Some Secrets About Tomatoes
- Tomatoes can help in repairing the damaged cells of the skin.
- Tomatoes increase their weight after they ripen and harvesting.
- In Italy, tomatoes were initially known as Golden apple and Pomodoro as they were yellow in color.
- The tomatoes are found in 10000 different varieties along with different colors too like purple, pink, white, yellow and black apart from red.
- Tomatoes are believed to be the best agents while looking for antioxidants.
- Tomatoes also counter the impact of a smoking cigarette with the coumaric and chlorogenic acid it serves with.
- Tomatoes hold a vital role in preventing from both diarrhea and constipation by helping in the process of digestion.
- Consuming tomatoes daily helps in reducing the chances of high blood pressure.
- They are also helpful in the prevention of infections caused in the urinary tract.
Are Tomatoes Beneficial For The Skin?
Tired of using the chemical cosmetics for your skin? Are you looking for natural ways to keep your skin glowing and healthy? Have you heard about the tomato benefits for skin?
Tomatoes are among the staple ingredients that are surely residing in every kitchen. People are widely knowing the health benefits and the nutrients it serves with, however, there they are still not aware of the skin benefits it comes with. Yes, tomatoes are used in the form of packs for a number of homemade treatments for the skin. They are quick healers for various skin problems and naturally help you in fighting against free radicals for providing you with a clean and clear skin.
Tomato Benefits For Skin
Is tomato good for skin? This question strikes to the minds of people who first time are asked to use tomatoes to get rid of some skin issues. They come with nutrients like lycopene, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Proteins, and many more, that help in rejuvenating your skin and preventing it from aging. It works as an anti-oxidant and a sunscreen for your skin.
Here are some skin benefits of using tomatoes:
1. Tired Of Deep Pores? Tomatoes Help In Shrinking Them
The pores on your skin are the signs of grime and dirt that are gathered on it. Lack of proper protection may lead to serious infection in them. Tomato juice good for skin works as an astringent for the pores. It helps inaccurate and gentle cleaning of the pores deeply giving you a clear skin.
How To Use Tomatoes For Cleaning The Pores?
- Take around 1 tbsp juice of the fresh tomato.
- Add around 2 – 4 drops of fresh lime juice in tomato juice and mix them well.
- With the help of a cotton ball apply the mixture on the face.
- Massage the juice on the face in circular motion and leave it for 15 mins.
- Wash off using cool water.
- Apply regularly for quick shrinking results.
2. Having Acne Problems? Tomatoes Would Help In Healing
Among the various benefits of using tomato face masks, one is for eliminating acne from your skin. It is a natural way to treat both pimples and acne as you develop a regular habit of using tomatoes. It serves the users with Vitamin K, C, and A, which work as medicines for acne. For using tomatoes to treat acne, carry out the following process.
- Cut a tomato from the middle into two parts.
- Take the inside portion and apply it on the face.
- Allow the mask to work on your face for an hour.
- Rinse off using cool water and apply some moisturizer.
3. Having Those Dirty Blackheads? Remove Them Naturally With Tomatoes
Tomato for skin fairness also includes the removal of blackheads that disturb the fairness of your face. Blackheads are the result of the pollution and dirt that damage your skin and make it dull. It is also due to the excess oil on the skin which mostly damages the combination skin. Tomatoes in this situation work like antiseptic, astringent and reduce the oil on the face too. For making this cleansing and smooth pack:
- Take some tomatoes and some avocados.
- Mash both the ingredients making a smooth paste out of it.
- Mix well to avoid any lumps.
- Apply the magical pack on the face and leave it for around 20 – 30 minutes.
- Wash off using lukewarm water and pat dry.
4. Having Summer Burns? Tomatoes Would Help In Getting Rid Of It!
Tomato benefits for skin also include burns in the list. This problem is widely seen in summers when the skin suffers from conditions like inflamed skin, burns, itchiness, red patches, etc. Tomatoes work similar to antiseptic and help in reducing these symptoms that are results of sun exposure. Tomato cools down the skin providing it some neutralization while yogurt provides it with proteins for making it supple and soft. To work with tomatoes on the burns follow the below process.
- Take a half tomato and crush it properly in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of plain and fresh yogurt to the crushed tomato and mix it well using a spoon.
- Apply this pack on the face, hands, neck, feet, etc. wherever you find burns.
- Let the pack work for around 30 minutes.
- Wash it off using cool or lukewarm water.
5. Want To Give Your Dull Skin Some Natural Glow? Try Tomatoes!
Who doesn’t want to have that shining and glowing skin? Also, due to pollution in the atmosphere, the skin becomes dull for which proper care is required. Tomato face mask for combination skin helps in giving you desired glow in a natural way. To give your face a glowing touch:
- Take some fresh tomato puree or juice.
- Add some honey in the juice and mix well till you make a thick paste.
- Apply the mixture equally on the face.
- Leave it for around 15 minutes and wash off.
Hence, in this way, tomato face mask help in a natural way to protect your skin from damages and giving you the natural glow. The masks along with rejuvenating the skin help in tightening it too for getting the younger look in a natural way. Hence, it secretly also works as an anti-aging ingredient.
Does The Skin Type Matter While Using Tomatoes For Skin Benefits?
Tomatoes can be mixed with a number of ingredients that work on the skin naturally. However, it is also important to know your skin type before you experiment on your skin. Just as the packs do wonder to the skin, they can also lead to some minor side effects or irritation to the skin if they don’t match your skin texture. Hence, it is important to identify your skin before you begin with any pack.
1. For Combination Skin
Tomato face mask for combination skin includes avocados along with tomatoes. Both tomatoes and avocado help in cleaning the skin along with the dirt hidden in the pores. It provides the skin with some hydration and works as an astringent that helps in eliminating dirt and other particles from the skin.
2. For Oily Skin
For the oily skin people, to remove the extra oil from the face, the tomato for skin mask should contain ingredients like cucumber. Both cucumber and tomato would help in the process of rejuvenation as they soak the extra oil from the skin as they hydrate the skin as well.
3. For Dry Skin
When the skin is dry, it requires proper moisture that prevents the skin from getting dry. For this, the tomatoes are combined with ingredients like olive oil, honey, etc. which moisturize the skin leaving it bouncy and soft. The ingredients also help in keeping the skin moisturized for long hours during emergencies.
What Are The Other Packs That Can Be Made By Using Tomatoes For The Skin?
Tomato juice good for skin can also be used with other ingredients apart from the ones mentioned above. However, one should also keep in mind that they need to go with the pack that is suitable for their skin type. Some other masks widely adopted by people include:
Tomato And Gram Flour Face Mask
- This amazing face pack is made by mashing 1 tomato (ripe) and mixing it with other ingredients like a cup of yogurt, ½ tsp of honey and 2 tbsp of gram flour. One can also add a pinch of turmeric to the mixture. Mix all the ingredients well forming a smooth paste. Apply the mask to the skin eventually and allow it to rest on the skin for around 15 minutes. Wash off using lukewarm water.
- Eye packs are also one of the tomato benefits for the skin. It helps to a great extent on the dark patches around the eyes. For this, the mashed tomato is mixed with some aloe vera gel or extract and is applied to surround your eyes on the dark patches. Wash off after 15 – 20 minutes and feel refresh.
Tomatoes are also combined with some other natural ingredients that include jojoba oil, tea tree oil, walnut powder, oatmeal, sugar, sandalwood, etc. for getting maximum benefits without any kind of side effects. They work well in the form of natural tomato face masks reducing the chances of damaged skin.
So, aren’t tomatoes great for the skin as well as healthy too? Try these natural ways and help your skin look younger, clean and clear.
Read more – How To Grow Tomatoes Step By Step?