Acnes are one of the common skin problems where most of the people have experienced it. Acnes over the chin makes you feel embarrassing. If it is left undressed, it might make the condition worse.
There are many natural home remedies to treat chin acne. Here we have enclosed with the causes for the acne together with its home remedies. Have a look at it and get benefited!
What is Acne?
Acne is an inflammatory and chronic condition of skin affecting most of the people. It is considered as the most common skin problems. Acne leads to black spots and pimples over the skin. We can find acne on chin, face, chest, butt, upper back, etc. Acne on forehead are called forehead acne. Mostly the teenagers are affected with acne.
Causes of Acne
When the skin pores get clogged with bacteria, dirt and dead skin cells, it leads to the Propionibacterium growth in the sebaceous glands.
Even the oily skin has an influence on the cause of acne as the skin pore is linked with the sebaceous gland. This gland is responsible for the production of sebum, oily substance. Excess sebum (oil) plugs up the pores which initiate the growth of bacteria and acne, leads to the excessive emergence of acne.
Other factors to the development of acne which includes hormonal imbalance and its changes, genetics, stress, diet and infections.
What is Chin Acne?
Acne present over chin region is the chin acne. There is a T zone on your face which includes forehead, nose,area around the mouth and finally chin. T zone is the area of higher oil content. Chin, a part of T zone also has a greater possibility for the formation of acne.
Sweating over these areas and transforming the dirt to the chin by resting your hands over it also paves a path for chin acne. This may lead to the breakout of cystic acne on chin, pimples and whiteheads.
Chin Acne Causes
Insufficient sleep – Causes skin abnormalities and elevates blood glucose levels in your body which causes chin acne.
Maintaining the PH of skin – Some skin products which do not maintain the pH of skin. The acidic nature of our skin saves it from the bacteria which cause acne.
Stress – Stress is considered as one of the causative reasons for the formation of acne. Increase in stress obviously increases the cortisol level in your body. This leads to the production of excess oil in your skin, causing chin acne.
Oral Medicaments – Medicines like steroids, anti-depressants, contraceptives, vitamin B supplements can cause acne as their side effects.
Hormonal Imbalance – Hormonal fluctuation during menstruation, pregnancy, lactation, menopause etc., can cause acne which mainly includes acne on chin. This also includes other hormonal issues like poly cystic ovary (PCO).
Natural Home Remedies for Chin Acne
You can go with specific natural remedies in order to balance the oil level in your skin, toward off the bacteria over the pores and to reduce the inflammation.
Here we have attached with certain natural home remedies to get rid of chin acne. Hope you find it useful!
1. Applying Ice
- Ice reduces the size, pain and redness of the acne.
- Have about4 to 5 ice cubes and a clean cloth, preferably cotton.
- Pack the ice cubes into cotton cloth and tie it.
- Press it over the chin acne areas.
- You may feel numb.
- Repeat it for about 5 minutes.
- Do this twice by morning and evening for better results.
- Nowadays aloevera is used in most of the skin care products such as soaps, lotions,ointments, creams etc.,
- Aloevera helps in wound healing and wards off inflammation.
- It is used to treat many skin problems like burns, rashes and abrasions.
- Aloe vera contains salicylic acid that treats acne effectively.
- Take the aleovera leaf and scrape the gel out of it.
- You can apply the gel directly on the affected region. Repeat it twice a day for effective results.
- Steam opens up the pores and clears it off.
- Arrange for the hot water, bowl and towel.
- Have the hot water in a bowl.
- Cover yourself with a towel along with the bowl containing hot water.
- Bend your face towards hot water and stay for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse your face with cold water and wipe with a towel.
- Repeat this thrice in a week for an effective result.
- Lemon juice is acidic in nature and has the anti-bacterial effect.
- This clears off the bacteria, dirt and dead cells which get clogged into the skin pores.
- Take a lemon and bowl.
- Squeeze half of the lemon into the bowl.
- Just apply the lemon juice on the chin acne with a piece of cotton.
- Let it be for 15minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Repeat this once per day till you see the results.
5. Coconut oil
- Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds which have the pot ential to destroy acne-causing bacteria.
- It even reduces the redness and swelling associated with chin acne by uplifting the healing process of opened acne sores.
- Try to get pure virgin coconut oil and apply it on the acne.
- Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which have the ability to kill the bacteria causing acne.
- Its antioxidant property eliminates free radicals which protect your skin.
- Take a tablespoon of cinnamon powder and add water to it.
- Mix it to form a thick paste.
- Now apply this paste over the chin acne.
- Leave it for about10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Do this twice in a week for better results.
- Papaya contains papain and chymopapain, enzymes which help to clear out the infection of acne.
- It even unclogs pores, tossing away the chin acnes.
- Get a bowl of cut papaya cubes.
- Blend it in a blender till you get a paste consistency.
- Spread this paste on the chin acne for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes,wash it with cold water.
- Go ahead with this procedure thrice in a week to kick off your acnes on chin.
- The antiseptic properties of garlic defend the bacteria causing chin acne.
- It also contains sulfur and has the capability to heal the acne quickly.
- Get a garlic clove and slice it into two halves.
- Now you can rub the cut end of the garlic so that the juice can be applied directly over the acne.
- Leave it for 5minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Repeat it till you see the results.
9. Orange Peel
- Orange peel promotes the growth of new cells.
- It is also associated with antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- Have a bowl of dried orange peels.
- Blend the orange peels in a blender to a fine powder.
- Add water and mix it to paste.
- Apply this on the affected area and leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water.
- Continue it for twice or thrice in a week.
- Cucumber provides you with a soothing effect.
- It prevents the oily skin and acne breakouts.
- Place the sliced cucumber on the affected region.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it.
- Strawberries clear off dead skin cells due to the presence of alpha-hydroxy acid in it.
- It also helps the regeneration of new skin cells and prevents surplus oil secretion.
- Get 4 to 5strawberries.
- Blend the strawberries to form a fine paste.
- Apply it and leave it for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water.
- Try it thrice in a week for an added effect.
- Honey is packed with anti microbial and wound-healing remedy.
- It contains anti-oxidants which even clear out the clogged pores.
- In the previous article, we have discussed the benefits of manuka honey for skin.
- Manuka honey is one of the popular remedies for chin acne.
- Just apply manuka honey on the chin acne and leave it for about 30 minutes and rinse it.
13. Mint Leaves
- Mint leaves help out in controlling the secretion of excess oil.
- It even dries up the acne.
- Get a bowl of mint leaves.
- Grind it in a food processor to form a fine paste.
- Apply this paste thrice in a week on the affected region.
- Beside these remedies, you can also go with sugar, pure bee venom, green tea, tea tree oiletc., to kick away the acnes on chin.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any tip to prevent chin acne?
- Have a good sleep of about 8 hours.
- Don’t place yourh ands on chin.
- Do not rub and squeeze the acne.
- Have face wash twice a day.
- Often clean your mobiles.
- Stay stress-free and engage yourself by doing exercise, meditation and yoga.
2. What is cystic acne?
A cyst is nothing but a sac which is filled with air or fluid containing pus. Cystic acne is the condition where the cyst develops deep inside your skin. This occurs due to the entrapment of bacteria, oil, and dry skin cells into the skin pores.
3. How to identify the cystic acne from a normal one?
Cystic acne gives you the appearance of aboil, like a white bump surrounded with redness and it leaves you with pain on touch. These are the characteristic features of cystic acne.
Get a glowing and clear face by following the tips and the amazing natural home remedies to get rid of acne on chin.
Read Next – How to Get Rid of Blackheads On Chin?