Some Surprising Benefits Of Using Rice Water
- Rice water helps in cleaning, lightening pigmentation and toning the skin.
- It enhances firmness and tightens the skin for a fresh look.
- Rice water helps in reducing acne and redness of the skin.
- Rice water provides with deep conditioning to the hair naturally and softens it too.
- It also improves the elasticity of the hair and reduces the friction surface.
- Rice water is a strong source of energy for the body to fight against various health problems.
- It has helped in curing various stomach related health problems like diarrhea, bloating, constipation, etc.
- It is helpful in protection against the sun and helps in the regulation of the body temperature.
- According to some studies, rice water helps in reducing the chances of dehydration.
- Merely one week of continuous use has given positive results in the skin complexion.
What Is Rice Water? What Are The Nutrients It Contains?
Are you looking for expensive creams and cosmetics products to have a fresh, lively and hygienic skin? But still failing to achieve desired results? Why not go natural with some easily available ingredient like rice water for skin! Yes, you have heard it right. According to various skin specialists, rice water is said to be the secret behind the beauty of the Japanese women.
But actually, is rice water? And how can it help with skin benefits?
Rice water is nothing but simply the water which is used for soaking or boiling rice. This magical water is used for various skin, hair and health benefits too. The water is rich in nutrients like minerals, amino acids, and vitamins that are much beneficial for not only the skin but the hair and the health too. Along with these three essential nutrients, it also includes a good portion of active antioxidants, ferulic acid, allantoin and much more. It is also the best anti-inflammatory ingredient for skin benefits. Rice water is among the traditional remedies which can be carried out at home with ease for every type of skin texture.
What Are The Benefits Of Rice Water For Skin?
As mentioned priory, rice water is filled with various nutrients and beneficial properties that help with a number of skin benefits. Some studies have also agreed to the fact that using rice water for skin would bring out the natural beauty of the skin without any harm.
So, here are some rice water benefits that would drag your mind towards trying it at once.
1. The Best Natural Cleanser
Yes, this is true. You can use rice water on a daily basis for cleaning your facial skin. The properties it contains would get absorbed by the skin of the face and would clean your skin well from daily dirt and other infections. Using the water consistently would show up quick results giving you a clean, soft and radiant look.
For cleansing your skin through rice water, simply take a cotton ball and dip it into rice water. Massage the cotton ball on your face without squeezing the water out from it for a few minutes. Let your face dry naturally as it would help in the absorption of the nutrients.
2. To Protect Your Skin From UV Rays
Rice water for face also protects it from the harmful sun rays that would damage the texture of your skin and open the pores on the face. With the help of rice water, one can also treat the sunburns and help the skin in tightening which reduces the number of open pores on the skin. For effective results, you simply have to use the water and apply it on the sunburn.
3. Helps To Treat Acne And Pimples
Tired of using various skin care products for acne and pimples? Rice water benefits for skin also includes this benefit. According to the Vrije University Brussel locate in Belgium, rice water helps in treating various skin issues like rashes, dermatitis, inflammation, acne, pimples, etc. The magical starch content in the rice water is quite helpful for the people who suffer from pimples and chronic acne frequently.
4. Helps In Keeping Your Skin Young
Rice water for skin is also the best anti-aging treatment. Rice water provides the skin with Vitamin A, E, and C, phenolic compounds and flavonoids that are helpful in improving the elasticity of the skin. They keep the skin hydrated which improve the condition of the skin and protects it from aging.
5. Keeps Cancer Miles Away From Your Skin
Shocking, but it is a fact. Rice water for face not only promotes the growth of cells in the body but also helps in regeneration of the cells which keeps them healthy and smooth. The magical water also helps with required antioxidants that protect the skin from developing cancer. Hence, using rice water daily would not only give you a youthful appearance but will also keep skin cancer at bay from you.
6. For Improving The Complexion Of The Skin
Have you ever thought of using rice water for skin whitening? Don’t get surprised. Rice water helps in improving the color complexion of the skin giving it a brighter touch along with toning it. Daily usage of rice water would come with effective results on pigmentation, sunspots, freckles lightening, and hyperpigmentation too. Regular usage of rice water would surely help in improving the skin complexion.
Hence, rice water for skin not only includes the facial skin but the complete body. Having regular or frequent baths using rice water would not only rejuvenate the skin texture but would also help with utmost relaxation to the skin.
How To Make Rice Water For Skin?
When it comes to making the rice water for skin benefits, there are two different ways the water can be made. Don’t worry, making the water wouldn’t consume too much time as both the procedures consume hardly half an hour.
- Take half a cup of raw or uncooked rice and 2 cups of water.
- Rinse the rice finely to eliminate any kind of impurities from it.
- Take the rice in a bowl and add double water to cover the rice well.
- Allow the rice to soak.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, strain the water into another bowl.
- You can also store the rice water in a clean container in the fridge for using it at night too.
- Take half a cup of raw rice and 2 cups of water.
- Rinse the rice properly for removing the impurities in it.
- Cook the rice as you normally do.
- Once the rice is cooked, strain the water out of it.
- The left-over water is what you are looking for.
- Allow it to cool down and use it for various benefits.
What Are The Different Ways Of Using Rice Water?
Mostly there is one common way of using the rice water by massaging it over the skin. However, apart from that, it can also be used in the form of a facial mask for quick benefits. Here is how you can use it in both the ways.
1. For Using As A Massage On Face
- Take some rice water in a bowl.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it inside the rice water completely.
- Apply the water over the face making circular motions gently.
- Massage the water on the face with the cotton ball for few mins.
- Let the water dry on its own.
- Wash using cold water.
2. For Using Rice Water As A Face Mask
- Take around a half a cup of rice and add 2 cups of water to it.
- Stir the rice using a spoon.
- Allow the rice to settle down for around half an hour.
- Use a sieve and pour the rice water in a separate bowl.
- Take a piece of paper and make small holes in it with a scissor that would allow your nose, mouth, and eyes to pop out.
- Dip the paper or paper towel in the rice water and cover your face with it.
- Allow the paper towel on your face for half an hour.
- Remove it and wash your face with cold water.
Hence, in this way, whether you go for a massage or a mask, rice water would surely moisturize, exfoliate and hydrate your skin properly.
No matter whatever way you select for preparing the rice water, you are sure to get maximum rice water benefits for your skin. For better results, it is advised to use organic rice and filtered water. Also, prefer using white rice instead of brown or red rice as white ones come with extensive benefits. One can use the stored water twice a day for obtaining maximum benefits.
So, next time when you prepare rice for meals, make sure you don’t throw away the rice water and use it for benefiting your skin naturally.
Read Next – How Can Rice Help In Health and Beauty Care?