Table of Contents Hide
- Laser Skin Tightening: What It Actually Is?
- How Is It Done?
- What Are The Side Effects?
- Cost Of Laser Skin Tightening
- Risks Related To Laser Skin Tightening Treatment
- Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening
- Some Important Points To Keep In Mind
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
One of the nightmares in the life of a woman is the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines over the face. This usually happens because of ageing. Over time, the skin starts to lose its firmness and areas nearby to the nose and mouthfeel like dropping. This shows up in the form of wrinkles and certain lines that look awful. You can literally see yourself getting aged and no part of it is good. When absolutely no number of face masks or skin creams seem to fix this problem. Your only easy solution to this is Laser Skin Tightening treatment. And following is your complete guide to the same.
- Minor skin loosening can be fixed with an improved diet plan, face masks and various anti-ageing face creams. However, at a certain age, it is impossible to combat skin loosening by any of these methods. Usually, people between the age 30 to 60 are the ideal age group to undergo this treatment.
- Some people go for surgeries in order to fix this problem. But if you are looking for a process that is pain-free and easy to go, then laser skin tightening is the best technique to go with.
- Laser skin tightening is not only meant for just the face. It can be used as a treatment for skin loosening on any part of the body. Some people fix the tummy bulging problem by this method. This is also a popular treatment to deal with acne marks and stretch marks.
- Although this treatment may sound a bit scary by its name, it really isn’t. In fact, it is a very simple process which doesn’t even takes much time to complete. It is usually done in sessions. You can choose to opt for more than one session if you are aiming for multiple body parts to get tightened.
- Normally, this is not supposed to have side effects, but may contain a few, depending on certain factors. This has been discussed in detail below.
- Before going through this treatment, always consult your skin doctor first, just to be sure.
With that being said, you need to know as much as you can about this laser skin treatment. Let’s start with the ‘What?’.
Laser Skin Tightening: What It Actually Is?
Laser skin tightening is simply a procedure that uses an infrared light source to tighten the skin and remove the presence of any wrinkles and lines over the face or the skin anywhere else. This is done when the infrared waves heat up the collagen that is present on the surface of the skin. This cause the skin to contract and hence the wrinkles and lines seem to disappear. This procedure requires no surgical processes. This process is free of any painful processes. It could only cause minor side effects which usually disappear after a few hours of the treatment. The best thing about this treatment is that you can immediately start to see the results when the process is completed. Further results appear over the span of 2-3 months. However, the immediate result is one of its features because of which this technique is getting popular.
How Is It Done?
The Laser Treatment for Face usually occurs in sessions. These sessions are carried out at a dermatologist’s office.
- First off, the dermatologist applies an anaesthetic cream over the skin area which will be treated.
- To expose the skin to the laser source, a handpiece is aimed at the skin where small pulses of laser energy is applied to it.
- The laser also gives out continuous cool air bursts so that the patient doesn’t feel uncomfortable. This is important to prevent the skin epidermis from burning. Therefore, a regular cool-off will be given to the patient to remove any such possibilities.
- It is usually required that the area to be treated in gone over about 3 times before the session can be accounted as complete.
- Each session can generally last for about 30 minutes. The time of this session is dependent on the size of the skin area being treated and can increase for a larger area.
There is no resting period required after this treatment. People can immediately continue with their work and usual chores.
What Are The Side Effects?
In most cases, there are minor side effects that tend to appear after laser skin tightening treatment. These may include redness over the skin area that was treated, a warm feeling on the skin or even swelling. But there is nothing to worry about since these side effects disappear on their own after a few hours of the treatment. There is nothing to be concerned about because these minor side effects are normal to occur.
Cost Of Laser Skin Tightening
Laser skin tightening can be aimed for any body part to get rid of the loose and wrinkle-prone skin. The cost of this treatment may vary from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. The real cost is dependent on 3 factors.
- Area of the skin being treated.
- Location of the treatment area.
- Type of laser being used.
Financing options are available in the form of packages. Patients can go on choosing the ideal package that they can afford. Laser treatment for face can cost anywhere ranging from $800 to $1200 for one session. The amount can go up or down according to the area of the skin being treated.
Risks Related To Laser Skin Tightening Treatment
When undergoing a laser skin treatment, minor side effects are normal. However, it really depends on the skin type of patient whether they will be exposed to any risks or not. It is best to first get your skin tested and confirm with your doctor about the safety of this procedure for your skin. Some of the risks related to laser skin tightening mentioned as follows.
1. Change In Colour Of The Skin-
The laser used while treatment is capable of destroying the skin cell structure present beneath the skin surface. As a result, the skin cells that produce melanin which is a component responsible for giving the skin its colour can get destroyed. This could result in dark patches or light patches or an uneven skin tone.
2. Skin Bruising-
As an effect of laser, the skin cells present beneath the surface are disrupted. This can also result in damaging the skin tissue which is turn causes blood vessels beneath the first layer of the skin to get ruptured. This whole thing bruises the skin which causes a very bad effect. Sometimes, minor bruising of the skin fades after a few days.
3. Skin Swelling-
Swelling of the treated skin area is a minor side effect of this process. This is not very serious as minor swelling is normal and will disappear on its own after a few hours.
4. Medication Reactions-
If the patient is on a certain type of skin medication such as anything related to acne medications, the laser skin treatment may react in a negative way with the skin area being treated. Normally, pregnant women are advised to stay away from such treatments. These issues must be discussed beforehand with a professional to stay away from any possible risks.
Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening
The growing popularity of laser skin treatment is seemingly visible now. This is because of the many benefits that this technique holds. Apart from being a great substitute for the surgical skin tightening treatments, there are many benefits related to this technique. They are mentioned as follows.
1. Immediate Results-
You don’t need to wait for any amount of time before you can begin to see the result of your treatment. On the contrary, the results are visible on your treated area as soon as the treatment is completed. Your skin will feel tight, the wrinkles and lines that were showing before will be gone and your skin will feel softer than before. However, the results keep on improving with the coming few months. Your skin will feel rejuvenated and will keep getting better over time.
2. Zero Downtime-
Unlike the surgical methods that require you to rest and step away from your normal life to recover, laser skin treatment is free of such implications. There is absolutely zero downtime after a laser treatment and you can immediately return to your normal work routine without any visible recollections of the surgery been had.
3. Long Lasting Results-
The results of laser skin treatment tend to stay on for a long period of time. You can make your sessions regular between months to ensure the ever-lasting results of this treatment too.
4. Suitable For Other Body Parts-This treatment in not only restricted to treating the wrinkles and lines on your face. You can use the laser skin tightening process to get rid of wrinkles from any other parts of your body too. This is completely safe and same as that when used on the facial skin.
5. Used To Remove All Body Marks-
Often a woman’s body has some ugly birthmarks or stretch marks on various body parts. These too can be treated with the help of this laser treatment. Even rigorous acne marks can be made to disappear with the laser technique.
Some Important Points To Keep In Mind
Before you go for a laser skin treatment, you need to go through some important guidelines. Make sure to meet with each of them before committing to this process.
- First and the foremost, you need to check thoroughly with your dermatologist or any other skin doctor for your skin type, your on-going medications or any other factor related to this process. You must get professional help and make sure that this process proves out to be healthy and safe for you.
- Before the start of this treatment, you must not be wearing any makeup or moisturiser. Your skin must be washed and clean before the process starts.
- If you are on some serious medications for anything, bring it to the practitioner’s notice or consult a professional beforehand.
So, these were some of the basic things you need to know about the Laser Skin Tightening treatment. We advise you to be careful and go through each and every aspect carefully before you can make an informed decision. As easy as this process is, considering all kinds of risks and requirements is equally necessary.