Table of Contents Hide
- Home Remedies For Burns
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Minor burn injuries are a common thing. No matter whether you are working in the kitchen or repairing your vehicle, getting burns on the hand is a definite. Minor burn injuries may be caused by excessive exposure to the sun for a long time, from hot objects, steam or hot liquids. These injuries are known as first degree burns and can be healed in the home itself. Medical aid is not required for the same. Hence we bring here home remedies for burns.
It is always important to attend to these minor burns as they may result in blisters if not treated in the right time. Initially, there will be pain and redness on the skin which will gradually turn black. It is necessary to keep in mind that how small or big the burn may be and how to soothe a burn. It requires immediate attention else it may aggravate the situation.
Here we list down some of the effective home remedies for burns which will not only provide relief from pain but also heal the injury in a short span of time.
Home Remedies For Burns
1. Aloe Vera – A Great Remedy For Burns
Aloe Vera widely known for its anti-inflammatory and tissue healing properties is a great remedy for minor burns. It acts as an astringent and reduces swelling and pain.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it from the center.
- Extract the fresh juice of the Aloe leaf.
- Apply it on the burns for immediate relief.
The Aloe vera gel provides respite from the pain and soothes the affected area. It has cooling properties and immediately cools down the burning sensation.
2. Cold Water Treatment
This is one of the simplest and quick home remedies for burns and to get relief from pain.
- Pour cold water on the burnt area continuously for some time till the burning sensation fades away completely.
- Cold water numbs the nerves and the pain will also subside gradually.
Please remember this is a temporary method to get rid of pain, however a permanent method to get relief from burning sensation.
3. How to Soothe a Burn Using Honey?
Honey has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It also acts fast to cure burn injuries.
- Take honey in a spoon and spread it evenly on a gauze bandage.
- Tie the bandage directly on the wound.
- Keep repeating this process twice daily.
Honey is also known for its moisturizing properties. In any injury, the wound extracts moisture from the nearby tissues. This makes the skin around the wound extremely dry. In the worst scenario, the wound may aggravate.
Honey provides the required moisture to the wound and helps it to heal fast.
4. Coconut Oil and Lemon
The two ingredients together do wonder on the burn injuries. They not only help to heal the burn but also fade the burn scars as well.
- Take coconut oil in a container.
- Add few drops of lime juice to it.
- Apply the mix to the burn injuries.
- Repeat this process daily several times in a day till the wounds are completely healed.
Coconut oil is rich in Vitamin E and fatty acid which is required by the skin to repair scar tissues. It also adds moisture to the skin.
As a caution, do not apply lime juice immediately to the burn injuries. It will increase the burning sensation beyond tolerance level.
5. How to Soothe a Burn Using Potato?
Potato has cooling properties in addition to anti-irritating properties and hence it is one of the excellent home remedies for burns.
You can use potato in 2 ways.
- Take a raw potato and grate it.
- Extract the juice of the raw potato.
- Soak a cotton ball in this juice and apply the same on the burns.
- Tie a gauze bandage around it to prevent leakage of the juice.
- Repeat this process several times in a day to get relief from pain and heal the burns in a natural way.
- Cut slices of raw potato and place them on the burn injury.
- Check from time to time that the potato juice is coming out of it.
- Once the potato slice becomes dry, replace it with another slice.
These methods are very effective to provide respite from pain and burning. Immediately follow this process once the burn occurs for more effectiveness.
Read on this article to know about turmeric benefits for skin and health…
6. Vinegar To Cure Burn Injuries
Vinegar can be used as an antiseptic liquid on the burn injury.
- Dilute vinegar in a sufficient water and wash the burned surface.
- The acidic properties of vinegar will help to heal the burn injuries and reduce inflammation.
- Also, soak a cloth in a vinegar solution and tie it around the affected area for better results.
You can also use apple cider vinegar for this purpose. Both white and apple cider vinegar equally benefit burn injuries.
7. Milk To Heals The Burn
Milk is useful to provide relief from pain and heals the burn in a natural way.
- Soak the affected areas in cold milk for some time.
- This will help to reduce the pain and swelling. It will also prevent chances of blistering and be aggravating the injury.
- If the burn has occurred in the area which cannot be soaked in milk, then pour chilled milk on the affected portion.
You can also apply fresh yogurt on the affected area. It provides coolness and you immediately get relief from the burns. It will also keep the burnt tissues hydrated.
8. How to Soothe a Burn Using Oats?
Oats are particularly helpful when the wound is healing. During healing, it results in excessive irritation.
- Soak oats in water overnight.
- Next morning apply a thin film of oats on the wound.
- Allow it to dry.
- It will reduce the irritation to a great extent.
If the burn area is large, then add baking soda to your bathtub and soak in it. This will reduce the swelling and prevent blisters from occurring.
9. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves have cooling properties and reduce the pain and burning sensation instantly.
- Crush mint leaves and apply the crushed leaves on the affected burn areas.
- Leave it for some time.
- The mint juice has excellent cooling nature and immediately brings down the burning in the affected area.
Onion has excellent healing properties and prevents the formation of blisters.
- Grate an onion and extract the juice from it.
- Soak a cotton ball and swab the cotton over the surface of the burnt area.
- It may initially burn more but then immediately soothes the injuries.
Minor burns can occur to anyone, be it adult or children. These home remedies for burns will heal the injuries and act as antiseptic for the injuries to prevent any form of infection.
You can also apply medicines on the burn injuries but the home remedies are as effective as the medicines. Hence, in case you do not have medicines available in your home try our home remedies for the burn injuries and get relief.
Hope you have found this article useful. In the case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.