Table of Contents Hide
- How To Cure A Headache?
- Do/Don’t Of Headache
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Every person reading this article might have suffered from this headache-related issues once or many times in their life. It is one of the most common issues among all. This can be both a mild to a severe headache resulting in nausea and often vomiting. But do you know how to cure a headache?
In order to survive in this fast moving world, we have to be quick enough to match its pace. And during that course of time to pace up with others, we are sometimes left with depression, stress, tension, migraines and many other things.
These things are the major and most common cause of a headache. Today, we often reach out to nearby chemist top ask for a pain killer or some medicine which can help reduce a headache. However, it should be known that headache can be cured of lots of homemade remedies or some instant pain relief methods.
Let’s have a look at How To Cure A Headache! Below are some of the quickly available and easy ways to get rid of a headache.
How To Cure A Headache?
There are several reasons for having a headache. Dehydration is one such major cause of a headache. In this case, no other thing can be more useful than drinking water.
Water helps us to rehydrate our body. Simply drink a glass of water as soon as it seems like you getting a headache and also sip on water throughout the day. Always stick to the general rule of drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily. This not only prevents a headache but also keeps you hydrated all the time.
Along with water, some sports drinks can also be used as these drinks contain electrolytes which can treat a headache. Coconut water is equally useful as it hydrates the body naturally.
As a caution, while suffering from a headache it is never recommended to drink alcohol as it dehydrates our body. This can further aggravate the condition.
2. Ice Pack
The ice pack is well advised in case the headache is from a long time. Placing the ice pack over the head can help in numbing the pain and also increases the circulation of blood in the vessels.
- Crush ice cubes and wrap it in a thin cloth.
- Place the crushed cubes on the head at regular intervals several times in a day till you get rid of a headache.
- You can also rub some ice cubes on the forehead and relax for some time till you feel better.
As a caution, remember not to use ice cubes if a headache is caused due to severe cold. Excessive cold can result in a bad headache and the same cannot be healed using ice cubes.
3. How To Cure A Headache With Hot Water?
A headache, when caused by stress, can be flushed out with the help of hot water. Hot water helps in blood circulation and helps to reduce pain.
- Take a hot water bag or soak a towel in hot water and drain out the excess water from it.
- Place it on the neck and not forehead; this can be helpful in relieving headache.
- Heat from the hot water relaxes the tense muscles which thus reduces the pain.
- Take a hot water shower by running the hot water over your neck for few minutes. This will not only help to reduce headache but will also de-stress you naturally.
Lemon is known to be a refreshing and relaxing ingredient. It is very helpful in treating headache and simultaneously maintains the acidic level in our body.
It is particularly useful when a headache is caused due to gas in the stomach. A Severe gastric condition in the body can result in an acute headache which becomes unbearable at times.
It is advisable to drink lukewarm water mixed with lemon juice. You can add a pinch of salt for taste. This will reduce the intensity of a headache and will give better relief.
As the saying goes like an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apple is an important and beneficiary fruit with lot of benefits. One such benefit is curing headache.
When suffering from a headache eat some slices of apple along with salt sprinkled on it. Wait for few minutes after consuming the fruit and then drink a glass of warm water. This will maintain your body’s acid-alkaline level and reduces a headache.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is one of the effective methods to reduce a headache naturally. You can inhale it in the form of steam or can consume it to prevent a headache.
- Take a tumbler and boil water in it.
- Add 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Now cover your head with a towel and slowly try to inhale the steam of this solution.
- Initially, it may have a burning sensation but gradually you will feel at ease.
- This is believed to be one of the instant methods to get relief from a headache.
- Add a spoon of apple cider vinegar to warm water and drink this liquid frequently to get relief from a headache.
If your headache is a result of stress, then almonds are the best food. To get relief from stress kind of a headache, munch on tasty almonds regularly to get relief.
You can also opt for other nuts like walnuts. All you need to d is to consume a handful of these nuts as snacks and see the difference in a headache.
The main reason behind nuts helping to reduce a headache is that it contains a component Salicin which acts like a pain healer and is very effective for headaches caused by stress.
8. How To Cure A Headache With Green Tea?
Green tea helps to improve immunity and builds stamina, thereby keeping you aloof from headache. No matter the reason behind your headache, green tea can be very soothing.
- Boil water in a container and dip a green tea bag into it.
- Allow it to steep for few minutes.
- Drink this hot tea several times in a day for relief.
It rejuvenates you completely and your headache will be gone instantly.
9. Black Cumin Seeds
Black cumin seed is another effective home remedy to get rid of a headache. It provides immediate relief and is very soothing.
- Take a spoonful of black cumin seeds and crush it gently.
- Inhale the fresh aroma of these seeds.
- It acts like a medicine and helps to reduce a headache to a great extent.
- You can also add black cumin to warm mustard oil and massage your scalp, forehead and neck with this oil for few minutes.
- It will be extremely relaxing and provides immediate relief from a headache.
Add black cumin to your regular dishes and consume the same for effectiveness.
Ginger is very effective when it comes to a headache caused due to cold. A cup of ginger tea or just chewing on ginger can be very effective.
- Add crushed ginger slices to hot boiling water and let it steep for few minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add some drops of honey to it.
- Drink the liquid several times in a day till you see the substantial difference in a headache.
Crush ginger and add to boiling water. Inhale the vapors from this solution to get immediate relief from a headache.
It is obvious that it is difficult to inhale ginger solution vapors as it causes an acute burning sensation in the nose and eyes. However, it is an instant method to get rid of a headache.
Also, include ginger in your regular diet for effectiveness and stay away from a headache.
Apart from the above-mentioned home remedies, certain products like Vicks, Peppermint oil etc. have also been found to be extremely beneficial in a headache. Also, sipping on a cup of tea or coffee is useful although it contains caffeine.
Do/Don’t Of Headache
- Take adequate rest while suffering from a headache. Do not try to burden yourself with work or take the stress.
- Exercise is very important. Just jump out of the bed and do some exercises to improve blood circulation in the body. This will provide relief from a headache.
- Consume fewer chocolates as it has been proved to stimulate a headache in a person. Also, caffeine may increase a headache in many people.
- Try to divert your mind. The more you think you are suffering from a headache, it is likely that your pain will increase. Therefore, imagine something good or think positive. This will have a psychological impact on the mind and in some time you will feel you do not have a headache at all.
- Try to consume fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid packed, canned and sugary substances. A headache can be caused due to various reasons, therefore pay attention to your body and try to control cravings as much as possible.
- Posture is important. Majority of headaches occurs due to improper posture and hence attention must be paid to the same.
There is no particular reason for headache. There are several factors which can contribute to the same and if neglected can also result in migraine. Our simple home remedies will help to get rid of the pain, however if you do not find any difference in the aches then it is better to consult a doctor and go for further treatment.
Hope this article provides solution to all your headache problems. Any suggestion or feedback will be most welcome and can be shared in our comments section.