Table of Contents Hide
- Causes of Gastric Problem
- Types Of Gastric Problem
- Home Remedies For Gastric Problems
- Dos And Don’ts For Gastric Problems
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Gastric problems are a common problem these days and every person experiences it at some point of time. It often leads to an embarrassing position and has both psychological and physical effect on a person. Gas can be annoying at times not only for the person who is suffering but also the nearby people. Socially, no one likes to be with a person having gastric issues. It often leads to flatulence which is intolerable. It is usually not a health issue in itself but an alert that the body may be having other stomach and intestine related problems. We will know here home remedies for gastric problems.
Causes of Gastric Problem
Gastric problems can be caused due to several reasons, the primary ones being:
- Improper diet
- Very spicy food
- Consuming lot of food at one time
- Improper chewing of food
- Stress and anxiety
- Disorders in the intestine.
Apart from these reasons, bacterial infection can be another reason for excessive gas in the body which often results in flatulence.
The symptoms can be attributed to bad breathe, bloating in the stomach, loss of appetite and white coating on the tongue.
You can try these organic home remedies for acidity.
Types Of Gastric Problem
Most of us are unaware of the fact that gastric problems can be of two types: the upper digestive gastric problem and the lower digestive gastric problem.
The major difference between both is the upper digestive gas is caused when you intake excessive air while swallowing the food or drinking water. We usually burp after eating food and that is because of this reason. The air releases during burping and you feel at ease.
On the other hand, in case of lower digestive gastric problem the food remains in undigested state for a long time and slowly starts fermenting thereby releasing gas from the body. This state can be really annoying at times.
Gas is not a major problem and it can be treated with simple home remedies. The ingredients are easily available in our kitchen and we just need to use it in the right way.
Have a look at some amazing Home Remedies For Gastric Problems!
Home Remedies For Gastric Problems
1. Black Pepper
Black pepper is one of the well-known home remedies for gastric problems. Even Ayurveda recommends black pepper for indigestion and gastric issues.
How To Use Black Pepper?
There are 2 ways of using black pepper to cure gastric problems.
- Take black pepper seeds and crush them to form a coarse powder.
- Eat a spoonful of the black pepper powder and then drink a glass of warm water.
- Repeat this process once regularly to get relief.
- Take black pepper powder and mix it with jaggery.
- Make small balls out of the mix and eat these balls after meals.
- This will help to reduce gas to a great extent.
Include black pepper in your daily diet as it promotes the secretion of digestive juices which helps to prevent gastric problems in the body.
We bring the top 5 effective home remedies for constipation that you must try now!
Water is one of the best methods to provide relief from gas. It also provides instant relief from stomach pain which is caused by gas.
Drink 2 glasses of water regularly in an empty stomach.
Drinking warm water throughout the day also aids in digestion and helps in gastric issues.
Fennel is one of the very useful home remedies for gastric problems. It is very helpful as far as the gastric pain is concerned.
There are 2 ways by which you can use fennel for gastric problems.
- Chew fennel seeds and try to extract the juice from it.
- The juice will help in digestion and provide relief from gas pain.
Also, you can prepare fennel tea and drink it for relief from gas.
How To Prepare Fennel Tea?
- Fennel seeds
- Tea leaves
- Take water in a container and bring it to boil.
- Add fennel seed to the boiling water.
- Now add tea leaves to the solution and allow it to simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add few drops of honey to it.
- Drink it 2 times in a day for relief.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the excellent home remedies for gastric problems and as it is acidic in nature, it helps to reduce gas and the pain caused by it instantly.
- Add a spoonful of apple cider vinegar to warm water and stir well.
- Drink this solution whenever you feel uneasy due to gas.
It helps to release the gas from the body and also reduces the pain. It starts showing the effect immediately.
5. Carom Seeds
Carom seeds popularly known as Ajwain is one of the popular ingredient in the kitchen. It is one of the beneficial home remedies for gastric problems and provides immediate relief.
- Take a handful of carom seeds and grind it to form powder.
- Consume one spoon of this powder and drink a glass of warm water immediately.
- This will provide immediate relief from stomach pain and gas.
- Add a pinch of salt to carom seeds and chew the seeds slowly.
- You will see substantial difference in the gastric issue.
Gooseberry or Amla helps to get rid of constipation as well as relieves gas. It is rich in Vitamin C and has several health benefits.
Consume Amla juice daily in empty stomach to get rid of gas and constipation.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh Amla juice to a glass of lukewarm water and drink it in an empty stomach.
You will never suffer from gastric problems again if you follow this method religiously.
7. Tender Coconut
Tender coconut is loaded with essential proteins and minerals which make the body rich in nutrients.
Whenever you are suffering from gas, drink 2-3 tender coconut water daily. This will hydrate the body and gastric problems will eliminate easily.
8. Guava Leaves
Yes, that’s right!! There are immense health benefits of Guava leaves and is extremely useful to eliminate gas from the body.
You can prepare Guava leaves tea and consume it twice in a day to see the difference within a week.
How to Prepare Guava Leaves Tea?
- Guava leaves
- Pick a handful of fresh Guava leaves.
- Wash it thoroughly so that no dust and dirt are sitting on it.
- Take a container and add water to it.
- Once the water comes to boiling point, add the fresh guava leaves to it.
- Allow the mix to simmer for few minutes till the leaves decolorizes.
- Strain this liquid and add few drops of honey to it.
- Drink this liquid 2 times in a day to get relief from gas.
Asafoetida or Hing as it is more commonly known as is one of the best home remedies for gastric problems. The main reason behind adding Hing to all your spicy dishes is that it prevents gastric problems and gas pain.
Hing can be consumed and applied as well.
- Take a pinch of Asafoetida and add it to a cup of warm water.
- Drink this solution 3 times in a day to get rid of gas.
- Take a ripe banana and cut into thin slices.
- Sprinkle Hing on the ripe banana and consume it completely.
- This will provide immediate relief from gas.
- Take sufficient quantity of Hing and mix it with water to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the stomach and leave it for some time.
- Wipe off the paste using a clean wet cloth.
- This method provides instant relief from stomach pain.
Apart from the above-mentioned methods, you can also add Hing to your regular curries. This will prevent gas from occurring in the stomach.
10. Cumin Seeds
A cumin seed are well-known kitchen ingredient and is readily available in your home. In case of acute gastric problems, cumin seeds are the best home remedies.
Cumin seeds can be consumed directly. After the meals, just chew some cumin seeds. It aids in digestion, prevents boating and gas.
Cumin seed is a known spice which can be easily included in our daily diet. Add cumin seed powder to the buttermilk and have it several times in a day. This will not only keep you hydrated but will also keep you aloof from gastric problems.
Dos And Don’ts For Gastric Problems
- Refrain eating spicy food.
- Absolute no to alcohol and smoking.
- Do not consume tea and coffee.
- In case of acute gastric issues, even fruit juice is a big no as it is acidic in nature.
- Do not consume meat as it is very difficult to digest.
- Stay away from medicines as it contributes to gas and bloating.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle and consume healthy food items.
- Go for some form of exercise regularly as it helps in digestion and prevents gas.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
- To soothe the food pipe, it is ideal to consume chilled milk. It helps to reduce gas and makes you feel comfortable.
- As far as food is concerned, it is ideal to opt for boiled vegetables, fruits which are non-acidic in nature such as banana and pears. Also, consuming vegetable soups is equally beneficial.
Gas is not a disease. It is just that we need to make our lifestyle healthy to overcome gastric problems. Follow the above-mentioned home remedies and maintain a disciplined life to get rid of gastric problems easily. Fast food and junk items contribute to bloating and gas, therefore, select the right food items and consume them religiously to prevent gas.
Hope you have found this article useful. In the case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.