Let’s Explore 5 Healthy Juices to Fight Diabetes!
Juices are considered as healthy and nutritious contributors for the body. Particularly, if a person does not like a specific fruit or vegetable, then he or she can make a delicious juice out of it. Nowadays, juices of carrot, fruits, cucumber, etc. are available along with a roadside and also in malls. People are shifting their perception of a healthy beverage. Instead of opting for a soft drink, they prefer a juice. In this article, we will know about the healthy juices to fight diabetes.
Diabetes is a dangerous hazard for a human being. A diabetic person is always in confusion which fruits or vegetables can be consumed. He is not allowed to consume sugar in any form. However, a diabetic person can definitely consume sugar contained in fruits and vegetables by juicing them. So let’s see how you can fight diabetes with the help of these healthy juices!
Juices of fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidant properties and phytochemicals which help in regulation of blood glucose levels in the body. Surprisingly, these juices contribute significantly to the weight loss of a person. A person suffering from diabetes need to understand which juices will help him or her in regulating blood sugar levels, and what are the essential nutrients in it.
The objective in consuming juices should be to regulate blood sugar level and to supply essential nutrients to the body. Though there are many juices useful for a diabetic person, let us go through some of the 5 Healthy juices to fight Diabetes.
Here are some best foods for diabetics that will surely lower blood sugar…
5 Healthy Juices to Fight Diabetes
1. Bitter Gourd Juice Benefits
This is nothing but our own karela juice. Yes, it tastes bitter and awful. A sip of karela juice can make you feel uneasy but you need to know the health benefits of bitter gourd juice.
How Bitter Gourd Juice Helpful for Persons Suffering from Diabetes?
- It helps in controlling type I and type II diabetes.
- It has a major impact on the glucose metabolism of the body and not just on a single tissue or cell. Thus, it works throughout the body organs.
- It helps in secreting insulin in the pancreas. This is a significant function of bitter gourd.
- It assists in the prevention of insulin resistance.
How to Prepare Bitter Gourd Juice?
Take a bitter gourd and cut it into a half. Peel out the skin and remove the seeds. Soak the leftover portion in water and add a pinch of salt and turmeric into it. Keep it soaked for 10 to 15 minutes. Later, slice the bitter gourd and mix it in the juicer with water as needed.
2. Carrot Juice To Fight Diabetes
We all know that certain fruits and vegetables are comprised of sugar content. Hence, diabetic patients need to take care of glycemic index.
How Carrot Juice Helpful for Persons Suffering from Diabetes?
- They are fortified with essential vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin C.
- It is comprised of potassium and calcium.
- Though their glycemic index is similar to that of sugar, it takes much time to increase the blood sugar levels. Hence, diabetics must eat carrots in moderate amounts.
How to Prepare Carrot Juice?
Make a juice of out of peeled carrot, lemon, tomato, beetroot, cucumber and pinch of salt. This juice will help in regulating blood sugar levels.
3. Beetroot Juice Benefits
Beetroot is commonly consumed by people. We all are aware of benefits of Beetroot in treating anemia. But it also plays an important role in regulating sugar levels in diabetics.
How Beetroot Juice Helpful for Persons Suffering from Diabetes?
- If beetroot is regularly consumed, then it helps in preventing type II diabetes.
- Due to the betaine content in beetroots, it helps in mitigation of fatty collection in the body.
- As the glycemic index of beetroot is moderate, it does not cause a sudden increase in the blood sugar levels in the body.
- Beetroot juice during breakfast time decreases the speed at which sugar is absorbed into the blood. Hence, it is advisable to not to consume beetroot juice during meals.
How to Prepare Beetroot Juice?
Juice a medium-sized beetroot in the mixer. Later, put an apple, and lemon juice into it. This is the best kind of beetroot juice for a person suffering from diabetes. As beetroot tastes pungent, it is better to add salt or lemon juice for changing its taste.
4. Orange Juice To Fight Diabetes
We have seen juices of vegetables and salads. Now, let us turn to the most popular form of juices – the fruit juices. As we are talking about orange juice, let us be clear that we are talking about fresh orange juice and not the canned juices. Over-the-counter orange or other fruit juices contain a large amount of processed sugar which is harmful to the body.
How Orange Juice Helpful for Persons Suffering from Diabetes?
- Oranges contain sugar, hence it is better to eat them moderately. One needs to observe the quantity, organs consumed by a diabetic.
- Oranges are rich in Vitamin C content and improve functioning of blood vessels.
- The antioxidant properties of oranges help in protecting the body from any kind of external damage.
How to Prepare Orange Juice?
The simplest method of preparing orange juice is to squeeze it from fresh oranges and drink it without adding sugar. For additional taste, one can also add the juice of unsweetened strawberries into the orange juice.
5. Lemon Juice To Fight Diabetes
Generally, lemons are useful for a healthy body because of its antioxidant content. But research shows that lemon juice is useful for persons suffering from diabetes to a large extent.
How is Lemon Juice Helpful for Persons Suffering from Diabetes?
- It has a low glycemic index. Hence, it does not increase the glucose levels of a diabetic.
- Lemon juice can be added to other fruit or vegetable juices for enhancing the taste.
- Lemons helps in improving the functioning of liver and secretion of digestive juices.
- Lemon juice throws away the toxins from the body through urination.
How to Prepare Lemon Juice?
Simply squeeze lemons and add it to one cup of water. The best way is to add lemon juice to other juices.
Thus, these juices are the best solution for enhancing your existing diet regime. This does not mean that diabetic patients must consume only these juices. On the other hand, these juices will extract the vital elements from the respective fruits and vegetables and deliver it to the body for regulating blood sugar levels.