then this is an ideal home remedy to get relief instantly.
2. Mustard Oil
Mustard oil is considered to be very effective for cold and blocked nose.
- Slightly warm mustard oil in a container.
- Add crushed garlic to the oil and warm the mix further till garlic turns brown.
- Rub this mix on your hands and feet.
- Apply the oil on the upper and inner portion of the nose.
- Within few minutes, it will clear the blocked nose.
It is better to use this method before going to bed for more effectiveness. It also helps you to get a sound sleep.
3. How To Get Rid of Nasal Congestion Using Basil?
Basil is a wonderful herb and is known for its medicinal properties. It is equally effective for a blocked and stuffy nose.
Chew 3-4 basil leaves every day in an empty stomach to prevent cold and blocked nose. In the case of stuffy nose, it is ideal to drink basil herbal tea for relief.
How to Prepare Basil Herbal Tea?
- Basil leaves
- Pepper powder
- Boil water in a container.
- Take 3-4 basil leaves and add it to the hot water.
- Add crushed ginger, pepper powder to the water and allow the mix to boil for few minutes.
- Let it steep for some time and then strain the liquid.
- Add few drops of honey to this tea and drink 2-3 times in a day.
This method is not only useful to clear blocked nose but also helps in cold and prevents the occurrence of cold and blocked nose.
4. How to Get Rid of Nasal Congestion Using Honey?
Honey is well known for its antimicrobial properties and is ideal for running and stuffy nose.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to lukewarm water.
- Drink this liquid 2 times every day till you feel the difference.
- Squeeze one lemon and extract the fresh juice from it.
- Add a pinch of black pepper powder and salt to the juice.
- Mix well and apply this mix on the inner portion of the nostrils.
- Repeat this process daily and the stuffed nose will clear off completely.
6. How to Get Rid of Nasal Congestion Using Onion?
The smell of onion also helps to get rid of stuffy nose.
- Cut few slices of onion and smell the same from time to time to get rid of nasal congestion.
7. Soups for a Blocked and Stuffy Nose Treatment
Soups are excellent too for a blocked and stuffy nose. It helps to clear the stuffy nose in a natural way. Veg clear soup, hot and sour soups and even chicken soup has been found to be very effective for stuffy nose.
Add a lot of garlic and black pepper powder for increased effectiveness. This is a healthy and tasty way of clearing clogged nose.
8. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds also help to unclog the stuffy nose. It provides relief and also aids in the natural breathing process.
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water.
- Next morning, boil the water along with the seeds.
- Strain the liquid and drink it as the first thing in the morning to unclog blocked nose.
9. How to Get Rid of Nasal Congestion Using Pepper?
Pepper is excellent to get rid of stuffy nose. It helps to immediately unclog blocked nose.
- Take a teaspoon of pepper and honey in a cup.
- Add hot boiling water to the cup.
- Allow it to steep for some time
- Stir the mix well and drink this hot liquid 2 times in a day to get relief.
10. Tomato to Get Rid of Nasal Congestion
Tomato soup and juice is a great home remedy to get rid of nasal congestion.
How to Prepare Tomato Soup Easily at Home?
- Pepper powder
- Green chillies
- Boil tomatoes in a container and allow them to cool down.
- Blend the tomatoes thoroughly in a blender.
- Peel 5-6 garlic cloves and crush them properly.
- In a vessel, add 1 teaspoon of oil and add chopped green chillies and crushed garlic to it.
- Once the garlic turns brown, pour the tomato juice in the vessel.
- Add sufficient quantity of water to reduce consistency.
- Add salt and pepper powder, allow the mix to boil for few minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
Your tomato soup is now ready to consume. Drink this soup 2 times daily to prevent clogged nose.
Blocked and stuffy nose is a common symptom. Apart from the home remedies mentioned here, it is important to take a hot shower and keep yourselves hydrated all the time. Germs can also aggravate the condition; hence it is important to disinfect your clothes and bed linens. Maintain a proper hygiene to increase immunity. Also, you can use saline drops and inhalers to get rid of congestion and blockage.
Hope you have found this article useful. In the case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.