Very Effective Essential Oils for Scars!
Scars on body parts is not a new thing nowadays. And let’s admit it, scars are ugly and if given a choice, you’d definitely want to get rid of them. This is where the essential oils for scars come in. Treating those scars is important and time-consuming.
This is because scars appear when the skin cell has completely been damaged from that area. It takes a long time for a new layer of skin to cover it up if we talk natural. However, no one wants to stick around for time to naturally heal the scar, especially when it is big and visible and unwanted.
Before getting into any of the detailed stuff, let us first understand the scars.
- Scars could have come upon any part of your body due to an accident or an injury that hurt your skin very bad.
- Scars may arise from prolonged acne marks over the skin. These scars tend to get permanent and are very difficult to remove.
- You might have suffered a minor or major burn on your body through fire or hot water. Those scars could be big and dark and not look good in general.
- Sometimes, surgeries can also leave marks and scars on the body that are really stubborn and often impossible to remove.
- Pregnancy period can leave stubborn scars on the stomach, back and anywhere on the body.
These are some kind of scars on the body that need to be treated with something that has a positive effect in a shorter period of time. Some people tend to opt for fancy medical creams that promise to get rid of the scars for you. However, most of them only get rid of your money and not the scars, as spoken by the results.
However, essential oils for healing scars have found their way to most of the people today. Not only the essential oils are generally good for your skin, but they are also a smarter option to choose when thinking of healing the scars and getting rid of them. You can be the absolutely free mind without the tension of any side effects or problems.
So, here are some of the best essential oils for scars that you can start collecting today and apply daily over your scars to see a significant result over the time.
Essential Oils for Scars
1. Lemon Essential Oil
- As the name suggests, this essential oil contains the goodness of lemon whose juice is well known to work wonders for eliminating body scars.
- Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C. This mineral is important for the skin as it helps the skin in producing collagen faster. The production of collagen helps in getting rid of the scars as the skin gets more firm and smoother.
- The overall skin tone is also improved upon because of the lemon properties.
- All of these qualities make it one of the best essential oils for acne scars. Since the lemon is anti-bacterial in nature, it kills the bacteria on the skin so that more acne production can be halted.
How To Use?
- Take about 4-5 drops of lemon essential oil in a bowl and mix it with a little coconut oil.
- You can also use almond oil or olive oil to mix it in.
- Take a cotton swab and gently apply it over the acne scars.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes and then wash off.
2. Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- This essential oil is one of the best essential oils for healing scars.
- This oil is a natural antiseptic and has great disinfectant as well as tonic properties.
- This oil is also anti-oxidant in nature and hence repairs the skin and its damaged parts really well.
- Other than repairing scars, it also takes care of wrinkles.
3. Geranium Essential Oil
- The Geranium Essential Oil has anti-inflammatory properties and is a great essential oil for providing a radiant skin tone.
- It even helps in dealing with anxiety and hormones.
- For the skin, it helps in controlling the production of sebum and manages an oily skin. It also helps in treating a dull skin and making it fairly glowing.
- When applied to the cuts or scars, it increases the blood circulation and hence it works for healing those scars faster.
4. Lavender Essential Oil
- This is one of the best essential oils when talking about the anti-bacterial properties.
- Because of the anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties of this oil, it works as a great fix for diminishing scars from the body.
- As for repairing damaged skin around the scars, it revitalizes the production of new skin cells and also helps in dealing with wrinkles.
- Even if you get a cut or burn, you can apply this oil directly over it.
5. Helichrysum Essential Oil
- This is one of the best essential oils for scars and it rather a bit expensive than the others.
- This is made with the help of Helichrysum flowers.
- It is a rather lesser known type of essential oil and is mainly famous in the Mediterranean regions.
- It has really effective anti-inflammatory properties. It is also an anti-oxidant and is really helpful in repairing damaged skin.
- It is one of the best essential oils for surgical scars and also the stretch marks caused due to pregnancy.
- To use this oil, it must be combined with either coconut oil or jojoba oil before applying over the scar.
6. Myrrh Essential Oil
- This oil has brilliant anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to heal scars and marks.
- It is also used in dealing with infections and treating acne marks.
- It helps in dealing with skin aging and promotes a healthy skin formation.
7. Rosemary Essential Oil
- This essential oil for scars is antiseptic in nature. Adding to that, it is also anti-bacterial in nature so as to help with fixing damaged skin.
- It is also rich in antioxidants. Along with that is also anti-inflammatory in nature, thus making it the best choice for treating acne and other skin problems including skin scars.
- To use this oil, mix some of it with coconut oil and use it as a massage oil on a regular basis.
- This essential oil is very helpful in promoting good cell production and maintaining a healthy skin.
- It also works brilliantly for dealing with dry skin and stretch marks.
- Regular application of this oil will speed up the process of healing of the scars. Along with scars, it also a great remedy for treating acne problems.
- You can use this oil by mixing some of it with coconut oil or your regular body lotion and applying on the skin daily.
9. Neroli Essential Oil
- This is another great essential oil for treating acne scars.
- It helps in providing the skin with greater elasticity and hence repair the stretch marks caused due to pregnancy.
- It can also heal damaged skin if applied regularly.
- Mix it with some coconut oil or almond/olive oil and massage on to the respective area
10. Sandalwood Essential Oil
- This essential oil has great anti-inflammatory properties.
- Other than it, it is also made of natural antiseptic and disinfectant materials.
- This oil serves great when treating a wound.
- It helps in repairing dead skin cells and treating scars brilliantly. It also cleanses the skin.
- Mix it with some coconut oil or almond/olive oil and massage on to the respective area.
11. Calendula Essential Oil
- This oil has really good anti-inflammatory properties and it also very rich in anti-oxidants.
- This makes it one of the best essential oils for scars including acne and stretch marks.
12. Tea Tree oil
- The tea tree oil is one of the most famous essential oils and is well known for its amazing benefits for the skin.
- It is famous for treating acne and acne marks. It has great anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Other than that, this oil works wonderfully for diminishing the skin scars through a regular application.
- Just mix some of tea tree oil with some coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil or olive oil. You can then use the mix for massaging over the affected area.
One thing to be kept in mind before using any of these essential oils is that they must always first be diluted and then used. Never try to use them directly over your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions about Essential Oils for Scars
1. What are essential oils for scars?
Essential oils for scars are the natural essential oils that can be used in a diluted form to treat scars on the body. These essential oils tend to have properties that boost the skin cell production and fight the bacteria promoting the skin scar. They do not have any side effects and are hence preferred over the medical creams available to treat the scar problem.
2. What is the best essential oil for acne scars?
For treating the acne scars, the lemon essential oil for acne scars is the best choice. This one is rich in Vitamin C which is great for the skin. This will help in removing acne scars and prevent future scars too.