Did You Know!
- Hyaluronic Acid was prior used as a substitute for egg white in bakeries in the year 1942.
- It belongs to the molecules named extracellular matrix of the skin which helps in the building of the skin layers important for regulating the cellular functions.
- Hyaluronic Acid is vital for protection against free radical damage, arthritis, hydration, inflammation, lubrication of joints, some cancer types, abnormal immune regulation, lung injury, eye disorders, and much more.
- The term SH popular in some of the skincare products is nothing but Hyaluronic Acid, as SH is some element derived from salt.
- HA is the prime molecule that helps in the moisturization of the skin as it can hold around 1000 times then the water in it serving as an amazing magnet for holding moisture.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a molecule that naturally occurs in the hair, skin, joints, nerves and the eyes which work as a cushion for promoting collagen provides elasticity, flexibility, and increases moisture too.
What Is Hyaluronic Acid? How Can It Be Included In The Routine?
Hyaluronic Acid, aware of this word? No? Don’t worry, there are many who are not familiar with this word, and the bundle of benefits it comes with. Yet, if you are fond of knowing in detail about the cosmetics and skincare products, you will surely know what we are going to talk about today. There are a number of products that include a hyaluronic acid for skin benefits to gift your skin with some moisture, firming and plumping impact. Let’s firstly know what actually is hyaluronic acid.
Whether you check out the ingredients of face masks, serums, cleansers or even the moisturizers, hyaluronic acid is a buzz for the beauty world. Hyaluronic acid is a hydrating molecule that converts chapped skin or dry skin into smooth and suppler. The acid is naturally produced in the human bodies and is also responsible for several other natural processes in the body. It is found in every tissue of the body and located among the cells in the form of a matrix to give them tissues proper support and structure.
Hyaluronic acid is an ingredient that wouldn’t be replaced by any other ingredient in skincare. It can be used in a number of ways to calm, hydrate and antioxidize any type of skin. You can use hyaluronic acid in the following ways.
- In the form of a booster for every kind of skin.
- In the form of intensive repair cream used for normal to dry skin.
- In the form of brightening essence to be used by every kind of skin.
- In the form of a renewal mask to be used by every skin type.
What Are Hyaluronic Acid Benefits For Skin?
No doubt, hyaluronic acid is many popular various benefits, it is primarily important for the skin. It not only provides the skin with some hydration but also gives it a firm, plumy and glowing texture. It acts similar to the sponge and holds a good amount of water in the skin which helps in various ways for the skin.
Let’s list out some of the benefits of hyaluronic acid for the skin.
1. Hydrates The Dry Skin-Hyaluronic Acid
This is the prime reason hyaluronic acid has gained more popularity for. The element is capable to trap more than 1000 times of water weight which helps in hydrating the skin. Using even a raindrop size of the volume of hyaluronic acid provides you with 0.03 ounces of hydration that is the required amount of hydration required for the skin.
2. Provides Perfect Balance To The Oily And Combined Skin-Hyaluronic Acid
If you are thinking hyaluronic acid benefits for skin only moisturizes the skin, you are definitely wrong. The acid also helps in maintaining the balance of the oily skin and combined skin in an amazing way. The skin comes with a natural ability to react to the environment in producing less or more oil as per the requirement. However, this damage cannot be cleaned on daily basis. Using harsh cleansers on the oily skin would wipe out the beneficial oils from the skin. Hyaluronic acid here provides your skin with enough oil for maintaining perfect balance.
3. Amazing Skin Hydration-Hyaluronic Acid
Are you sensitive to various allergies? The hyaluronic acid is surely going to be your best friend in this situation. Considering the ingredients about sensitive care, hyaluronic acid is the best to use as it is your companion since your birth. The acid holds the cells of the skin together forming a perfect structure of the skin. The hyaluronic acid henceforth is much essential for maintaining hydration levels in the skin.
4. Helps To Keep Your Skin Mature
For those willing to have a mature skin, hyaluronic acid is the best option, to begin with. The acid pulls back the moisture in the skin which helps in fighting against wrinkles, fine lines, etc. to give the skin a tight and plumy texture. It protects the skin from any kind of barriers providing it with natural moisture. Hyaluronic acid for acne is also among the benefits list as it smoothens the skin texture.
5. Tissue Repairs
Hyaluronic acid also plays an important role in the healing process of the wounds. The acid moves to the cells which further move to the wounds for forming new skin. Also, during sunburns, using hyaluronic acid or its serum along with Aloe Vera would boost healing during summers. Hence, it is also an amazing tissue repairer.
This is not enough. Along with hyaluronic acid benefits for skin, there are various health and hair benefits of the acid too. Hence, by using hyaluronic acid, you work on every aspect of the skin like a safeguard, constant renewal, and stability too. It is too gentle on the skin which makes it the best ingredient while dealing with too oily as well as too sensitive skin.
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Hyaluronic Acid For Skin?
Hyaluronic acid for skin is so far an ingredient that is quite cozy and safe to use for any kind of skin texture. However, there are some negative effects also that are observed while using the acid. Naturally, using hyaluronic acid gives you a smooth, young and glowing skin, but did you know, by doing so, it also reduces the ability of the skin for providing you with further benefits? Yes, the skin loses its moistening ability when the acid is used in more than required quantity. The hyaluronic acid comes in three different types namely high molecular weight, medium and low molecular weight. All of them are similar, yet all have different uses. And when the uses are not properly understood, it can result in skin irritations, bruises, scratches, sunburns, or even cuts.
Again, side effects for hyaluronic acid for skin may also be observed when used during pregnancy or even breastfeeding. Hence, during such a situation, it also advisable to avoid using the supplements of hyaluronic acid. Patients having a history of cancer should also avoid using the acid or even the supplement of it.
So, no matter whether you are looking for reducing those poky acne pimples, ultra-hydration, or simply want to boost your skin health, hyaluronic acid for skin is the best ingredient to look for. Have you tried it? Let us know about your experience.