Herbs for weight loss might sound something new for your ears, but if you ask most of the around you, the commonest answer is likely to be losing a few pounds! And herbs help you do just that. Obesity has emerged as a global health menace, affecting people from all age groups, children and teens included. It not only affects your looks and self-esteem badly, but obesity also plays a role behind the onset of several fatal ailments. To fight obesity, you may resort to several methods. From special diets to exercises, no stone is left unturned! And most often than not, they all fail!
Do you want to lose weight? Click here to know what could be the 5 healthy breakfast recipes…
But did you know that a safe and natural way to shed a few pounds would be to simply chomp on some herbs? Yes, you heard it right! Read on to know how herbs can be your new ally in your battle against weight loss.
Let’s know why should we use herbs for weight loss.
Why Use Herbs for Weight Loss?
Resorting to well-crafted diets may help you shed excess flab and nearly every fitness expert recommends exercise to stay fit and slim. However, using natural herbs for weight loss makes sense, as such herbs are loaded with nutrients and compounds that can help accelerate weight loss.
Have you been planning your weight loss program? So, click here to take a look on wonderful & best foods for weight loss.
How Can Some Herbs Help for Weight Loss?
Studies suggest that natural weight loss herbs can help you shed excess flab in three major ways.
- Some herbs help boost metabolism in your body. These herbs are loaded with compounds that can help regulate several internal functions in your body. These in turn help you burn more calories.
- Consuming certain herbs can help curb hunger pangs. Herbs rich in fibre help you stay full for longer, and thereby suppresses hunger and reduces the urge to binge.
- There are a few weight loss herbs that have effective diuretic actions on the human body. These herbs can help your kidneys function better and thus it filters out toxins and waste better. These toxins when stored in the body get converted to fat over time.
Top Herbs That Can be Used to Boost Weight Loss
Below listed are a few herbs to lose weight that you can include in your meals.
This is one herb that truly works. Ginseng is available in two forms – Chinese and Siberian Ginseng. Both types contain caffeine which enhances metabolism and also act as thermogenic agents. It can be used in tea and in the form of supplements. A cup of ginseng tea every morning coupled with rigorous exercise, will make you slim and trim in no time at all.
2. Milk thistle
Milk thistle has natural liver cleansing properties. When the liver is cleansed of toxins, it works better for metabolism and fat burning. This herb like Ginseng is sold in tea and supplement forms in the market. They can easily be bought online too!
Oregano is replete with antioxidants. In fact, it is considered as one of the best herbs for weight loss. It eradicates harmful bacteria from the digestive tract and thus helps eliminate waste. It also aids in digestion, thus reducing the incidences of bloat and constipation.
Wish to shed those pounds off and burn that stored fat? You will love to read about 5 safe & healthy weight loss drinks…
Found in nearly every kitchen, Ginger is a wonderful herb with proven anti-inflammatory properties. This should be included in your diet if weight loss by herbs is on your agenda. Ginger can be easily incorporated into just about any diet. Add it to your soup, grate and throw it into a salad or simply chomp on a small piece of it, to reap the benefits of ginger. Apart from using it to cook various dishes, you can use it with tea and honey. It helps the body burn calories more efficiently.
Sage is one herb that has a distinct flavour and can be added to spice up any dish. Its use reduces blood pressure and anxiety. When you are less anxious or stressed, you will not overeat.
When thinking about herbs for weight loss, dandelion is the least likely contender to crop up in your mind, for you may associate it with weed! But, wait! Dandelion helps in cleansing the liver and normalizing blood sugar. It is perhaps one of the many herbs you should definitely try if you want to quickly lose a few pounds. You may buy it as tea or in supplement form.
Things to Keep in Mind About Herbs
While using herbs to boost weight loss is worth a try, you need to keep a few points in mind.
- Consume these herbs in moderate amounts. Overusing herbs like ginger or milk thistle can have side effects. Some diuretic herbs should not be taken in excess amounts, as it can lead to other health ailments.
- People with certain existing ailments such as BP and hypertension should not eat certain herbs. Doing so can lead to health complications. Women who are breastfeeding or have conceived should seek medical advice before taking any herb for weight loss.
- Herbs like ginger, dandelion and ginseng can interact with certain medications including NSAID class drugs. If you are already taking such medications or blood thinners, consult a doctor before starting the intake of such herbs for safety.
Looking for knowing how to lose weight fast? Here are the best guidelines for a healthy weight loss…
You will be surprised to know that most diet pills, supplements and plans are a combination of herbs. Not many, flip the box to read the ingredients. Herbs have been used for several decades for not just treating health ailments, but also to stay fit and trim!