Is there anyone who can resist the lushly watermelon juice on a hot day? Most of us see water melon as that lushy fruit that is loved on a summer day. Many people also feel that watermelon has less to do with nutrition and health benefits as there is 90% water content in watermelon. Very few people are aware of the health benefits of watermelon. If you too know only little about the amazing health benefits you can enjoy if you drink water melon juice, this article will come handy to you. This mouth-watering fruit isn’t just a treat on a hot summer day but can be a rich source of various vital nutrients that are essential for your body. Some water melon juice benefits for skin and health are listed down below that will surely convince you to drink this juice almost everyday! And yes! Drinking it not just for the taste but its health benefits too! Read on!
What Has The Research Got To Say?
- The research conducted by the United States department of Agriculture (USDA) shows that approximately 4 billion pounds of this fruit is consumed by Americans every year.
- Various other studies that are conducted by the USDA shows that consuming water melon on a regular basis can help to reduce risks of various health problems that are closely associated with lifestyle habits.
- Water melon juice is found to have the capabilities of reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
- That’s some research facts which strongly assert that water melon juice has many health benefits. Lets dig into more health benefits of drinking water melon juice.
Some Essential Nutritional Facts of Water Melon Juice Worth Knowing!
- Water melon is a rich source of vitamin A , C and B. these vitamins are vital for fighting many diseases.
- Water melon does not have cholesterol or fat content. However there is some percentage of sodium content in it.
- Watermelon also has fibrous content in it that aids in good digestion.
- Watermelon juice also has potassium, iron, carbohydrates and proteins content that helps in keeping up over all good health of the body.
Health Benefits of Drinking Water Melon Juice
1. Helps In Reducing The Chances of Cancer
There are certain types of cancers that can be kept at bay by drinking watermelon juice everyday. Studies are still ongoing and the scientists strongly suggest regular intake of water melon juice for every one who want to stay away from specific types of cancer. Vitamin A and C that are found in abundance in water melon juice are responsible for protecting the cells from possible radical damages. In the nutrition clubs you can see that this juice is highly recommended by the nutritionists so that all the club members are prevented from getting affected by cancer. However it may be noted that water melon juice has the properties that can prevent cancer but not cure cancer. So it becomes important to mind the difference.
2. Care Taker of Your Heart
Heart is the organ in the body that has to work continuously without a break. Just like the saying “A healthy inside contributes to a healthy outside”, many doctors believe that a healthy heart can play a major role in keeping up your good health. The beta carotene element that is contained in the water melon juice helps to reduce the cholesterol to a great extent. The essential amino acids too are found in abundance in water melon juice that maintains the good health of arteries. Studies have shown that people who intake a lot of water melon juice have good circulatory systems. Thus water melon also helps your body to have a healthy blood flow.
3. Promotes Good Eye Health
Today due to the advent of technology most of us spend our days with our systems. This will surely have a negative impact on our eyes and do we need to say that? Most of you would have experienced it yourself right? After a tiring day in front of systems, all our eyes need is a good sleep. But what if we told you that drinking a fresh fruit juice can actually relieve your eye strain? Yes! Heard us right! Carrot juice isn’t the only food that is loved by our eyes see! Watermelon juice can work wonders for you in relieving you of your eyestrain. What’s the math behind it? Watermelon is a very rich source of beta carotene that is way too healthy for your eyes. It also has vitamin A content in it that aids good health of our eyes. A regular intake of water melon juice for about 2 to 3 months is bound to show you results and you will be amazed to see the results by yourself.
4. Blood Pressure
A research paper that was published in America had reported that the watermelon had the abilities to reduce the blood pressure to the required levels. Especially for those people who are too obese and develop blood pressure due to obesity, watermelon juice can turn out to be a magic juice! So if you are too obese and prone to developing a high blood pressure, you should be looking for watermelon juice right away! Besides, the magnesium and potassium content supplemented by the acids present in the watermelon juice helps in keeping up good health of blood vessels. Drinking watermelon juice can help you to maintain a healthy acid and electrolyte balance. A healthy electrolyte balance contributes to a stable level of blood pressure.
5. Great Fruit Juice During The Pregnancy
Many women are not aware that watermelon juice is a perfect tailor made juice when they are pregnant. A research that was conducted in America showed that the women who drank a lot of watermelon juice during the days of their pregnancy reduced the heartburn to a great extent. Heartburns during pregnancy are very common and many women experience a lot of pain during the heart burns. The other effects of pregnancy like swelling and morning sickness too can be reduced by drinking a glass of water melon juice. A lot of expensive medications can be easily avoided by doing so. All you have to do is drink a big glass of fresh lushy watermelon juice as soon as you wake up. The nutrients that are present in watermelon juice are capable of reducing the preeclampsia to a great extent. Also, since this contains vitamin A and C in abundance it wouldn’t be a painful experience for pregnant women to drink it.
The risks of developing cancer are very less in those people who are regular consumers of vitamin C. Thus fruits like water melon, orange, lemon etc which are rich in vitamin C should be consumed frequently to stay at bay from Asthma problems. However it is very important to note that water melon or any other fruit that is rich in vitamin C cannot cure asthma but can prevent our bodies from developing Asthma. Prevention is better than cure see!
Go for some of the best Lemon hacks given here that can enhance your beauty!
7. Weight Loss
Weight loss is one of the major problems today and we can see many people struggling to lose weight. If you too are bothered about your weight loss and those expensive weight loss treatments did not work you its time you consider this fruit juice to lose some weight in a healthy manner. Watermelon is very low in calories and absolutely does not contain any fat that puts on weight to your body. Hence regular consumption can help you to lose weight. Also there’s another logical way of looking at it. As water melon contains 90 percentage of water content in makes us feel fuller very soon and thus avoids us from over eating. So if you are one among them who just cannot resist the food and has a habit of eating all the time, consider drinking watermelon juice. Also if you are binge eater, it is one of the best ways to put an end to it.
8. Health of Your Kidney
Watermelon can act as a diuretic that can stimulate the functions of kidneys. The uric acid content in the blood is reduced and helps smoothening the functions of kidneys. Watermelon that consists of 90 percent of water can also help those who are suffering from kidney stones. Kidney stones develop due to lack of water content in the body. It is quite difficult to convince the patients to drink water in large quantities thus doctors usually resort to providing the patients the ideas of drinking watermelon juice. Hard to say no to fresh fruit juice right?
Benefits of Watermelon Juice For Skin
- Most of us are probably aware that hydration is really a very important point that has to be considered for good skin health. Our skin needs to be kept hydrated all the time so that the signs of aging like wrinkles and dryness can be kept at bay.
- Water melon juice is a great idea to consider if you want to keep your body well hydrated.
- The vitamin c content in the water melon maintains collagen that is crucial for the body shape.
- Wrinkles in the skin can be gotten rid of by rubbing the water melon on the skin vigorously.
If you don’t know benefits of aloe vera juice, then must read Aloe vera juice benefits for your health
Different Ways of Consuming Watermelon
- There are various healthy recipes of water melon that you can try out at home. Instead of sipping in the same juice every day you can actually try some different recipes of watermelon juice.
- By doing so, you will never get bored of drinking water melon juice even if you were asked to drink it every day.
- To start with the most basic one all you need is just a fresh watermelon and some sugar or honey if needed. Cut the water melon juice into small piece and grind it well with water. You may add some extra sugar to it for taste. Honey can also be added as a substitute for sugar. And your juice is ready! Simple as that!
- Another way of eating water melon is to cut into slightly larger pieces and spray it with the pepper powder or salt. It’s absolutely yummy and your tongue is going to love it!
- You may also simply make a fruit salad adding the chunks of water melon. To give it an innovative touch you can spray some mint onto it.
Some Tips That Tell You Which Water Melon is Fresh in The Market
With all the motivation you go to the market to grab a water melon only to see that there are lots in the market and you are confused as to which ones are fresh! Do not worry! Here are some tips! Read on!
- When you go shopping for water melon just thump it by using your knuckles. If the fruit sounds hollow, then it will probably be sweet and is fresh.
- Water melons that are dark green are really fresh especially those that have a very light yellow base.
- While there are a lot of seedless water melons too available you can choose them too if required.
- However the nutritionists say that water melons that are seedless are less nutritious as compared to those which are loaded with seeds. The ones that have seeds are grown naturally where as the ones which are seedless are breaded and are not very natural.
- Always make sure that you wash the watermelon with water or apple vinegar to remove all the wax that is applied on these fruits to make them look attractive for our eyes.
Those were some amazing benefits of water melon juice that helps in promoting good health and skin care. Just being familiar with the water melon juice benefits for skin and health would not help. You should start drinking loads of water melon juice right away to keep your body in a very healthy condition. Supplementing the water melon juice with other fruit juices also can be great. All the fruits have different nutritional values and our bodies should not be missing out on any of those benefits!