Table of Contents Hide
- Things You Need For a Professional Manicure at Home
- How to Do a Manicure at Home With Some Simple Steps?
- 1. Start With Removing The Nail Polish
- 2. Clip Your Nails To a Perfect Shape
- 3. Now Relax Your Hands by Soaking Them
- 4. It’s Time to Treat Your Cuticles Now
- 5 Now Moisturize Your Hands
- 6. Prepare Your Nails for a Sparkling Polish
- 7. Time for Applying The Base Coat
- 8. The Final Stages are Here For Manicure at Home
- 9. Time to Re-moisturize Your Hands
- Tips For Manicure at Home
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
It’s great to have well-groomed hands that boost your personality and self-confidence. Thankfully, it’s not so tough with a professional manicure. But the flip side is that it is not always manageable to visit a salon and spend hours to get your hands perfectly manicured. Also, it is quite pricey at times! Don’t fret because you can easily learn how to do a manicure at home step by step. It’s easy and effective, too. And if you have dreadful experiences in the past while manicuring your hands at home, here are also some tips for a manicure at home for you.
Things You Need For a Professional Manicure at Home
To start the good things, you need to have a perfect set of tools handy. For doing the manicure at home, you’ll need the following essentials-
- Nail polish remover of a trusted brand
- Nail clippers
- Cotton balls or swabs
- Nail cuticle pusher and nippers
- Nail file
- Emery board
- Cuticle remover
- Nail moisturizer
- Base coat
- Nail polish of your favoritee shade
- Top coat for final finish
After the manicure kit suggestions, let’s get started with how to do a manicure step by step. But before we move on to learn these professional manicure steps, assure that you are seated comfortably to avoid spillage or smudging of the colours.
If you want to learn how to do a pedicure at home with some easy steps, then click this link to read more…
How to Do a Manicure at Home With Some Simple Steps?
1. Start With Removing The Nail Polish
For doing a manicure at home, it is quite important to clear the nails first. So remove the nail paint already applied on them using a non-acetone based nail paint remover. To avoid dryness caused by these removers, avoid getting your nails soaked in them for a long time. For faster effect, you may go for acetone-based removers as well but only if you use them seldom and not too often.
2. Clip Your Nails To a Perfect Shape
It is one of the most intricate home manicure steps to be followed quite carefully. Firstly, soak your nails in warm water for some time and then, clip them. Now, file them to have a perfect shape of your choice. Don’t use the metal files as they can cause damage to your nails. Crystal nail file or emery board is the most viable options for you. For smoothening of sides and tops of nails, use a good quality nail buffer.
To know how to heal cracked feet,here are plenty of home remedies that will help you in the best possible way…
3. Now Relax Your Hands by Soaking Them
Take some lukewarm water in a tub and add a mild cleanser or soap. In this water, soak your hands for few minutes. This will relax hem as well as remove all the dirt and dead skin from them. You can also use a soft nail brush to clean your hands properly. Don’t scrap your hands too much as you may end up damaging the nails.
4. It’s Time to Treat Your Cuticles Now
Firstly, dry your hands gently with a soft towel. Apply a cuticle remover over them. Now, using a cuticle stick or orange stick, push back the cuticles softly. Never try to cut the cuticles as they save your nails from any bacteria formation and infections. Don’t try too hard to clip them. Instead, concentrate to merely push their edges with the gentle nippers you have. Also, clip the hang nails carefully. Never cut them deep to manicure hands.
5 Now Moisturize Your Hands
Apply any hand cream or lotion on the hands and nail cuticles. Massage it properly for few minutes. For excessive dry skin, it is advisable to massage for a longer time with an intensive cream or lotion. It will replenish the skin on your hands.
6. Prepare Your Nails for a Sparkling Polish
To apply nail polish on your nails, it is important to remove the moisturizer from them. Dip a cotton swab into nail polish remover and rub this swab fast onto your nails to remove the excess moisturizer there from.
7. Time for Applying The Base Coat
It is one of the finishing manicure steps at home. Apply the base coat to sustain the nail polish on your nails. This is also important for those having brittle nails. Most professional manicure steps recommend using a base coat to strengthen the nails and prevent flaking. It is advisable to wait for 2-3 minutes to apply next coat of polish.
Are you looking for a way on How To Lighten Skin? Click here to get some face masks & home remedies for lightening skin tone…
8. The Final Stages are Here For Manicure at Home
- Apply the first coat of your favourite shade in nail polish. While doing so, gently push the brush to the cuticles and corners of the nails as well. Do not spill excessive polish as it will ruin the whole look.
- After a break of 2 minutes, move on to the application of the second coat followed by the top coat for ultimate shine. If you are not so pro in applying nail polish, then prefer lighter shades as they do not draw too much attention towards the flaws if any.
- Now clean up the smudges, if you have any. Use a flat toothpick or a Q-tip dipped into nail paint remover to do this job. Let your nails dry up completely to manicure hands perfectly.
9. Time to Re-moisturize Your Hands
Once again, apply some moisturizer on your hands and don’t forget the sunscreen to protect them. Use the products that suit your skin type.
So, you see that doing a professional manicure at home is not a daunting task if you learn properly how to do a manicure at home.
Click here to find some effective homemade natural face masks for sun tanned skin …
Tips For Manicure at Home
It is essential to learning how to do a manicure at home with some handy tips like:
- Instead of applying a thick coat of nail paint, go for 2-3 thin layers for sustaining it.
- If you are wary of too glossy nails, go for the matte finish in nail polish top coat.
- To begin with these home manicure steps, gather all the tools and supplies at one place.
- While drying up, avoid keeping your nails too close to the fan or heat.
If you have any experiences of doing manicure and pedicure at home, share them with us in the comments section below.