Table of Contents Hide
- What Are Menstrual Cramps And Why You Suffer From It?
- Home Remedies V/S Pills For Soothing Menstrual Cramps
- Home Remedies For Menstrual Cramps
- Foods to Avoid
- Foods to Consume
- Meditation and Yoga
- Light Exercises
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Experiencing the worst five days of pain while menstruation period is simply annoying! Menstruation is a kind of loop that will be part of your life every 5-6 days of the month but still many of us are not familiar with what exactly the menstruation is about and it is very important to know the exact reason behind cramps! It is important to learn about cramps and its solutions so that you could fight with it effectively. Find the reason behind cramps and stay pain-free by fighting it with this home remedies for menstrual cramps!
What Are Menstrual Cramps And Why You Suffer From It?
- The feeling of pain and extreme tightness in the abdomen, hips, thighs, legs and each part of your body during your menstruation cycle is known as the menstrual cramps!
- These cramps different from woman to woman. Some experience extreme pain while some face little pain throughout their life! Also, the pain is not constant. It can change as your body changes!
- We all blame the menstruation due to such unbearable pain and cramps but you must even know why it happens!
- During menstruation the wall called uterine muscles sheds down into several pieces and release out due to this process you may feel the severe cramps , it is very common to feel pain in abdomen, thighs and lower back while some of the girls also feel chest pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- But, there are some proven home remedies which will help you in relieving from cramps that disturb your day to day work and gives you discomfort. Try these and banish the cramps soon!
Before we move on to the home remedies for menstrual cramps, we need to target a question that why not uses the medicines and pills for healing menstrual cramps but the natural remedies!
Home Remedies V/S Pills For Soothing Menstrual Cramps
If you are habituated to consume the pain killers and pills for soothing the menstrual cramps, you must know that these pills are filled with the elements which can have side effects on your body.
Drowsiness, tiredness, fatigue and such side effects are common for those women who consume pain killers for soothing the cramps.
There are some severe problems and health issues of the pain killer s used for soothing cramps which can worsen your health! Here are some severe and rare side effects which can affect you.
- Blurred vision and eyesight issues
- Dryness in nose, throat and mouth
- Excessive sweating and tiredness
- Skin sensitivity, rashes and hives
- Reduced appetite and feeling of fullness
Also, there are some intense side effects of contraceptive pills which can affect your body and create some dangerous situations!
- Reduced blood platelet count
- Blood issues
- Skin allergies
- Liver failure and issues
- Decreased white blood cells
Though these are rare symptoms which do not happen with everyone, it is very important to consider these symptoms!
With natural ingredients, the risk of these side effects gets reduced. All the natural remedies are important and would not let you get into a risky health condition.
The natural remedies for menstrual cramps would keep you active without any side effects. The natural ingredients, nutrients, and pain boosting techniques would simply work miracles on your pain!
Thus, consider these cool natural remedies for menstrual cramps for once and heal your body with the natural and harmless remedies.
Home Remedies For Menstrual Cramps
1. Heat / Cold Packs
This is an extremely important and amazing way to reduce menstrual cramps. It is one of the best remedies for menstrual cramps which would have some promising effects. This is a well tried and tested method which would banish your abdominal cramps quickly!
How To Use Heat/Cold Packs?
- Get some heat or cold packs.
- If you don’t like to use the cold pack due to chilly weather, use the heat packs which are very beneficial.
- Lie down and place the heat packs on your abdomen.
- Place the heat packs on your abdomen or move the pack in the circular motion on your abdomen.
- You can also place the heat packs on your hips and thighs.
- Massage and move the packs for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Within few minutes, you would feel the soothing and calmness in your body!
- This is one of the effective ways to fight menstrual cramps quickly!
2. Massage Your Lower Abdomen With Essential Oils
This is one of the amazing remedies for menstrual cramps. Essential oils are awesome which can make your stomach relieved from pain and tightness. During periods, you would also feel gas, bloated and tightness in your abdomen. The messages would simply soothe the cramps and would regulate blood flow!
How To Use Essential Oils?
- You can choose any favorite essential oil for massages.
- Lavender oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil and different oil for massages.
- Heat the essential oil and take it in your palms.
- Apply it on your abdomen and belly.
- In circular motion massage the abdomen. Then slowly massage the stomach from your waist to the pelvic area. This would sooth your menstrual cramps as never before!
- The massages help in boosting blood flow and would clean up your system while reducing pain and cramps in your body!
Diet has a very important impact on your menstrual issues. When you are on your periods, there are various foods which you must consume to soothe the body and regulate blood flow while there are also foods which would trigger pain and be bloating! Here are some foods which you must consider and avoid for soothing menstrual cramps!
Foods to Avoid
Alcohol is a drink which is filled with ingredients which can cause a lot of stomach issues. Alcohol consists of extreme sugar and ingredients which can cause gas and be bloating.
There are the prime triggers of menstrual cramps and thus, reduce the intake of alcohol if you want to stay away from menstrual cramps! Thus, low intake of alcohol would keep your body healthy and fit!
2. Oily Foods
Not only during menstruation cycle, but on the regular basis too, oily foods can cause digestion issues, heartburns, acidity, stomach cramps and such issues. When you eat oily foods during your periods, you can suffer from gas, bloating and cramps.
Thus, reduce your oily food intake especially during menstrual cycle to fight such cramps. The fruits and vegetables would boost your metabolism which would fight issues like bloating and heart burns and reduce the cramps!
3. Caffeine and Carbonated Drinks
Both of these drinks are filled with a lot of gastric ingredients and caffeine which is absolutely negative during the menstrual cycle. These drinks consist of the elements which can cause excessive bloating and tightness in your abdomen which can result in extreme cramps.
When you feel light and easy, the menstrual cycle would not become so painful. To stay healthy and light during periods, avoid caffeine and carbonated drinks and you won’t need any pain killers!
4. Reduce Intake Of Salt
Sodium is the trigger to gas, bloating and cramps and during your periods, you must reduce the intake of salt to consume less sodium. This is a trigger which can enhance the menstrual cramps which can worsen your periods!
Thus, consume less salt and rely on the fresh veggies and fruits more to feel light, less bloated and healthy!
Foods to Consume
1. Drink Hot Water
Hot water helps in soothing menstrual cramps as it would fight all the toxins, flush them out of your body and also fight issues which can cause bloating, gas, indigestion etc.
- It is very common to get digestive issues and bloating during periods and thus, high intake of warm water can help in soothing these issues.
- Every morning, wake up with a glass full of warm water and say bye bye to cramps forever! Throughout the day, drink lots of water and try keeping it warm to effectively fight the cramps!
- Take a glass of Luke warm water, add half spoon honey, juice of one full lemon and drink this awesome warm deter drink to fight menstrual cramps!
Cinnamon is an awesome healing ingredient which can fight tightness, bloating and gas in minutes! Daily consuming some cinnamon would regulate your menstrual blood flow and keep you healthy.
- Cinnamon is filled with active ingredients and all the organic soothing ingredients which can fight tightness in the abdomen, bloated stomach, indigestion issues and keeps you healthy!
- Take 1 cup of warm water.
- Add 1 spoon honey and some cinnamon powder in this mixture.
- Drink this lukewarm milk every day during your periods and let this amazing drink fight menstrual cramps effectively!
This is a safe and side effect free treatment for menstrual cramps. If your stomach and abdomen feel extremely tight and bloated, fennel seeds can help in fighting this pain. Generally, cramps happen due to the contraction of muscles and thus, fennel seeds help in soothing and relaxing those muscles.
- Sooth your muscles and aid digestion with this amazing ingredient which can work miraculously on your menstrual cramps and make you feel light and healthy!
- Crush some fennel seeds and make thin powder.
- Add 2 spoons fennel powder in a class full of water and drink.
You can also soak the fennel seeds overnight, blend it next morning and drink the juice prepared from it! This is one of the most effective ways to fight menstrual cramps!
Basil is such an amazing ingredient which can give immense relief from the pain and suffering of menstrual cramps. This amazing herb is filled with healing and soothing properties which would relax and sooth your muscles. Its anti bacterial, anti viral and healing properties would battle cramps effectively!
- The best thing about basil is the anti inflammatory properties which can soothe your muscles and reduces cramps as never before! Try this amazing method to fight menstrual pain and get rid of it soon.
- Crush 6-8 basil leaves and crush them. Chew these leaves every morning and fight the cramps soon.
- Also, you can drink the refreshing basil tea for soothing and light periods!
If you ask me, what works the best for all these remedies for menstrual cramps, I would surely answer ginger. With its amazing anti inflammatory properties, it would have the magical impact on your period cramps. Filled with natural and organic ingredients, it would simply soothe your muscles as never before!
- Ginger has the amazing healing properties which would sooth your contracting muscles, regulate blood flow and also ditch bloating.
- It would also take care of food digestion which can cause bloating and enhance the pain during periods. Thus go for ginger and feel lighter and free during your periods!
- Boil one cup of water.
- Add half spoon grated ginger and 1 spoon honey.
- Drink this mixture Luke warm every day if you want to keep away from menstrual cramps and have a healthy period!
Meditation and Yoga
- Mediation is one of the promising ways to heal pain and cramps during periods. Yoga is one of the best ways to boost blood flow, fight delayed menstruation and battle with menstruation cramps.
- While you perform these amazing de stressing workouts, your body and muscles would get calmed. The soothing and flexibility in the muscles can work magically on your menstrual cramps and would sooth them easily.
- There are some awesome yoga poses which can help your muscles and uterus lining get loose which would reduce cramps. Also one of the reasons of cramps is low blood flow.
- Yoga would simply regulate blood flow and reduce pain while cleansing your body! Try yoga and meditation and soot yourself during periods!
- There are some cool light exercises which can help in soothing menstrual pain. The exercises would help in releasing gas, bloating and such issues related to your stomach
- Also the uterus lining and the muscles which get tight can be soothing and calm if you perform light exercises
- The pain relieving hormones and elements are secreted when you perform some light workouts and thus, it is beneficial to go for some mild workouts during your periods
- You can try walking to relieve menstrual cramps and feel light, active and energetic during your periods!
Here are some amazing remedies for menstrual cramps. Instead of sitting in your bed all the day long while complaining about menstrual cramps, try these cool remedies for menstrual cramps and perform all your routine work with more energy and enthusiasm!
Don’t let the menstrual pain affect your routine and live free with these cool tips!