Table of Contents Hide
- What Is Kidney Stone?
- Home Remedies For Kidney Stone
- How To Pass The Kidney Stones?
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Do you know the home remedies for kidney stone? Kidney is considered as one of the most important organs of our body. It helps in purifying the blood and removing the waste products. It also maintains the balance of fluids in the body. Kidneys clear out the impurities, excess water, and unnecessary elements and put them into the bladder which is removed from our body in form of urine.
Every human body has two kidneys and a human body can even survive on a single kidney but the pressure to clean the impurities increases on one and later can be painful. Another problem which arises is kidney stones.
What Is Kidney Stone?
Kidney stones are formed when they are not able to function properly. They are not able to process and excrete waste and excess minerals. The crystals of unprocessed minerals develop inside the body and is the reason for causing stone. These stones can either be small or large depending upon the situation and functionality of kidney.
However, if the stone is large enough it could be painful and even block the passage of urine flow. This is a serious condition and requires immediate attention. Also, it can be very painful and at times require surgery to remove the stones.
There are many medicines nowadays available which can reduce the stone and helps in healing the body. However, they have some side effects as well. Kidney stones, if identified at an early stage can be cured with home remedies.
Don’t miss these 10 effective home remedies for kidney pain!
Below are some of the home remedies for kidney stone which can be very useful.
Home Remedies For Kidney Stone
1. Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
The combination of lemon juice and olive oil is considered very useful in controlling the pain and reducing the stone inside the kidney.
- Take four tablespoon of lemon juice and mix it with equal quantity of olive oil.
- Consume the mixture slowly followed by sufficient amount of water.
- This needs to be continued for a week or till stones are healed completely.
This helps to melt the stones and they disappear completely from the kidneys.
It is obvious that the combination of olive oil and lemon juice has an awful taste; however, it provides relief from the pain of the kidney stones. Gradually, the stone melt and you live your normal lifestyle.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is one of the important home remedies for kidney stone. Apple cider vinegar can work like magic on the kidney stones. It has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It also reduces the pain in the affected areas.
- Take two tablespoons of apple vinegar and mix it with honey.
- Consume this mix 2-3 times in a day and continue with this routine till the stones get dissolved completely.
Apple cider vinegar is very effective to melt the kidney stones.
Pomegranate seeds are known for its astringent and cleansing properties. They help to flush the toxins from the body and in turn help to dissolve the kidney stones.
- Take one pomegranate fruit regularly or drink a glass of pomegranate juice to get rid of pain and stones.
How To Prepare Pomegranate Juice?
- Cut 1 pomegranate fruit and extract the seeds from it.
- Add the seeds to the juicer and add a cup of water to these seeds.
- Grind them thoroughly.
- Now, use a sieve and filter the juice in it leaving behind the seed residue.
- Drink the fresh pomegranate juice at least once in a day and continue this process till the kidney stones have dissolved completely.
4. Nettle Leaf
Nettle leaf is useful to maintain the flow of water through our kidney and bladder. This helps in passing and flowing of urine in easy way without restrictions. Therefore, this not only helps to melt the kidney stones but also prevents its occurrence in future.
- Take two tablespoons of nettle leaf and soak it in a cup of hot water
- Allow it to cool down and consume it as a tea.
- Take it twice or thrice in a day to reduce the stones considerably.
- Follow this routine regularly till the stone dissolves completely.
It is one of the best-known home remedies for kidney stone.
Watermelon is a rich source of calcium and magnesium phosphate. It also contains carbohydrates and potassium. It helps in maintaining the acid level in the urine.
Watermelon contains good amount of water as well which can be very useful in flushing out the stone and be making the kidney stronger and healthier. Seeds of watermelon can also be consumed after drying them. The seeds are also useful and can be prepared to make tea from it.
How To Prepare Tea From Watermelon Seeds?
- Take the watermelon seeds and dry it in the sun till it becomes crisp and sun dried.
- Now take these sun-dried seeds and grind them to make powder.
- Store this powder in an airtight container.
- Take water in a container and boil it.
- Add the watermelon seeds powder to the boiling water.
- Allow it to steep for few minutes.
- Now strain the liquid and add few drops of honey to this liquid.
- Stir this solution properly and drink this as a tea twice in a day.
Regular drinking this tea will help to reduce the kidney stones gradually.
6. Basil Leaves
Basil leaves are excellent home remedies for kidney stone. It acts as a tonic for the kidneys and is an age-old method to reduce the stones.
- Take 4-5 basil leaves and crush it thoroughly.
- Add few drops of honey to the crushed basil leaves and take this mix several times in a day.
- You can also chew fresh basil leaves.
- Take 5-6 basil leaves and add it to boiling water.
- Boil the mix for some time till the leaves decolorize completely.
- Allow the mix steep for few minutes.
- Strain the liquid and consume the basil tea.
- You can also add few drops of honey for taste.
Basil leaves have medicinal properties and this makes it an effective remedy to get rid of kidney stones.
7. Kidney Beans
As the name implies kidney beans are useful for any form of ailments related to kidney and the bladder. Therefore, it is equally important to include kidney beans in the diet to reduce kidney stones.
- Take some bean pods and remove the kidney beans from them.
- Boil water in a container and add the fresh kidney beans in the water.
- Let it simmer for some time till the beans become soft.
- Strain the liquid and drink it several times in a day for effectiveness.
The kidney beans will help to dissolve the stones and also provide relief from pain. It is important to remember that this liquid should be consumed when fresh and should not be stored beyond 24 hours as it will lose its effectiveness.
You can include them in your daily soups and salads and this makes it an ideal food for kidney stones.
Water is the most important element when it comes to kidney stones. It is believed that dehydration is one of the main reasons behind the formation of stones.
Therefore, while having kidney stones you should drink at least 12-15 glasses of water. The intake of water should be more as it aids the kidney stones to pass through.
Hence, consume as much water as possible. Do not stick to 8 glasses of water. The water intake needs to be very high.
Have a look at health benefits of drinking water from the copper vessel.
Celery is one of the best ways to remove toxins from the body. It, therefore, dilutes the kidney stones and helps them to expel from the body. It acts as a natural diuretic and helps to flush toxins from the body.
- Take full celery and boil it with water.
- Boil till the natural ingredients in the celery is dissolved in water.
- Allow the mix to cool down.
- Take the celery residue and blend it in a blender.
- Add sufficient quantity of the stalk along with water and blend again.
- Drink this fresh juice daily to dissolve the kidney stones.
You can also make a herbal tea out of celery seeds. This will be equally useful as the celery stalks.
Consume this tea 2-3 times in a day for effectiveness.
How To Pass The Kidney Stones?
It can be both painful and uncomfortable to pass the kidney stones. However, believe in yourself and follow these simple home remedies for kidney stone. It may take the time to dissolve however it is better than taking medicines which may lead to unwanted side effects.
Also be patient with the remedies that you are trying as it is long term home remedies for kidney stone and will show the result after a period of time. However, kidney stones can be passed naturally and it can be done with the simple home remedies.
Kidney stones are definitely a matter of concern and can be very painful at times. The home remedies for kidney stone are definitely effective. However, you need to check with a doctor regarding the degree of stone formation and whether it is getting dissolved or not.
Also, if you do not find any difference in the stones or it does not reduce in size then better to consult a doctor and take medicines accordingly.
Hope you have found this article useful. In the case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.