Table of Contents Hide
- Home Remedies for Blackheads
- Everyday DO’s and DON’T’s
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
While most people keep complaining regarding how annoying blackheads are and how it is so difficult to get rid of them, half of them don’t even know what exactly are blackheads and home remedies for blackheads.
- Let us understand what are blackheads?
- How are they formed?
- Areas prone to blackheads?
- How to get rid of blackheads?
Blackheads are the early stages of acne (pimples) which are formed due to clogging of the skin pores with dirt, secretions from oil glands, dead cells, and melanin. Over time there will be an accumulation of these substances which would lead to clogging of the pore and prevent natural oil from coming onto the skin surface. If the pore is open then due to oxygen, melanin gets oxidized and looks black and hence the name. They are formed if the pores are not cleaned regularly and frequently in a proper way.
Areas of the face especially the nose, chin, forehead, back and the chest where there is more oil glands and hair follicles are more prone to blackheads.
Home Remedies for Blackheads
Here are some simple yet very effective home remedies for blackheads to clean your pores and to get a flawless skin.
1. Toothpaste to Get Rid of Blackheads
- Old used up toothbrush
- Pinch of salt or baking soda
- Warm water
- Soft napkin
- Dip the napkin in warm water and squeeze it completely. Now apply it on your nose and leave there for 2 minutes. The steam in the napkin will help in opening the pores.
- Add a pinch of salt or baking soda to toothpaste and start rubbing the paste with the help of the toothbrush over the nose. Make sure you rub very gently in small circular motions.
- It is always better to use a really old toothbrush as the bristles are soft and not harsh on the skin.
- Rub for 2-3 minutes. Be careful that bubbles of toothpaste don’t enter your eyes as it would lead to irritation, redness, and teary eyes.
- Wash it off and you’ll be surprised that blackheads are drastically reduced.
- Repeat the procedure at least once a week to ensure complete removal and no recurrence of blackheads.
2. Chocolate Coffee Scrub- Home Remedies for Blackheads
- Ground coffee
- Cocoa powder
- Orange peel powder
- Ice pack
- Take 2 spoons of coffee powder, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon of orange peel powder and add yogurt to form a thick smooth paste.
- Scrub your face with this paste for 3 minutes in circular motions, focussing more on the nose and chin.
- Wait for another one minute then wash it off with water.
- Now apply an ice pack for 1 minute.
- An ice pack can be prepared by filling lock bags with water and keeping them in a deep freezer.
- Dab dry your face with a soft napkin.
The texture of coffee and orange powder act as a very good natural exfoliator plus its antioxidant properties makes the skin look young and glowing. Yogurt has cleansing and moisturizing properties while cocoa powder also imparts the glow to the skin.
- You will require a steamer for this technique.
- Take coconut or almond oil and massage your face continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Now cover you face with a towel from all sides and take steam so much so that there are droplets of steam on your face all over. Covering should be from all sides such that steam should be concentrated in the space between your face and the steamer.
- Do not over steam your face as it will lead to redness and irritation.
- Keep your eyes closed while taking steam.
- If it’s getting too hot switch off the steamer for a few seconds in between then again restart till a layer of steam droplets isn’t formed on your face evenly.
- This is a very effective technique to get rid of blackheads and clean the pores.
4. Fuller’s Earth-Natural Home Remedies for Blackheads
- Take 2 tbsp fuller’s earth and add rose water to form a semi-solid paste.
- Apply this paste on your face or only the nose and areas prone to blackheads if you are running short of time because this paste takes a time to dry up. Its removal takes time as well.
- Remove in circular motions to enhance the effects and remove blackheads.
5. Egg White
- Take a brush and apply one layer of egg white over areas prone to blackheads.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes for the layer to dry.
- Apply another layer of egg white over the previous one. Repeat the cycle 2 more times.
- Either peel off the layers of egg white or wash it off with water.
6. Home Facial
It is essential to get a facial done once in a fortnight. Why not follow these basic steps and do a facial at home instead of visiting a salon every now and then.
- Start scrubbing your face in slow circular motions.
- Dab dry your face with a soft napkin.
- Apply any facemask which suits your skin type and let it dry. Meanwhile keep 2 slices of cucumbers to relax your eyes and turn on some light music to sooth your mind.
- Once it dries wash it off with water.
- Wash your face with a mild face wash and apply moisturizer or ice pack.
- Follow this regime regularly to have a clean and glowing face.
7. Raw Milk
Every morning wash your face with raw milk to remove and avoid blackheads. Raw milk is a very good cleanser. Dip a cotton ball in raw milk and rub it on your face especially the nose.
You will be amazed by this simple yet effective technique and home remedies for blackheads.
Everyday DO’s and DON’T’s
- Follow a basic protocol of washing the face with a face wash twice a day followed by moisturizing it with a skin suited cream.
- Do not over scrub your face as it stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce more oil and sebum thus exaggerating the blackheads.
- Over and under application of creams. While over application of creams on oily skin lead to clogging of pores under application would lead to increased production by oil glands of the skin.
- Know your skin type and moisturise just adequately.
- Avoid long hours of makeup on the skin as it clogs the pores and irritates the glands beneath.
- Wash your face frequently.
- Don’t try to squeeze blackheads with your hands and fingers as it would be inviting more dust and dirt and hence clog the pores further.
- Follow a healthy oil free diet and go as organic as you can.
- Lastly take care of your skin every day to get everlasting results.