Most Important Acupressure Points for Headache!
Is a headache or a migraine troubling you from your daily activities? That continuous hammer shots on your head, are they irritating you every next day? You are not alone facing this problem. According to a survey, 7 out of 10 people suffer from frequent headaches or a migraine. And a common therapy or solution they go for is medicines. However, with the increasing trend of going for natural remedies has come with a deep impact on other supplement treatments, and pressure points for headache are one of the widely used options.
Today, let’s check out why acupressure is gaining popularity in the treatment of acupressure. But before that, we need to understand what acupressure is actually.
What is Acupressure treatment? Does it cure a headache and migraine problems?
Acupressure is a gift to the world from China, which helps in healing various health issues through particular pressure points in the body. The therapy or treatment is carried out by providing pressure to particular body parts which have a connection with the area of pain. With the help of acupressure, nearly every health issue can be cured easily.
A headache is among the common health issues that are grabbing its hand over various people for different reasons. Some of the common reasons leading to a headache include hormonal changes, eating habits, work stress, depression, alcohol, sleeping problems, smoking, tobacco, and whatnot. Nearly every individual would look for a painkiller when suffering from a headache for quick relief. But now, acupressure points for headache is becoming the latest and natural way of treatment. There are various people who have started using the technique globally.
5 Most Important Acupressure Points for Headache
There are some particular body areas which when pressured help in clearing the meridians that are blocked leading to a headache. Doing so allows the flow of energy freely in the whole body which helps in the releasing of endorphins which work as a natural healer.
Here are five important regions you need to focus on for a headache.
1. The Union Valley
This headache relief pressure points are situated in between the index finger and the thumb. This kind of treatment is helpful in relieving tension on the neck and back side which is related to a headache. Here is how you can get relief from a headache with the help of the Union Valley pressure point.
- The first step is to pinch the area gently using the thumb and index finger of the other hand for around 10 minutes.
- Secondly, form small circles using your thumb on the area in a single direction, and then the reverse direction for around 10 seconds for each round.
- Repeat the first and the second step on the other hand for the similar time period.
2. Bright Light Point
This is among the effective areas for sinus headache relief pressure points. The points are situated right on the indentations where your nose and the eyebrow’s ridge form a bridge and meet. Follow the steps below to get relief from a headache soon.
- Use your index fingers and apply proper pressure on the ridges of the eyebrows.
- Give equal pressure to both the points.
- Hold the pressure and position for around 10 seconds.
- Release the pressure and repeat the same.
3. Third Eye Point
Again, this pressure points for headache are helpful to get a relief a from a sinus headache and eyestrain which are the basic reasons for a headache. The third eye point is located in between the eyebrows where the nose and the forehead meet. To follow this method of acupressure, you simply have to:
- Take your index finger and apply pressure at the third eye point firmly.
- Hold the pressure and the index finger there for a minute.
- Relief and repeat the process.
4. Shoulder Well Points
These acupressure points for a headache are found at the shoulder edges, which is halfway between the shoulder point and at the base point of the neck. Along with a headache, this kind of pressure points also helps in getting relief from neck stiffness, shoulder stiffness, and neck pain by reducing the sensation. For using this technique, follow the steps below:
- With the thumb of one hand apply required firm and circular pressure to the point.
- Allow the pressure to remain firm for around 1 minute.
- Release and repeat the same pressure on the other side of the shoulder.
5. Feng Chi Points
Also known as gates of consciousness, these are the pressure points that are found on the base of the skull which is also parallel to the hollow areas located in the center of the vertical neck muscles. This technique is very helpful in reducing the headache caused due to tension. To use this technique:
- Use your index finger and middle finger of both the hands on the pressure points.
- Press the fingers firmly in the upper direction of both the sides.
- Hold the pressure and position for around 10 seconds.
- Release and then repeat the pressure again.
Apart from all these, there are various other facial points, feet points, hand points and even neck points that help in the treatment of a headache. There are some professionals who also use knuckles, legs, knees, elbows and even feet instead of fingers for acupressure.No doubt, the pressure points for headache come with zero side effects, it is yet advisable to consult your doctor before beginning with any of the pressure points for your safety.
So, next time you meet with any kind of headache, try to use pressure points for a headache before going for medications and treat yourself naturally.
1. Does acupressure come with any kind of side effect while treating a headache?
Ans: Generally, there are no side effects while using headache relief pressure points, yet some of the negligible ones include the increase in pain due to overpressuring the area, tense feeling, nausea, motion sickness etc.
2. What are the pressure points for the treatment of sinus?
Ans: Welcome Fragrance, Bright light, etc. are some sinus headache relief pressure points.
3. Is acupressure for a headache safe during pregnancy?
Ans: Yes, practicing acupressure during pregnancy for a headache is totally safe.
4. Which points should be avoided during pregnancy?
Ans: Some pressure points on the ankles, lower abdomen, hands, and wrist should be avoided during pregnancy.
Read Next – How To Relieve Sinus Pressure?