“Why is my period late?” Have you ever asked this question to yourself.
Though we definitely won’t desperately wait for it delayed menstruation leads us to several questions and tensions! You don’t need to panic as it a common phenomenon which happens for every girl more than once in their life time! There are different reasons behind delayed menstruation and here is a peek into the causes and remedies you can try for it! Go through this carefully! I’m sure you’re going to get relief from it soon!
Menstruation is a very important cycle which is a part of woman’s life. This is also a key to female hygiene and thus, don’t take it lightly and understand it with this amazing guide!
- What is delayed menstruation?
- What are the signs of delayed periods and how can it affect my body?
- Why Is My Period Late?
- Do I need to worry due to delayed periods?
- What are the home remedies for delayed menstruation?
- How much effective are thee remedies and should I try it?
What Is Delayed Menstruation?
- Menstruation is one of the essential processes happening inside the female body. This is the process due to which a woman can conceive and carry a baby! This monthly cycle is generally regular and is a 28 day cycle.
- If you miss the periods on 28th day and your menstrual cycle starts late, this is known as delayed menstruation. Generally, delayed menstruation happens when you get pregnant or when you get into the menopause.
- These are the two common occasions when delayed menstruation happens and is normal. But apart from this, there are several other occasions when you may face delayed menstruation! If your cycle falls in between 21-35 days, it is not considered as delayed menstruation and is not a sign to worry!
What Are the Signs Of Delayed Periods And How Can It Affect My Body?
There are certain ways through which you can identify whether you are getting the menstrual cycle on time or not. And if you think that delayed periods or menstruation is quite common and won’t affect you, you must know that it is a process which needs to be regular. There are some side effects and negative impacts of delayed periods on your body which are given below!
- If you don’t get your periods within the 21-35 days cycle, it is a first sign which shows you have delayed periods.
- Extreme lower belly pain and tightness is the sign of delayed periods with fluctuations in date of periods.
- If you go for a pregnancy test but the test is negative but though you get a feeling of being pregnant is when your periods are delayed!
- You regularly miss the periods and never get your periods in the actual time of your menstrual cycle. This may happen frequently and also you can get your periods after 2 months gap!
- If you don’t get in periods though you are 16, it shows something is wrong as this is the ideal age when girls attain puberty!
- Delayed periods can cause some unwanted changes in your body. the hormonal changes, weight gain, mood swings are the common effects.
- Also, delayed periods show that you are unhealthy and something is wrong with your system. Periods are a sign of healthy growth in women and if you constantly miss it, your body can get affected with different problems!
- Delayed periods is the sign of problems in hormones which can trigger obesity, PCOS, heart disease, infertility and various harmful effects!
- Delayed periods can also affect the metabolism which can lead to high BMI, obesity and such issues which are the triggers for some extremely dangerous disease!
Thus, consult your doctor whenever you think that you are missing your periods on a regular basis. It can be a sign of drastic hormonal changes in your body which can lead you to several lives threatening disease in your future!
Why Is My Period Late?
There are several reasons behind delayed periods accept the pregnancy. Here I have all the reason mentioned below which would help you to identify and cure it effectively. Have a look!
Stress is a completely negative feeling which can make your body work harder and lose strength to fight with various issues. When you get stressed, your hormones, thyroid glands get affected. The secretion and production of hormones get affected due to high-stress levels.
- When your thyroid gland is unable to generate hormones as per the regular pattern, it would affect your uterus lining which plays a very important role in conceiving and in periods.
- This is the reason when you get stressed up regarding any event, your body and uterus lining especially responds in a negative way and you miss periods!
- Also, this process has a connection with pregnancy and various menstrual disorders!
- Thus, leave your office stress, weight gain stress, and family issue stress, better performance stress away if you want to make your body healthy and active!
2. Sudden Increase Or Decrease In Weight
The periods also have a connection to your metabolic system. Also, the BMI has an impact on your body and periods. If your BMI falls below 18, your body and especially your menstrual system would give signs!
- Some body weight and proper BMI is needed to generate hormones. These hormones are regulated which can regularly maintain your periods. When these hormones do not behave correctly, it can have an impact on your body which can be delayed periods!
- Also, if a woman starts following the extreme diet which can lead to the deficiency of different nutrients can also result in delayed periods.
- The nutrients and hormones are important for the menstrual cycle to regulate!
- Also, women with extreme weight and abnormally high BMI levels face the same issues and can have delayed periods. Thus a balanced diet and maintained weight are important to keep your menstrual cycle regular!
3. Changes In Exercise Routine
Exercises are extremely important for your body but some exercises can impact women’s health drastically. It is important to balance your workout schedules else it can affect your menstruation
- When you start exercising with intense weight and with the workouts which requires extreme concentration and hard work, the periods get late or can suddenly stop.
- When you perform such high-intensity workouts to which your body is completely untrained, the stress hormones are released which would affect your periods and the related hormones.
- This excess stress would reduce the sex hormones and can affect your menstrual cycle.
- Thus, intense athletic practice, heavy weights and such practices can cause delayed periods!
The illnesses and the medicines which you consume can have a huge impact on your periods. If you are suffering from any illness during the time of your ovulation, your periods may delay.
- The sickness, medicines and its impact on your body and hormonal levels can cause delayed periods which is not a matter of concern.
- Your periods would get regulated within few days and this is a temporary delay!
5. Pills Or Medicines For Birth Control
The birth control pills can have a great impact on your hormones. These are the pills which can negatively affect your hormones and can release the stress hormones which would affect you periods.
- Especially, stopping the contraceptive pills suddenly can make your system confused which would affect the hormones and cause delayed periods.
- After you stop the birth control periods, irregular periods would happen for some time but if it happened regularly, this is a sign of something wrong.
- The estrogen levels are high during the phase when you consume the contraceptive pills but when you suddenly stop it, your body gets confused about pregnancy and can result into late periods!
- You must consult your doctor and take proper advice!
6. Early Menopause
Menopause is a hard and tough phase for women. During this phase, the body changes and also the hormonal levels change. This has a direct impact on the periods!
- Sometimes women can get into menopause in the early age. It is called pre menopause in which, women gets into menopause at the early age of 40
- In this phase, the hormones do not get released as are required and can suffer from missed periods, mood swings, vaginal dryness etc!
- Thus, if you are around 40, and you face delayed period issues, you must consult a doctor and go for a checkup!
7. Hormonal Changes
There are different hormonal changes ongoing in the body. Especially women suffering from PCOS which is a huge hormonal imbalance can get affected with delayed periods soon!
- The changes in the sex hormones would get fluctuated which can also cause acne, uncontrollable hair growth, blood sugar issues and much more which can result into delayed periods!
- Hormones have a very important role to play in the menstrual cycle and if your body suffers from hormonal changes, it can cause delayed periods!
Anemia is a condition in which, the body faces nutrient deficiency. Anemia is a condition in which your body suffers from the iron deficiency. Iron is a very important nutrient which promoted blood flow in the body
- Anemia deficiency can cause delayed periods due to the scarcity of blood. As your hemoglobin levels are low, it is difficult to get enough bleeding during menstruation cycle.
- Thus, this can lead to tiredness, weakness and such conditions! Thus, if you are suffering from anemia, it can lead to delayed and scanty periods!
9. It Can Be Thyroid
There are no perfect reasons and sign which showcase thyroid issues. The thyroid glands are the glands which secret all the important hormones in our body. And thus, if you are suffering from thyroid issues, your periods can get delayed!
- Any issues in the thyroid glands can lead to missed periods. This also has a relation with stress levels the diet you eat and workouts!
- Extreme stress can lead to issues in releasing hormones and thus, the thyroid gland plays a very important role in your delayed periods!
10. Or It Just Can Be Your Calculation Mistake! (21 -35 Days Cycle)
Some women can have a mistake in calculating the period date and monthly cycle and can get mistaken. Generally, the menstrual cycle lies in between 21 to 35 days which means in between these days if you get your periods, it is fine!
- Even getting your periods 2-3 days early than your last periods date or getting your periods 2-3 days late then your periods date is ok!
- Thus, calculate your menstrual cycle and 2-3 days gap is normal so don’t get worried!
Do I Need To Worry Due To Delayed Periods?
It can be identified by a number of days and loss of blood you experienced. Yes, if you have delayed your periods more than 35 days or you had the high loss of blood than regular then there something which needs to be cured.
It is completely normal if your periods get delayed by 1-2 weeks after the date. And it can be cured using below home remedies easily!
But it is very sensitive you must visit the doctor and go for check up if you are experiencing things, which can be a sign of something that is not good!
- Head ache or Head spins
- Breast lactation
- Noticeable hair loss
- Changes in Eyesight
What Are The Home Remedies For Delayed Menstruation?
After knowing the reasons and complication, here are some promising and natural home remedies to get your menstrual cycle on track. Here are the home remedies for regular and healthy menstruation cycle.
1. Parsley Juice
Parsley is an amazing green vegetable which can stimulate all your bodily processes and can lead you towards a healthy life. Parsley hare filled with rich nutrients, anti oxidants, fiber and such nutrients which would regain your periods and its regularity.
Method To Use Parsley
- Get some parsley leaves and crush them in a blender.
- Add water and prepare a thick juice.
- Daily morning, drink this juice for few days and get your periods regular!
- This will not only improve your periods but would also fill you with nutrients and keep you healthy!
2. Drink Radish Seeds Mixture
Radish seeds have an awesome impact on your menstrual cycle. It can regulate blood flow and can also improve your overall health. These are the seeds which can fight all the issues which can cause delayed periods and can regulate periods!
Method To Use Radish Seed Powder
- Get some radish seeds powder from the market or the radish seeds.
- Make 1 spoon powder and add it into the water.
- Use Luke warm water and mix these ingredients.
- Drink 1 cup water and radish seeds powder daily and make your periods get regulated!
Ginger is an amazing ingredient with some uncountable properties which would never fail to regulate your menstrual cycle. It consists of anti oxidants, anti bacterial properties, healing and soothing properties and all the organic ingredients which can sooth menstrual pain and regulate blood flow during periods.
Method To Use Ginger
- Add 1 cup water in a pan and 1 spoon grated ginger.
- Also, add 1 spoon honey for taste and let this mixture boil.
- When Luke warm, drink this mixture and quickly solve the issue of delayed periods.
- This is an awesome drink which would regulate your periods and would help in soothing your menstrual pain!
Cinnamon is an amazing spice and herb which can heal the menstrual pin quickly and also give promising result on irregular periods. Cinnamon is an herb which would simply balance the hormones in your body, maintain the menstrual cycle and allow blood flow!
Method To Use Cinnamon
- You can add cinnamon on your meals and this would make a huge difference in your menstrual cycle.
- Take one glass warm milk.
- Add some cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Drink this amazing Luke warm milk everyday the morning.
- This would simply get your periods regular!
Pineapple is an amazing fruit which is filled with natural enzymes, nutrients and elements which can regulate your menstrual cycle and would soothe the menstrual cramps. This wonder ingredient would simply heal all your menstrual issues and regulate periods!
Method To Use Pineapple
- Slice some pineapples and add them into the blender.
- Add some water and blend. Prepare the delicious pineapple juice.
- Pour into a glass and drink this amazing juice daily!
- This is a delicious and healthy way to regulate periods and to boost blood flow!
Unripe and ripe papayas are extremely beneficial for soothing periods pain and also to fight irregular periods. This fruit is enriched with nutrients and elements which can battle irregular periods due to hormonal imbalance or such other reasons. Try this amazing ingredient and soon you will get some cool results and regular periods!
Method To Use Papayas
- Eat 1 bowl ripe papayas daily and this will have a great impact on your periods.
- Also, you can drink 1 glass juice of unripe papayas daily to fight irregularity in your periods and can maintain the constant regular periods.
- The cramps and pain during menstruation would get reduced soon!
7. Regular Excising and Weight Loss
- It is proven fact that extreme weight gain or obesity can cause delayed periods. Also, the high or low BMI levels can lead to delayed periods. In such cases, you can try losing some weight and regulate you periods.
- Go for workouts like swimming, jogging, walk, jumping ropes etc and lose weight. This would help in regulating your menstruation by balancing your weight and BMI!
8. Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds are awesome for promising regular menstruation. This is a home remedy which is used since long and has an awesome impact on the body. Generally, menstrual issues and delayed periods are caused due to hormonal imbalances and sesame seeds help in producing hormones. These seeds would boost your periods and blood flow making your body healthy!
Method To Use Sesame Seeds
- Roast the sesame seeds and let them get dry.
- Add these seeds in a blender and also add 1 spoon jaggery in the bender.
- Every morning, consume this delicious mixture empty stomach and feel the difference.
- This would simply repair all the issues of delayed periods and would also sooth your menstrual pain quickly!
9. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel is an awesome ingredient which can regulate your menstrual cycle by secretion of the needed hormones. This gel would boost your ovulation and metabolic systems which may cause delayed periods.
Method To Use Aloe Vera Gel
- In a glass add some Luke warm water.
- Add 1 spoon aloe Vera gel and half spoon honey.
- Mix these ingredients and drink this mixture.
- This would soon regulate your menstrual cycles and battle delayed periods!
Turmeric is an awesome antioxidant which is filled with nutrients and organic elements which can boost menstrual cycle and regulate it. It is loaded with rich anti-bacterial properties and elements which can balance your hormones!
Method To Use Turmeric
- Gets a glass full of milk.
- Add 1/4th spoon of turmeric powder in the milk.
- Add half spoon honey in the milk and mix these ingredients.
- Enjoy the warm and delicious milk and regulate your periods.
- This drink would not only make your periods regular but would also keep your menstrual cramps away!
11. Warm Oil Massages
If you think that massages are just to soothe and calm your body, you would love to know that this is an awesome way to fight menstrual cramps, scanty blood flow, irregular periods and much more! Warm oil massages on your abdomen simply would work magically while making you feel awesome!
Method To Use Warm Oils
- Choose any essential oil or olive oil
- Heat the oil a little and massage your abdomen with this oil in circular motion and with smooth pressure, massage your abdomen for 20-30 minutes
- This amazing therapy would simply lead to improved blood flow and would also help in regulating menstruation
- Fight irregular menstruation with this quick and awesome technique which won’t fail!
Do These Remedies Actually Work Without Any Side Effects?
- We all are concerned about the side effects before trying the remedies and this is very important. However, these remedies are filled with all the tried and promising ingredients which women have already tried.
- Also, these are the natural ingredients which are loaded with different nutrients and element which can regulate periods. These ingredients have shown a visible effect on such temporary irregular menstruation issues.
- But remember, anything in excess can harm your body though it is natural and organic. Thus, consume and try these remedies as suggested and not in excess to fight the problems more quickly! This would get amazing results on your body soon!
These are the causes and home remedies for delayed menstruation which you must consider. Remember, menstruation is a very important cycle which is connected to your other body parts and thus, it is important to keep it healthy and effective!