Table of Contents Hide
- Causes of Schizophrenia
- Symptoms of Schizophrenia
- Home Remedies For Schizophrenia
- Useful Tips for Schizophrenia
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Schizophrenia is a severe disorder in the brain and is more common in men than in women. A person loses his capability to distinguish between real and virtual objects and leads a life of seclusion. They believe that everyone in the world is trying to harm them and have their own imagination. The patient usually cuts off from the world and lives in his own world, where he literally sees and feels things that actually never exist. There are some home remedies for schizophrenia, we will see here.
Causes of Schizophrenia
Even medical science is not sure about the exact cause of Schizophrenia. No wonder that human brain is the most powerful organ in the body, however, what provokes the mind to think of non-existing things is a mystery in itself. However, it is believed that the genetic and environmental factors are the main reasons behind this mental disorder.
Some of the primary causes are premature birth, less oxygen supply during birth, genetic factors, sexual abuse etc.
Symptoms of Schizophrenia
The most common symptoms of Schizophrenia are-
- Withdrawal symptoms
- Intolerable towards criticism
- Poor hygiene
- Uncontrollable laughter or cry.
Although it is better to consult a doctor, however, there are some home remedies for schizophrenia.
Home Remedies For Schizophrenia
1. Basil Leaves
Basil leaves is known for its medicinal properties and will be beneficial to reduce the symptoms of this mental disorder.
- Pluck few fresh basil leaves and add it to boiling water.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add few drops of honey to it.
- Drink this tea twice daily regularly as it will be helpful in schizophrenia.
Also, you can clean the basil leaves and chew it in an empty stomach. Basil leaves are known to calm the senses and it will calm the mind and body.
2. Green Cardamom
Green cardamom is good for the nervous system and is beneficial for people suffering from brain disorders.
- Crush 1-2 green cardamom seeds and add it to boiling water.
- Let it steep for 4-5 minutes.
- Now strain this liquid and add few drops of honey or sugar for taste.
- Drink this solution at least 2 times in a day.
- Regularly repeat this process to see improvement.
Green cardamom is a spice which is present in most of the home cooked food. Therefore, it is better to cook food using this spice and let the patient feed on it as much as possible.
We will know here the cardamom health benefits.
Gooseberry is rich in vitamin C and is a natural antioxidant.
- Eat 2-3 fresh gooseberries daily till the symptoms of schizophrenia subsides.
Alternatively, you can use gooseberry powder.
- Add a teaspoon of powder to a glass of warm water and drink it twice in a day.
It will greatly help to reduce the symptoms of schizophrenia and help to lead a normal life.
Carrot is rich in Niacin, an element which works well in case of brain disorders. Include carrot in your diet daily in the form of salads or eat carrot directly. You can also drink a glass of fresh carrot juice early morning in empty stomach.
- Blend 2 carrots along with spinach leaves and add a pinch of salt and pepper powder to it.
- Drink this liquid regularly to reduce the symptoms of Schizophrenia.
Fish is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acid which is very useful for brain disorders. Include fish in your diet at least 2-3 times in a week. You can eat salmons, mackerel, sardine etc. Eat steamed fish or cooked fish or add it to your salads. You can also take fish liver oil supplements in a limited quantity and see the difference.
Chamomile has brain calming properties. It is extremely soothing and will help you to get a good sleep. Sleep is extremely important for Schizophrenic patients which calm their mind and prevents any form of aggression. You can consume chamomile powder directly by dissolving in water or as tea.
Chamomile can be consumed in the form of tea.
- Add chamomile powder to a cup of hot water.
- Mix well and allow the mix steep for few minutes.
- Strain the liquid and drink this tea at least 2 times in a day to reduce the symptoms of Schizophrenia.
Brahmi is a well-known herb in Ayurveda and is equally good for schizophrenia. It is a known herb for nerve disorders and has a similar effect on brain disorders as well. It controls the excess chemical secretion in the brain.
Consume Brahmi powder or leaves regularly for a period of 1-2 months to see the difference.
Useful Tips for Schizophrenia
- The patients have violent mood swings and hence it is better to keep them away from objects or people which provoke aggression in them.
- They are more aggressive to criticism; hence do not criticize the patient.
- Always show love and care towards schizophrenic patient as it will help them to live normal.
- They like to be heard. Hear them patiently even if you feel what they are talking is not real.
- Do not abuse them as they may get violent.
- It is better to keep them secluded as they may be a threat to others and vice versa.
- Get their check up done from time to time to see their mental condition.
The above home remedies for schizophrenia are effective but medical counseling is a must. If you see the patient showing a good response to the therapy or treatment, then it is advisable to continue the same.
Explore here how to deal with very basic issues of Sleeping Disorder.
Schizophrenia is definitely a mental illness, although it is rare. It is equally difficult for the patient and the family members to absorb the truth. However, patience is the most important thing.
If the home remedies for schizophrenia are followed patiently, regular checkups and treatment are done and above all, if you show love and care to the patient, it is obvious that the person will show a positive response.
Every life on this earth is a gift of God and must be valued. Hope you have found this article useful. In the case of any suggestion or feedback, please feel free to share the same in the comments section below.