Generally, you must have heard about the useful applications of fresh fruits from beauty experts and doctors. But have you heard about the remarkable benefits of dry fruits for skin care routine? So, today we are going to throw light on some of the essential uses of dry fruits that can make your skin healthy, glowing and beautiful.
Let us go step-by-step with each of the essential benefits of dry fruits for skin, its properties and applications. Apart from the external benefits of dry fruits for skin, it is also essential to consume it on a consistent basis. However, one has to consume dry fruits in a proper manner and not leniently.
Benefits Of Dry Fruits For Skin Care
Almonds are used in most of the traditional sweet dishes. We even get ready-to-drink almond shakes in the market. However, if almond is applied to the skin, it can act as one of the greatest beauty aids.
Properties of Almonds-
- Vitamins B and Vitamin E
- Emga-3 fatty acids – this is the main element which makes it extremely beneficial for the skin nourishment.
- It offers sufficient hydration to the skin.
- It lightens the skin tone, making it even and glowing.
- It helps in getting rid of dark spots and other signs of pigmentation.
- It fights against signs of aging.
- It adds a protective layer for the skin against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Almonds can be used in various forms such as soaked, grinded and peeled. Women having dry skin need not soak almonds before applying. Whereas women having oily skin should soak the almonds before peeling and grinding it into a powder.
- Almonds can be used in various face packs along with sandalwood powder, oatmeal powder or as it is. Almond oil is used for applying and massaging on the hair to make it lustrous and shiny.
- Almond is also used in under-eye packs and for applying on chapped lips to provide it with adequate nourishment.
Another powerhouse of beauty care nutrients is the dry fruit – apricot. You must have used apricot-based face scrubs for skin. It helps in removing blackheads, whiteheads and other dead cells on the skin, giving a smooth and flawless look. One can also use apricots available at home for skin care.
- An excellent moisturizer, the apricot oil blends into the skin and provides sufficient moisture.
- It makes the skin firm. Hence, one can get rid of the saggy skin.
- The vitamins in the apricots help in fighting against aging signs.
- Moreover, apricot oil is also beneficial for the hair. Yes, that’s true. It acts as a good conditioner for the hair giving it soft and smooth.
- As we all know, apricots are great for exfoliating skin so that skin becomes free from dead skin cells.
- People suffering from skin diseases such as dermatitis or redness must incorporate the application of apricot oil on the skin.
- Instead of grinding apricots at home, one can prevent the hassle and use apricot oil that is available in the market. Apricot oil can be easily applied on the hair, and mixed with other face packs.
- If you want to make an apricot scrub at home, then ground it with sufficient quantity of almonds and use it as a scrub.
Avocado can be perfectly described as a powerhouse of Vitamins. It comprises of all the essential vitamins such as Vitamin A, D, E and H.
That’s the reason why healthcare experts and dieticians tell us to eat dry fruits on a regular basis. Surprisingly, avocados also help in skin care when applied externally. If you think it sounds funny to apply such expensive dry fruits on the skin externally, then let us consider this aspect. Instead of buying expensive skin care and anti-ageing creams from the stores, it is better to use natural ingredients. At the end of the day, it will cost you the same amount but will guarantee you with 100% skin care as compared to the branded ones.
- As already mentioned, it contains large quantities of Vitamins A, D, E and H which is a boon for skin care.
- It is an excellent moisturizing agent that makes the skin soft and supple.
- It protects the skin to fight against damage caused due to pollution and sub rays.
- It is also great for hair care as it softens dry and frizzy hair.
- Mash the avocados and apply a layer on the skin and leave it for nearly 15 minutes. This is the simplest method and you will definitely see the difference. If you have dry skin, then avocados are best for hydrating it.
Well, this sounds very amusing. We have never heard about the use of pistachios in skin care products. But pistachios are beneficial for skin care in several ways.
- Vitamins A, B6 and C
- It acts as an anti-aging agent and provides moisture and softness to dry skin.
- It protects the skin from harsh sun rays and pollutants.
- If you can find pistachio oil, then it should be used for hydrating face as well as body.
- Instead of using chemical-based moisturizers available in the market, one can grind pistachios and use it directly on the skin.
- The best way is to use them along with other natural ingredients such as green gram dal powder or almond powder. Even if it used in minimal quantities regularly, it will work wonders.
Walnuts are eaten by most of the people in the morning. If you observe a walnut carefully, then it resembles the structure of nerves in our brain. Co-incidentally, it is beneficial for brain growth.
Secondly, walnuts are often seen as main ingredients in the ready-made face scrubs available in the market. These are primarily used for removing dead skin cells accumulated in various forms such as blackheads, whiteheads and so on. It removes the dead cells and makes your skin soft and smooth.
- Vitamin B6
- Omega 3-fatty acids
- Walnuts are rich in omega3 –fatty acids. Hence, your skin receives sufficient hydration and softness.
- It fights against aging processes such as wrinkles and fine lines, making the skin more youthful.
- Due to the antioxidants, it removes unnecessary substances from your skin so that the pores are not clogged.
- It also reduces inflammation. Hence, walnuts are used in case of the irritated or dry scalp.
- Moreover, it can add shine and luster to your hair.
- Walnuts can be grounded to use as scrubs instead of opting for a chemical-based one available in the stores.
- Walnut oil is beneficial if you have dry or irritated skin.
- During winter, skin becomes dry and scaly. It is advisable to use walnut oil during those days.
- Walnuts can be powdered for adding to henna. In this way, your hair will not become dry as walnuts provide adequate moisture and shine to the hair.
As we have seen benefits of dry fruits for skin. Thus, these dry fruits are immensely useful for nourishment and smoothness of skin and hair. Even if you do not have adequate time to make home-made remedies, then you can opt for relevant oils. Almond oil is commonly used for massaging on hair. In addition to it, other dry fruit oils such as walnut oil, apricot oil or pistachio must be incorporated in the daily skin care routine to gain more benefits.