Cumin Seeds Water is Miraculous for Healthy & Fast Weight Loss!
Cumin seeds are wonderful to add to your food you eat and they have an earthy slight bitter taste. They are small and long in size and grey in colour. Originally grown in Egypt it is commonly used in India and Middle East countries today. Cumin seed powder and cumin seeds are easily available in grocery shops. It could be added to curries and vegetables to get a nice flavour too. Consumption of cumin seeds provides a whole lot of health benefits in addition to weight loss. Cumin seeds water for weight loss is a very popular drink.
Nutritional Content of Cumin Seeds
Cumin seeds help in purification of the body and aid in getting rid of toxins. It also helps in boosting metabolism and losing weight. The composition of cumin seeds is given below.
Magnesium helps in building muscle strength. It promotes a good night’s sleep.
Calcium is essential for growth of strong bones especially for women going through PMS. It aids in weight management and lowering of blood pressure too.
3. Vitamin C
Vitamin C component in cumin seeds helps in building immunity. It is good for prenatal health too.
4. Vitamin A
Vitamin A forms the antioxidants and is good for reduction of oxidative stress in the body.
This component is essential for the building of cells in the body. It also promotes both physical and mental wellness.
This compound is essential for strong teeth and bones. It aids digestion and protein production in the body.
Benefits of Cumin Seeds for Weight Loss
One of the benefits of consuming cumin seeds is in the improvement of metabolism. Digestion process in the body is enhanced and absorption of lipids becomes effective. By eating healthy food which includes cumin seeds and exercising marvelous changes in body fat reduction can be seen.
Taking cumin seeds water for weight loss before a meal helps in reducing appetite and consumption of less food. When this is carried for long periods of time like 6 to 8 weeks it helps to check body weight.
It prevents bloating of the stomach. Sometimes when food is not digested properly you could consume cumin seeds water and ensure that digestion process is corrected. Absorption of vitamins and minerals take place when you consume cumin seeds. Its anti-inflammatory property helps in keeping the digestion in the stomach under check.
The antioxidant content of cumin helps in reducing oxidative stress in the gut and stomach.
It is also found that cumin consists of anti-carcinogenesis property. This helps in keeping the body slim. It also aids the liver in removing toxins from the body.
How to Make Cumin Seeds Water For Weight Loss?
The procedure for making cumin seeds water for weight loss is simple and just takes about 8 minutes. For it to work effectively it should be consumed first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 4 to 5 cups of fresh drinking water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey (optional)
Take the drinking water in a saucepan and keep it to boil on the stove. Once the water starts bubbling, add the cumin seeds to it. Let it boil nicely for around 5 minutes. Next, switch off the stove and leave the cumin seeds water covered with a lid. Once it has cooled to room temperature you can start having it instead of plain water. If you do not like the taste of the cumin seeds water you could consider adding honey to it. This water could be set aside and had whenever you want throughout the day.
In method 2 you need not boil the cumin seeds in water. In this method take the fresh drinking water in a jar or jug. Add the cumin seeds to it the previous night itself and leave it closed. The next morning you can start drinking this slightly grey coloured water.
Eating around 3 grams of cumin seeds everyday for around 15 days is found to help in weight loss. You could consume about 3 to 4 glasses of cumin seeds water per day. You can stagger the time of consumption and have it when you will feel like drinking water.
Other Ways to Eat Cumin Seeds to Reduce Weight
- You could mix a teaspoon of cumin seeds powder with pure curds and have it every day.
- Add cumin seeds powder to vegetable soup. This will add a flavour to the soup as well as help you to reduce weight.
- Take a bowl of boiled vegetables. Add ½ teaspoon of grated ginger and ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds powder to it. Squeeze in some lemon juice. Stir it all up and have it as a side dish.
- You could add ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds powder to hot brown rice with ghee and have 2 spoonfuls of it.
- You could also roast 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds and 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds. Powder it in a blender and have it after food. This mixture enhances digestion guards against heart diseases and improves metabolism.
Healthy Tips to Lose Weight Along with Cumin Seeds Water
In addition to consuming cumin seeds water for weight loss, you need to follow a disciplined lifestyle to see weight reduction. Some of the tips are given below.
- Avoid added sugars in any of the foods you eat. If you crave to eat sweet things, make dishes using natural sweeteners like stevia or coconut sugar which are lesser in calories.
- Include abundant vegetables like cauliflower, ladies finger, cabbage, peas, snake gourd, ridge gourd, legumes and lentils in your diet. Avoid starchy vegetables like tapioca and potatoes.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits which contain few calories and natural sugars. Again avoid ready made fruit juices and canned fruits too.
- Reduce intake of carbohydrates like rice and wheat. If you want to eat them, do so in reduced quantities. Use brown or red rice and whole wheat.
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Be active and exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes per day. It could be cardio, strength training, walking, jogging, cycling or plain walking.
- Eliminate processed foods from your diet completely.
- Have a good night’s sleep. Eat at proper times and try to finish dinner by 8 p.m.
- Be positive in your outlook and try to be in the company of like-minded people.
Following a simple regime like drinking cumin seeds water early morning on an empty stomach will surely assist in weight loss. It is a natural detox drink. What spices help you lose weight? In addition to cumin seeds water for weight loss you could also have ginger, coriander seeds, and pepper to lose weight. Cumin seeds are cheap and easy to buy too. You could buy organic cumin seeds to prepare the water. These would be free from pesticides and harmful chemicals. You could eat and chew the boiled cumin seeds after you have consumed the water.
In many of the communities, while boiling water for drinking purposes, cumin seeds are added. Thus the water has a pinkish greyish tinge. This is always had in the place of plain water and is also served for guests too.