Being a diabetic becomes quite troublesome when it comes to food! Once you get affected with diabetes, the delicious carbohydrate rich and sugary foods would get eliminated from your diet! What you eat is extremely important to consider since food is the basic element which can raise or lower down your diabetes levels! Here we are discussing some tasty as well as important fruits that all the diabetic patients can have. Have a look at the list of fruits for diabetics.
Diabetes is caused due to high blood sugar levels and fruits are said to have natural sugar. In such cases, it is hard to identify which fruits should be eaten by diabetic patients which shouldn’t be. Here is a simple guide which you can follow to solve your dilemma! Before we start lets have look at some important points we will be discussing in this article.
- What is blood sugar?
- How is sugar absorbed in the blood?
- How diabetes and sugar are related and how fruits are good for diabetics?
- Why are some fruits not harmful to diabetic people?
- Amazing fruits for diabetics those are safe to consume.
What Is Blood Sugar?
- Blood sugar is the sugar which is supplied in each and every cell of the human body to generate energy. This sugar is prepared from the food we eat daily and it is immensely important to maintain the correct blood sugar level.
- Imbalance in blood sugar level can cause abnormalities in the body functioning. It can invite various disease and metabolic consequences!
- Also, it resists the production of insulin which is the most important factor for fighting diabetes.
- Thus, diabetes is a result of high blood sugar levels and decreased production of insulin which can result in various life threatening conditions!
How is Sugar Absorbed in the Blood?
Generally, sugar gets transformed into the blood glucose which if gets imbalanced, can cause fat and low insulin production. We all live with a misconception that eating more sugar can cause high blood sugar and can raise diabetes levels but the truth is, eating any carbohydrate rich food will increase diabetes and get you more ill. Any food rich in carbs and calories would transform into high blood sugar and would affect your body’s insulin production.
Thus, reduce sugar which consists lot of calories along with carbohydrate rich foods which can harm you!
How Diabetes And Sugar Are Related And How Fruits Are Good For Diabetics?
Now that we know, it is not just sugar but all foods which are high in calories and carbohydrates that affect diabetic people, we must know benefits of fruits for diabetics through they are rich with natural sugar!
- Sugar has very low nutritional value and can just fill your body with more calories!
- The foods or fruits which consist of other nutrients along with sugar are not as harmful as pure sugar because they won’t harm the blood sugar level as pure sugar.
- The sugar levels in fruits are less while fruits are rich with fiber. These fibers prevent the absorption of sugar in the blood.
- Reduced absorption of sugar would help in controlling blood sugar levels and keep you away from diabetes and thus, the sugar in fruits is not that harmful but the fiber and nutrients in it are important for the body!
Why Are Some Fruits Not Harmful to Diabetic People?
As discussed earlier fruits add some other essential nutrients to the body along with natural sugar.
- Fruits play a very important role in the diet of diabetics. People suffering from diabetes need to follow a healthy diet chart which can control their blood sugar levels.
- Some fruits consist of a lot of water and fiber. These fruits are immensely helpful in reducing the consumption of sugar which leads to balanced blood sugar levels.
- Also they help in digestion as they are filled with fiber and water. Thus, these fruits would balance the blood glucose levels and would fill your body with essential minerals.
Let’s have a look at the list of such amazing and helpful Fruits For Diabetics.
Which Fruits should Diabetics Eat? Useful Fruits For Diabetics
- Wondering why pomegranate is advised so much to the diabetic people? There are studies which show that pomegranate juice targets the most important aspect which can fight diabetes!
- Pomegranate juice is a wonder ingredient as it targets the cholesterol levels and reduces it which acts as the best escape from diabetes.
- It is because of the high cholesterol levels and fat which creates imbalance in the blood sugar levels and causes diabetes.
- A glass full of pomegranate juice daily reduces the cholesterol levels, keeps your digestive system function and reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Thus, you must consume a glass of this juice daily to fight diabetes and also to eliminate other disease related to high cholesterol levels!
- We all know that bananas are filled with calories and carbs but it is quite less than what we eat on the daily basis
- Bananas are just not fatty but they also consist of some essential nutrients which can keep your blood sugar levels well balanced!
- They consist of very few calories than the heavy and fatty foods we eat during meals.
- Also, they are rich with both, potassium and magnesium which take their duties to control your blood pressures very seriously!
- Eat one medium banana daily and feel refreshing all the daylong!
- They would provide you enough energy and would also fight the side effects. What a wonderful fruit!
- Berries are the winner among the ideal fruits for diabetics. They are filled with anti-oxidants our body loves! They have a different freshness and splash of healing people!
- Consider strawberries, black berries or blueberries, they are enriched with nutrients which can prevent the imbalance of blood sugar and can also prevent you from bad consequences!
- The berries protect your heart from high cholesterol levels and also enhances the good cholesterol which makes you stay fit.
- They are loaded with vitamins, iron, fiber and fluids which can improve your digestion and treat your stomach!
- Eat a bowl of berries and blast your mouth with this delicious fruit and keep going!
- Just like the berries, grapes are too filled with anti-oxidants and refreshing agents which can nourish your body and make you feel great!
- Also, it is beneficial to drink or consume them with different low carb ingredients to balance the nutritional value.
- It is identified that consumption of grapes can reduce the spread and intensity of diabetes. Also, it can prevent you from getting affected with type 2 diabetes which is the more serious condition.
- It also helps in controlling the resistance in the production of insulin.
- This is a phenomenon which is caused by diabetes and thus it is important to consume grapes!
- People are generally concerned with the high sugar levels of this fruit. The worry is simply justifiable as it consists of a lot of sugar which can harm diabetics.
- However, limited consumption can get you awesome results and fill your body with nutrients.
- Oranges are filled with vitamin C and fiber which act as awesome ingredients for the digestive system.
- These elements can help in digesting the foods easily and also absorb the nutrients from food as desired.
- These nutrients in oranges can activate your immune system and prevent it from various diseases which you are at a risk if you have diabetes.
- The sugar in oranges is balanced and would not intensify the conversion into high blood sugar levels.
- If not daily, 3 to 4 times a week, you must consume oranges to amplify your digestive system and make it work exceptionally well!
- Now that we know, more than the sugar levels, the calorie content of the fruits and food matter for the diabetic people
- It’s more the amount of carbohydrates and calories which matters rather than the sugar. Though, if you are looking for a low-calorie fruit which you can consume if you have diabetes, watermelons are a good option
- Watermelons consist of vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium which help the body in maintaining the blood pressure and also keep heart disease at a bay.
- Also, the sugar levels in watermelon can be balanced if you consume it with a healthy meal. Keep your diet balanced when it comes to calories and carbs. Watermelons are low in calories and thus won’t harm your body as the processed sugary foods.
- 3-4 times a week, you can grab one bowl watermelon to absorb all the nutrients and feel refreshed!
- The fluids in this delicious fruit would remove all the toxic substances out of your body and would make you feel light and energetic!
- If you have heard a lot about the digestive miracles papayas can do to your body, you must love it for its other cool benefits!
- Also, if you are a diabetic and love papayas, no need to compromise with your favorite fruit as eating papayas would only reduce the risks associated to diabetes!
- Papayas are filled with vitamins and carotene which are important minerals for our body. Diabetics are at a risk of obesity, heart issues and such dangerous disease.
- Papayas can help in lowering these risks and prevent the cells from getting damaged!
- Also, it is extremely low in sugar and thus, your body would absorb all the nutrients from this fruit and benefit your body.
- Papayas are filled with fibers which can help in aiding digestion and would keep your metabolism boosted.
- For diabetics, this is one of the strongest risks to get affected from disease! Papayas would prevent the diabetes form increasing as well it will protect your digestive system from getting damaged!
- Consume a little bowl of papayas daily and fill your body with enriching nutrients!
Are you pregnant and suffering from diabetes? Here are the tips to take care.
- Love the mesmerizing pin shade and utterly juicy taste of this fruit? You will love it more after knowing its benefits for diabetics!
- Guavas are the fruits which can make your body super healthy and your immune system strong as never before!
- It is a fruit which is rich with anti-oxidants and would keep your immune system active!
- Sugar absorption is one of the major issues for diabetics. If you are concerned with this issue, guavas reduce the absorption of sugar in your blood and would help in absorbing the nutrients!
- It also consists of awesome dietary fibers which help in absorbing nutrients from the foods and would keep your digestive system perfectly working!
- The cell damage which is caused due to diabetes can also be prevented by guavas!
- Avocados are rich in nutrients and low in calories which are the plus points of this fruit! You can consume it without any fear and also fight diabetes!
- Doctors always advise people with diabetes to control their blood sugar levels.
- Avocados help in maintaining the blood sugar and prevent the sugar to get into the blood.
- It is extremely low in carbohydrates which is the best thing about avocados that would help people to keep healthy!
- Avocados are also filled with fibers and nutrients which your body needs to function properly.
- Also, it provides resistance to various other diseases and makes your immune system completely functional!
- Fresh and delicious peaches can make anybody feel hungry! These sweet and yummy fruits for diabetics are also very helpful.
- You can consume 1 bowl peaches every alternate day and replenish your body with amazing minerals and fluids.
- They can help in fighting diabetes, obesity and such harmful disease and thus you must include them in your diet.
- Also instead of butter cheese and such carbohydrate rich foods, you can consume a bowl of peaches which would prevent high blood sugar and would also make you feel lighter!
- Filled with vitamins and nutrients which can promote healthy life, this fruit is an amazing option which you can consume to fight high blood sugar and the vital conditions of diabetes!
- Apricots are filled with nutrients which can help in preventing the blood sugar levels to rise they are sweet and nutritious fruits for diabetics which are safe.
- Filled with vitamins, manganese, potassium, copper and such minerals which will fill you with nutrients and keep your body healthy.
- If you have the worst record of high blood sugar levels, you can consume and replace the carb rich fruits with apricots and keep your immune system active.
- Apricots are filled with fibers which can help in controlling the release of sugar in your blood and keeps your blood sugar levels low!
- It also consists of vitamin E which works as a preventing measure for high cholesterol, obesity and such conditions!
- Apples have low-fat content and are filled with rich minerals which make it so widely consumed.
- Apples are loaded with fresh nutrients which can fight various diseases and prevent your immune system to get damaged.
- Also, it consists of anti-oxidants which can nourish your body and help in absorbing the nutrients from the food you consume.
- The nutrients and minerals in apples can help in lowering the risk of high blood pressure, high sugar, obesity and such issues if you are suffering from diabetes already!
- Insulin is an element which prevents the food to get converted into excess blood sugar and also helps in preventing the sugar levels in your blood to get high!
- The insulin levels in the patients suffering from type 2 diabetes are extremely low and the body does not respond to this element.
- In such cases, it is extremely important to maintain correct blood sugar levels to stay healthy!
- Pears consist of fiber, protein, little carbohydrates, and vitamins which can balance the blood sugar levels and also would prevent them from increasing!
- This high fiber does helps your body to calm down and reach a soothing stage where your body and digestive system works efficiently and also helps in absorbing the nutrients easily!
- Thus, go for pears and enjoy this sweet delicious fruit instead of the heavy carbohydrate foods which can worsen your diabetes!
- We love this delicious and sweety fruit which is a perfect treat for our taste buds! It is a healthy and simple option for diabetics!
- Pineapples are filled with nutrients which can control the levels of blood sugar and can also help you stay fit!
- It is loaded with vitamin C and sodium which helps in lowering blood sugar, blood pressure and keeps you healthy!
- Thus, pineapples are one of the safe and best options to fill your body with nutrients while you are suffering from diabetes!
Diabetes is one of the life changing and threatening disease. If you are already suffering from this disease, you must know the complications! Diet and digestion are the two pillars through which diabetes and its adverse effects can be prevented!
Fruits are the best option for diabetics as it provides low carbs and calories than the foods we eat on the regular basis. Also, add these fruits in your meal to get nutritious benefits! Live a healthy and fit life while consuming these rich foods!