Some Quick Facts About Bentonite Clay
- Bentonite clay is available in three different varieties.
- Bentonite clay is obtained from the ashes of a volcano eruption.
- Bentonite clay available from the Rose Mountain is known as Sodium Bentonite.
- The clay is beneficial for various skin, hair and health benefits like improving digestion, improving skin, healing burns, armpit detox, improvement in blood circulation, etc.
- The clay was used as an ingredient for having a detox bath beneficial for the skin and hair.
- Apart from health benefits, it is also a good sealer for sealing ditches, ponds, lagoons, dams, etc.
- The clay comes with elements that fight against toxins, which makes it useful in the garden to prevent destruction caused by wastes and toxins.
- Bentonite clay is available in varieties that include potassium, calcium and sodium.
What is Bentonite Clay?
Has anyone ever suggested you use the Bentonite clay hair mask for nourishing your hair in a natural way? Confused how does clay help your hair in getting all the care and smoothness it deserves? For this, let’s begin with the introduction of Bentonite Clay.
Bentonite Clay, also known as Montmorillonite, is a kind of clay that is found after volcanic eruptions. The clay is available with three different elements that are potassium, calcium, and sodium. The clay is also mixed with aluminium in a required proportion for getting desired results. All the types of Bentonite Clays come with their own uses in different ways for getting benefited.
The Bentonite clay hair mask is popular for giving your hair a smooth, shining, and thick texture. The toxins it comes with help in building a protection layer to protect your hair from the environment along with the harmful shampoos, conditioners, sprays, and other hair products. The clay pack comes with deep cleaning to not only your hair but to the scalp also providing strength to your hair.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Bentonite Clay For Your Hair?
Bentonite clay is one of the best clay hair masks that is very effective in the treatment of various hair issues. The clay is essential to remove strong electromagnetic metals and toxins from the hair to wash off the scalp in the very first use.
Here are some of the most observed benefits of using Bentonite clay mask for natural hair.
1. Is Your Hair Lacking Required Nourishment? Try This Hair Mask
Are you worried about your dull looking hair? The prime reason behind the dullness is the lack of required minerals and vitamins. The Bentonite clay mask for hair comes with the complete nutrient list which includes vitamins and minerals that help your hair with proper hair growth, desired length, and good health. The clay also serves you with potassium, calcium, sodium, etc. that is very helpful for the hair.
2. Worried How To Get The good Length For Your Small Hair? Bentonite Clay Is The Answer
There are several reasons behind lack of hair growth. Several women complain about their hair that grows to a particular length only or lacks healthy growth. The answer to all your growth-related queries is Bentonite Clay mask. This clay hair mask works by cleaning the follicles of the hair and also help in removing the dead cells of the scalp for giving your hair a clean cleat for growing. The minerals in the mask help your hair grow with rapid speed.
3. Tired Of Trying Products For Dandruff? Get Some Hair Mask From Bentonite Clay
Dandruff is one of the highly faced hair issues. There are various products on the market that help with anti-dandruff properties. However, none of them is as effective as the hair mask made from Bentonite clay. The clay soaks all the extra sebum which leads to fungus on the scalp. Apart from this, it also works on the dead skin cells on the scalp that is a type of dandruff. It works as a shampoo to remove dandruff when used with rosemary oil for the hair.
4. Want To Detoxify Your Scalp In A Natural Way? The Bentonite Clay Is The Best Source
Detoxifying the scalp removes all the unwanted bacteria, yeast, and other harmful elements from the scalp along with dead skin cells. One of the reasons for using Bentonite Clay hair mask cleans the sebum from the scalp and also removes the toxins from it. Regular use of the clay would help in reducing the grease and extra oil from the hair. It detoxifies the hair and the scalp which is helpful for the health of the hair.
5. Looking For A Natural Conditioner For Your Hair? Bentonite Clay Mask Would Work The Best Way
The hair requires cleaning as well as conditioning too for having proper growth and shine. Using the Bentonite clay mask for natural hair would help you with moisturized, soft, and clumsy hair.The elements present in the clay provide complete nutrient to your hair and scalp conditioning them. The clay mask can be used in both the ways, that is shampoo and conditioner for deep cleaning and conditioning the hair.
6. Want To Have Frizz-Free Hair? Try Using This Magical Clay Mask
Yes, this might be shocking, but with the help of this mysterious clay mask, you can easily get rid of the frizz. Rather than the conditioners, this clay mask is more helpful in providing your curls with proper clumps. It also helps in reducing the knots and tangles. Using the clay hair mask before washing the hair would surely give you frizz-free curls with improvised and bouncy curls.
How Can I Make The Bentonite Clay Hair Mask And How Can I Use It For Quick Results?
The recipe of the Bentonite clay hair mask depends on the hair of the user. There is various kind of hair textures like naturally oily hair, thick black hair, thin hair, rough hair, hair with dandruff, and many more. Hence, the treatment of the hair also depends on the kind of hair one is having. The recipe for stopping hair loss would be different from that for frizzy hair.
Thinking how to use Bentonite clay for hair? Here are two mostly opted recipes for making the Bentonite hair mask.
1. Bentonite Hair Mask for Detox
This pack is mostly opted on regular basis by various people for providing their hair and scalp with nourishment along with detoxification.
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 cup
- Aloe-Vera Juice – 3 tbsp
- Tea Tree Oil – 3 drops
- Bentonite clay – 1 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
Directions To Make And Apply-
- Take a bowl made of wood, glass, or plastic and mix all the above ingredients using a plastic spoon.
- Keep mixing till the mask reaches required consistency level. The mask should not be too thick, or too thin.
- The mixture is ready when the colour changes and appears similar to the grey mud that is wet.
- If the mixture contains water, add some more clay to the mixture.
- Apply the clay hair mask on the scalp area and shafts properly.
- Allow the mixture on your hair for around 10 – 15 mins.
- Rinse the hair using warm water.
2. All-Purpose Bentonite Clay Mask
This clay mask can be used by every kind of hair and scalp texture for obtaining that shining and healthy hair. The pack comes with all the requirements for strong and healthy hair.
Here is the recipe for those thinking how to use Bentonite clay for hair.
- ½ cup of Apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of Bentonite clay powder
- 1 cup of Apple cider vinegar (additional)
- ½ cup of Aloe Vera Gel
- 5 drops of Rosemary essential oil
Directions To Make And Use It-
- Take a glass bowl and mix the Bentonite clay powder, Rosemary essential oil, half cup of Apple cider vinegar, and Aloe Vera gel using a plastic or wooden spoon.
- Apply the clay mixture to the scalp and the hair shafts below.
- Let the mixture be on your hair for around half an hour and wear a shower cap.
- Rinse the clay from the hair with warm water.
- Use the remaining cup of Apple cider vinegar by applying it to the hair.
- Leave it for around 3 minutes on the hair.
- Wash away your hair using a good shampoo.
Apart from all these, other ingredients that can be added to make the Bentonite clay mask for natural hair includes essential oils like lavender, brewed herbal tea, etc. can also be added for getting the results you have desired.
What Precautions Should I Look After While Using The Bentonite Clay Mask For Natural Hair?
- Make sure you don’t allow the mask to dry after applying to your hair.
- Using some drop of olive oil would help in getting rid of the left-over bits of the clay in the hair.
- Apple cider vinegar helps in giving shine to the hair, but make sure you use it in the proper portion for maintaining the pH balancing levels.
- Using metal bowls or spoons in making the clay hair mask would destroy all the properties the clay contains that is advantageous for your hair.
- For very rough hair and dry hair, wet the hair with warm water before applying and begin application from the roots.
- After using the mask, make sure you wash the tools with hot water and wash in running tap water for complete flushing of the clay.
So, are you ready to get that shining and most desired hair for a wow look? Try the Bentonite clay hair mask and enjoy playing with that lively hair.
Read Next – 5 Magical Mud Masks To Give You Miraculous Skin!