Table of Contents Hide
- Before Applying Face Mask…
- How To Make The Homemade Face Mask For Acne And Blackheads?
- Tips To Protect Your Acne Prone Skin Naturally
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Acnes are one of the most common problems faced by millions of people all over the world. Your condition may be common, but we understand that the psychological effect it has on you is very personal. You get so desperate that you are ready to try anything in the market to get a clear skin. Leave your worries aside and try these simple homemade acne mask.
Forget all those expensive treatments and pamper your skin with the DIY acne face masks. They are cost friendly as well as skin friendly, unlike the various creams and masks available on the market. The ingredients are easily available and simple to make.
Before Applying Face Mask…
Clean your face with cotton wool dipped in rose water or glycerin. Do not use soap. Now you are ready to make your own acne face mask.
How To Make The Homemade Face Mask For Acne And Blackheads?
1. Orange Peel Homemade Acne Mask
You won’t believe it, but orange peels are amazing for the treatment of acne and are one of the best home remedies for acne! Orange peels have more vitamin C and anti-oxidants than the fruit itself. It is nature’s gift for curing acne, pimples, blackheads, and various other skin problems. All you need to do is –
- Grind the peel with some water to a paste and apply on affected areas.
- Wash off after 30 minutes.
- You can also make a fine powder of dried orange peels and store it in an airtight container for use anytime and anywhere!
2. Neem Leaves Mask
Neem has been used for many generations to combat skin problems. It’s antifungal, antibacterial properties make it the best homemade face mask for acne and blackheads. All you need to do is –
- Grind some neem leaves with water to a fine paste and apply on face.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes
- Wash your face thoroughly.
Easy to obtain and use, it makes your acne and other skin problems vanish like magic! Even if you are not able to obtain fresh neem leaves, you get neem oil from the market. But since pure neem oil is very strong and might irritate the skin, you need to dilute it with coconut oil or any other essential oil before applying on face.
3. Sandalwood and Turmeric Mask
- Make a paste of half teaspoon each of sandalwood and turmeric powder in a little water.
- Apply the mask to the face.
- Let it stay overnight and wash off in the morning.
- Use this pack twice a week for best results.
Turmeric has anti-bacterial agents in it and is commonly used in home remedies for acne. And sandalwood soothes the irritated skin and nourishes the skin by removing scars and blemishes. Combined, they make an effective mask to make your skin beautiful and acne free!
4. Cinnamon and Lemon Mask
- Mix one teaspoon lemon juice in one teaspoon finely grounded cinnamon powder.
- Apply to the affected areas.
- Let it completely dry before washing off.
This mask can be used every alternative day. Since cinnamon has the ability to eliminate the bacteria that causes the acne, it acts an ideal face mask for sensitive skin also.
5. Coriander and Turmeric Mask
Yes! Coriander helps in removing the dead cells from the skin and keeps the bacteria at bay.
- Grind the fresh coriander leaves with little water and squeeze the juice from the paste.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of coriander juice and apply daily as a face pack before going to sleep.
It is a very simple and excellent homemade face mask for acne and blackheads. Your skin will feel rejuvenated and end up with sparkling glowing skin!
6. Mint Leaves Mask
- Grind the mint leaves into a paste and apply to your face.
- Leave it overnight and wash off in the morning.
Mint also cures pimples and prevents dryness of the skin. You will see your acne drying up and slowly fading away on regular use. Mint simply cleans up the pores and ensures the acne does not reoccur. And voila! There is your acne free skin! Can it be any simpler?
7. Moong Dal (Split Green Gram) Homemade Acne Mask
This simple DIY acne face mask not only removes the acne and blackheads but also considerably reduces the scars due to acne and lightens up your skin.
- Dry grind moong dal in the mixer and sieves it to get a fine powder.
- You can store this powder in an airtight container and use when required.
- Take two spoons of this powder and add 1/2 teaspoon of curd, ½ teaspoon of turmeric, ½ teaspoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice to this mixture.
- Apply on face and let it completely dry. When removing slightly wet the mask and gently rub your face in upward circular motion and then wash your face.
This mask can be used twice a week. You will be able to see the acne disappear along with any scars. Also, the skin becomes light and soft giving you a beautiful, clear complexion!
8. Garlic and Cucumber Mask
Garlic has abundant anti-bacterial qualities and makes a great acne face mask. Cucumber has astringent properties and also soothes your skin.
- Take one garlic clove and crush it.
- Add 1 tablespoon of finely grated cucumber to it and apply on face.
- Keep the mask on for 5-10 minutes and then wash your face.
Use this mask every day and you can see a considerable difference in your skin! Also eating a garlic clove (if you dare to!) every day keeps acne at bay!
Tips To Protect Your Acne Prone Skin Naturally
- Keep your face always clean. Wipe your face with a gentle natural cleanser like rose water or glycerin. Wash with plain water at least twice a day and avoid harsh soaps.
- Avoid exfoliation and use of scrubs. It may worsen your acne and may cause scars.
- Drink lots of water to flush out the toxins from your body. It also keeps your skin cool and moisturized naturally.
- Right food at the right time is very essential. Eating lots of orange skinned fruits and vegetables provides lots of nourishment and adds a glow to your skin. Papaya, orange, carrots are your friends. Deep fried, oily, spicy foods are your enemies.
- Keep away from chemical filled cosmetics and makeup. Its harsh contents might aggravate your condition. Use homemade face mask for acne and blackheads.
- Do not use a heavy moisturizer which might clog your pores. Applying coconut oil before cleansing the face gives the required moisture.
- Pricking your acne or a pimple will only aggravate and cause pain. It will lead to scars, bumps and permanently damage your skin.
- To keep your hormones in balance, include almonds, broccoli, avocados, eggs, salmon, green tea in your diet. Avoid processed sugar and caffeine.
- Exercise regularly! Working out reduces stress level which may have been the reason for your acne. It also increases the blood circulation in your body which in turn helps your skin. Just ensure that you take a wash after your work out and don’t let the sweat dry on your face.
1. Why did I get Acne in the first place?
The root cause is Hormonal changes. This occurs mainly in teenagers and pregnant woman or if you are taking oral contraceptives. Stress also plays a major factor. When the hormonal levels are normal, the human body produces sebum which is a waxy substance that keeps the skin soft and retains moisture. Increase in hormones leads to excess production of sebum from sebaceous glands. Incidentally, the pores of your skin get blocked with the excess oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria. And lo! There you have your Acne!
2. Will these homemade remedies remove the acne immediately?
There is no immediate solution for removing acne. On the regular use of the DIY homemade acne face mask, you will eventually get a clear complexion. It may take anytime between one to three months depending on the severity of the condition.
3. Is there any side effect for the homemade face masks?
There are no known side effects for these masks. All of them are time tested and have been used widely for many years. However, if any irritation occurs when applying any of the masks, wash your face thoroughly with plain water and apply coconut oil.
4. For how long should I use these masks?
All these masks can be continued even after your acne disappear. The above listed are some of the best homemade face masks for acne and will only improve your skin tone with time. It naturally keeps your skin feeling young and fresh. So go ahead and enjoy the masks as long as you want to!
5. I accidentally pricked my acne. What should I do?
Dip clean cotton in glycerin and very gently clean the area. Mix a pinch of turmeric in coconut oil and apply in the open pore. It prevents the bacteria from further entering the pores. It will sting a bit but is very effective. Alternatively, you can apply pure honey on the affected area.