Table of Contents Hide
- Few Frequently Asked Question About Eggs A How To Boil Eggs
- 1. Why do my eggs crack when boiling?
- 2. How do you boil hard boiled eggs so they don’t crack?
- 3. How do you boil eggs so they don’t crack?
- 4. How do you keep eggs while boiling to prevent hardboiled egg cracked while cooking?
- 5. How to stop hardboiled egg cracked while cooking?
- 6. How do you boil eggs so they don’t crack and are easy to peel?
- 7. How does a perfect hardboiled egg look like?
- 8. What is the storage time for the hard-boiled eggs?
- 9. Can I store the peeled egg in the refrigerator?
- 10. Can I microwave the eggs do not get a hard-boiled egg cracked while cooking?
- Few Best Methods To Not Getting Egg Cracked While Boiling
- Something That You Don’t Know About The Eggs And Boiling Tips
- Some Pro Tip For Hardboiled Egg Cracked While Cooking
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
The Egg is one commonly heard name in almost all the houses. It is such that it can suffice your hunger and is highly nutritious at the same time. However, an egg cracked while boiling is a major turn off and ruins the smack of it. In this article find the reasons to why so happens and also how do you boil eggs so they don’t crack?
Few Frequently Asked Question About Eggs A How To Boil Eggs
1. Why do my eggs crack when boiling?
The rounded bottom of an egg is filled with air. The round bottom of the egg is actually an air bubble. Heating of the egg causes the air bubble to move upwards from the original position. This exerts the pressure on the shell and thus, the egg cracks.
2. How do you boil hard boiled eggs so they don’t crack?
To prevent the eggs from cracking the best method that you can do is pin-prick the bottom end of the egg. This will allow the passage for air expansion. The pressure will not be exerted on the shell and will not cause the egg to crack.
Let’s know the Best Kitchen Hacks you will wishyou knew!
3. How do you boil eggs so they don’t crack?
If you are not too sure about the pin-prick method above and fear to crack the egg then instead of putting the eggs to boil directly into the boiling water keep them in the normal temperature water. Also, make sure that the eggs are at room temperature before putting them in the water to boil.
4. How do you keep eggs while boiling to prevent hardboiled egg cracked while cooking?
Keep the eggs in cold water. While keeping the eggs in the pot keep it with a spoon well dipped into the water. Turn on the burner, let the water inside boil. Turn off the burner and place a lid over the pot for 13 minutes to get a full hard-cooked yolk egg.
5. How to stop hardboiled egg cracked while cooking?
Add a little amount of salt or vinegar to the eggs while boiling. This will reduce the intensity of the appearance of cracks. Even though if the eggs crack while boiling they will not look as shabby as they always do.
6. How do you boil eggs so they don’t crack and are easy to peel?
- Once the eggs are boiled remove the hot water from the pan and shake it back and forth. This will crack the shells. Now add cold water to the pan and let the eggs set in for few minutes. Now peel the eggs and use the cold water and wash off the peeled eggs with the excess water
- Another method to easily peel the eggs is that you can immediately remove the eggs from the boiling pan and drop them into the cold water. Let them cool down for few minutes and then start peeling the eggs under running tap water starting from the round bottom end of the egg
7. How does a perfect hardboiled egg look like?
A perfectly cooked hardboiled egg after peeling is soft and tender in texture and not rubbery at all. Minimal or absolutely no cracking is the key to get such good textured eggs.
Don’t miss these Handy Tips in Kitchen that you will certainly love!
8. What is the storage time for the hard-boiled eggs?
The hard boiled eggs still in the shell can be stored safely in the refrigerator for a week. Take this pro tip, to prevent your refrigerator from catching egg odor store them in the same container they were bought.
9. Can I store the peeled egg in the refrigerator?
Yes, you can for a while. Not too long. As the matter of fact, the peeled eggs should be eaten the same day to gain the most of the nutrients present in the eggs.
10. Can I microwave the eggs do not get a hard-boiled egg cracked while cooking?
Absolutely NO! You should never microwave the eggs. The steam builds up inside the eggs are sure to cause the eggs to explode inside the microwave. Microwaving the eggs will not only destroy the eggs but also leave you with a lot of cleaning work to be done behind. After all this, you won’t even be able to enjoy the filling meal of eggs.
Don’t miss these Unbelievable Quail Eggs Benefits & Its Nutrition Value…
Few Best Methods To Not Getting Egg Cracked While Boiling
What you’ll need?
- 12 white or brown eggs of your choice
- Water for boiling
- Salt as per need
- Large pan
How to proceed?
- Keep the eggs in the large pan. Add cool water to this. The water level should be an inch above the eggs.
- Turn on the burner and keep it on the medium flame. As the water starts to boil cover the pan with the lid. Turn off the heat. Let the eggs set 12 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and keep them in a colander. Hold the eggs under the tap water and start peeling them.
If you are planning to boil a lot of eggs together in one lot this is the best method you can opt for.
What you’ll need?
- At least a week old eggs
- A large saucepan
- A clean kitchen towel
- Baking Soda -1/4th teaspoon
How to proceed?
- Take the kitchen towel and place it in the large saucepan. The towel works as a cushion and prevents rambling of eggs on one another while boiling.
- Now place the eggs on the towel. You can layer the eggs with towels to boil a lot of eggs at the same time.
- Now fold the towel over the eggs and fill the saucepan with enough water to allow boiling of the eggs.
- Add 1/4th teaspoon of baking soda in the water. This changes the pH of the water, prevents egg cracked while boiling, and makes the eggs easier to peel.
- Boil the water till you see that it is rolling boiling. When you see roll boiling let it boil for a minute. Now switch off the burner.
- Let the eggs remain in the pan till the water in the saucepan cools down naturally.
- Drain the excess amount of water and then remove the eggs from the towel.
- Wash the eggs under the cold water and then start peeling them from the rounded bottom end.
Something That You Don’t Know About The Eggs And Boiling Tips
- It is practically impossible to hard boil eggs at the high altitude. Above 10000 feet your efforts to hard boil eggs are not going to be fruitful.
- A sterile needle is must if be piercing the eggs before cooking as piercing with the unsterile needle will cause bacterial infection.
- Cooling the eggs after boiling causes the egg to contract a little bit inside the shell. Hence cooling the eggs under tap water is recommended. This makes peeling process easier and less messy.
- Get the eggs and store them in the refrigerator for a week or ten days before you intend to cook them. This time window allows the eggs to settle and membranes separate away from the shell. This prevents an occurrence of the egg cracked while boiling.
- Uncooked eggs that stand on their end in the water and do not float on water should be used for salads as they are slightly off the taste.
- Uncooked eggs that float on water completely should be discarded.
- Overcooking of the eggs can cause the egg yolk to be covered with a harmless greenish layer.
Some Pro Tip For Hardboiled Egg Cracked While Cooking
Everybody likes a different type of hardboiled eggs. To achieve the level of hardness the amount of time you let the eggs sit in the water after boiling the water matters a lot. Below listed are the points that will help you understand the timings to set eggs as per need.
- To get a softly cooked egg yolk let the eggs set in the warm water for approximately 4-6 minutes.
- To get a medium cooked egg yolk let the eggs set in the warm water for approximately 6-8 minutes.
- To get a hard-cooked egg yolk let the eggs set in the warm water for approximately 11-13 minutes.
The tips mentioned here are well researched, tried and tested. Using these tip on how not to get the egg cracked while boiling will definitely provide you with the results that you desire for. These entire tips can be used to get completely smooth-shelled eggs after boiling. These eggs can also be used further for dying the eggs for Easter. The color will set perfectly on such not cracked eggs. Do follow the above-mentioned tips and tricks and let us know what turned out the best for you. Happy cooking!